- Caption: Rishi Sunak in new ?4,000,000,000 spending spree to get people back into workPicture: GettyThe Chancellor is planning to help thousands of unemployed people back into work as part of a multi-billion pound package announced in his first Spending Review tomorrow. Rishi Sunak says his ‘number one priority’ is protecting jobs and livelihoods amid the economic havoc wreaked by the coronavirus crisis. But Labour blasted the Government for ‘irresponsible choices’ w
- Go wherever your truck takes you (Picture: Brette Haus)This tiny home looks like something from an idyllic film about living simply off the land.However, it’s actually a portable house, which can be folded up and unfolded and transported on a truck to the next destination.They’re folded into a cube shape, put onto your moving truck, then are unfolded in as little as a few hours wherever you decide.Designed by Latvian firm Brette Haus, these houses cost between £16,000 and &poun
- The students travelled to a remote part of France as part of a ski instructors course (Picture: Google)A group of ‘gap-year students’ who fled the UK lockdown to go skiing have been forced into self-isolation after 16 tested positive for Covid, according to reports.The 26 British skiers were in the tiny French village of Vallorcine, in the Chamonix Valley, when one of the group felt ill and took a test, MailOnline reported.After that test came back positive, the rest of the group wer
Blood-soaked naked man spotted 'wrapped in intestines carrying his father's severed head' in UkraineThe witnesses claim they saw Dmitry Ponomarenko, 30, leave his flat covered in blood and carrying the head of his 53-year-old father Igor Ponomarenko in Odessa, southern Ukraine.
- People had no way of socially distancing as they queued up at Terminal 2 (Picture: Twitter)Scenes of huge crowds at Heathrow Airport yesterday have been called ‘incredibly worrying’, as travellers queued for hours with no way of socially distancing.Hundreds of passengers queues up as they had their documentation checked, on the day Boris Johnson refused to rule out tougher travel rules for new arrivals.On Monday ministers are set to discuss their options, including the whether to for
- Solskjaer and Klopp go head-to-head again (Picture: Getty Images)Michael Owen has delivered his predictions for a number of crunch FA Cup fourth-round clashes including Manchester United’s second meeting in a week with bitter rivals Liverpool.The two sides played out a 0-0 draw at Anfield last Sunday and will do battle again this weekend, this time at Old Trafford.Liverpool are on a five-match winless run in the league, while their opponents United sit top of the table and are in red-hot f
- Rachel Foley was told her smear test was clear in 2014 despite abnormal cells being present which eventually saw her develop cervical cancer and undergo a hysterectomy.
- Ashleigh Shirajudin, of Rhos on Sea, Wales, was showing no coronavirus symptoms but was shocked when she tested positive during a routine check up
- