- via mirror.co.ukGMB trade union analysis shows the vote of public sector staff could overturn majorities in 80% of the seats the Conservatives won from Labour last year
- (Picture: ITV)Coronation Street celebrates its 60th anniversary next week with a series of explosive episodes that will change the cobbles forever.
To mark the milestone, the ITV soap has also joined forces with Twitter to launch Race to the Rovers, which is a live online event that will ultimately bring fans, cast, and digital crew together in celebration.
The Corrie digital team essentially ‘lock’ their Mancunian neighbour, Jason Manford in iconic pub the Rovers Return!
Lord Of The Rings stars Sir Ian McKellan, Martin Freeman and John Rhys-Davies have joined forces to save JRR Tolkien’s house.Instead of the legendary author’s Oxford home being put on the market, the actors are hoping to raise enough money to buy the house and turn it into a literary centre.Ian, who played Gandalf and John, who played Gimli in the original franchise, have joi
- Yayoi Kusama is known for her immersive mirror rooms (Picture: EPA/Getty Images)Remember Yayoi Kusama’s exhibition that was meant to be showing at the Tate Modern in 2020, before it was postponed due to you-know-what?Well, get your selfie sticks out: the gallery has announced that the highly Instagrammable exhibition is happening next year instead.Originally planned to mark the gallery’s 20th birthday in May 2020, Kusama’s exhibition will now run from March 29, 2021 until March
- Hackers have began targeting companies vital to the distribution of new Covid-19 vaccines, an alert from the US government has revealed.The alert, shared on a research blog published by IBM, stated that a cyber espionage campaign had been targeting organisations linked with the Covid ‘cold supply’ chain since September.
It is believed 10 of them received sophisticated ‘phishing’ emails, including theEuropean Commission’s Directorate-General for Taxation and Customs
- Classique (Picture: aimeemccomb/TikTok)We’re all used to expectation versus reality fails and yet we can’t help but chuckle at the latest fashion blunders.One woman has left herself and her followers in hysterics after showing off a recent ASOS purchase.Aimee bought crystal-studded trousers for £28 from the online retailer.But when it arrived and she tried the trousers on, they didn’t quite look the same as they did on the model.When Aimee tried on the trousers, they were
- No trips to the vet this winter, please (Picture: Getty/Nora Carol Photography)One of the best things about Christmas is the food – but this isn’t the case for dogs.It’s tempting to feed out furry friends the treats we enjoy most, without realising that it could be extremely dangerous for them to eat them.Vets are urging pet owners to keep their dogs on their usual diets this festive season, using their normal kibble or treats if you do want extra bonding time.This should also
- John Terry has been linked with the Derby County manager job (Picture: Getty Images)John Terry is a candidate for the Derby County job and he would like to take Ashley Cole with him to Pride Park if he is offered the role.Phillip Cocu was sacked as Rams manager last month and Wayne Rooney is in interim charge of the Championship club, where he is also a player and coach.Rooney has been linked with the job on a permanent basis, but Terry has now emerged as the bookmakers’ favourite for the
- A 'profoundly poetic and compelling' painting, which was created in 2008 by the U.S. artist Glenn Ligon, from New York, is expected to sell for £2.6million at Sotheby's in London next Tuesday.
- Tracy Noonan was knocked to the ground and scratched in the back by the kangaroo while going for a run near Melbourne, in an ordeal blamed on her Sarah Jessica Parker perfume.
- Shane has hit back at claims he was being shady towards AJ (Picture: Shane Nolan/Instagram; ITV/Rex)Shane Richie’s son has hit back at claims he was ‘slagging off’ AJ Pritchard on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! Shane Nolan has been live-tweeting his dad’s efforts in the Welsh castle, and hasn’t been afraid to share his thoughts on the other campmates keeping him company. However, after supporting his Eastenders star pops from trolls, Sha
- Lily Allen and David Harbour enjoyed a sweet date night (Picture: Rex; Splash)Lily Allen and her husband David Harbour have made the most of the second lockdown ending, heading out to a fancy dinner in London.The Smile hitmaker looked completely content as she and her Stranger Things star hubby left Scott’s restaurant in Mayfair after enjoying a meal together.Lily, 35, rocked a gorgeous floral number, with David looking smart-casual in a button down shirt and jeans.The Jim Hopper actor, 45
- Tristan Moy, 33, from Brisbane, moved to Indonesia to start her business in 2014 and was hit with salacious Facebook comments made by two Australian women in 2017.
- Jodie is dating US lacrosse player James (Picture: Instagram)Jodie Comer was ‘shocked’ when social media turned against her boyfriend for allegedly supporting Donald Trump.The Killing Eve star began dating American lacrosse player James Burke last year, but the 26-year-old was dragged online after fans discovered he was a registered Republican voter.While not all Republicans support Trump, many took this to mean that James had an allegiance to the sitting President, which they believ
- The famous Pogues song featuring Kirsty MacColl has topped the list of the nation's top tunes to listen to behind the wheel, beating Chris Rea's classic Driving Home for Christmas.
- Jessica Hollins, 25, from Noraville in New South Wales' Central Coast, had agreed to spend the night with the 46-year-old disabled man in March but instead lured him to a beach.
- Nick Gunnell was described as an ‘amazing’ father who ‘lived life to the full’ (Picture: Ben Lack Photography)A father who is believed to have taken his own life during the first lockdown is one of the ‘many hidden victims’ of the pandemic, his brother has said.Financial adviser Nick Gunnell, 55, drowned in the River Ouse, near York, on June 30. Mr Gunnell had left an apologetic message for his family that expressed regret and said ‘Covid got me,’
- The latest weekly figures show a drop of more than a quarter (Picture: Getty Images)Coronavirus cases have dropped by 28% – marking the lowest total since the week ending October 14.Test and Trace’s latest figures suggest a total of 110,620 people tested positive for Covid-19 in England at least once in the week to November 25.It comes as England emerged from its second national lockdown on Wednesday, December 2, and entered a new tiered system.
This is a breaking story – more
- Spiders in Britain can deliver bites that pass on bacterial infections (Getty)Arachnophobics look away now – spiders in Britain are more dangerous than previously thought, according to a new study by scientists.Up to ten varieties of European spiders have bites that may seem harmless but can actually end up causing bacterial infections while one species, the false widow, even carries a strain of bacteria that is resistant to most antibiotics.Among those found in the UK is the common house
- A 48-year-old woman and mother-of-five became the eighth person to die from drinking hand sanitizer that contained industrial-grade alcohol at a house party in Russia, after her husband also perished.
- Iron ore jumped by 3.1 per cent, reaching $US136.29 a tonne on Thursday - the highest price since September 2013.
- Care Forum Wales has warned that many UK care homes may choose to bar visitors until Covid-19 is no longer a threat, rather than risk being forced out of business if taken to court by bereaved relatives.
- WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT. A quick-thinking rescue team has saved an elephant's life after a poacher's snare was caught around its leg at the Musango Island Safari Camp in Zimbabwe.
- Can you solve this CIA riddle? (Photo: Getty)Have you always fancied yourself as a secret agent, but never known where to start?Then you would do well to pass this CIA challenge by telling what time it is, with no clock.America’s Central Intelligence Agency posted the tricky test to Twitter, asking users to predict the hour from the ambiguous wintry scene.Icy roads, snow-topped school buses and evergreen firs casting lengthy shadows was all the agency gave in the way of visual clues.Though
'Several' residents at care home in Cornwall die from Covid as bosses say staff 'working tirelessly'Cornwall Care said there had been a number of cases at Chyvarhas home in Callington, which is under Tier 1 restrictions, and 'several of our much-loved residents have very sadly passed away'.
- via mirror.co.ukEXCLUSIVE: Marie Daniels, from Shrewsbury, Shropshire, was shocked to discover after her son Daniel's death from a drugs overdose that he had stripped his uni room bare and emptied his bank account
- Ex-foreign adviser George Papadopoulos pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI and went to federal prison for 12 days in 2018. He is hoping for a pardon from President Trump.
- Sandy Macaskill (centre) said the restrictions stopping his group exercise classes from operating in areas such as Manchester make 'absolutely no sense'.
- Lionel Messi paid tribute to Diego Maradona in Barcelona’s win over Osasuna (Reuters)Lionel Messi has been fined €600 (£541) for his tribute to Diego Maradona during Barcelona’s win over Osasuna last weekend.After scoring Barcelona’s final goal in their 4-0 win at Camp Nou, Messi received a yellow card for taking off his shirt to reveal a Newell’s Old Boys jersey as a tribute to Maradona, who died last week.Towards the end of his career, Maradona had a brief st
- Investigators believe Christian Brueckner killed Madeleine after abducting her (Picture: Getty/Reuters)Prosecutors in Germany have said they are ‘confident’ the prime suspect in the Madeleine McCann case will be charged over her disappearance.Investigators believe Christian Brueckner, 43, killed Madeleine after abducting her from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in May 2007.He was convicted last year of the rape of a 72-year-old American woman in the same Portuguese resort in 2005
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!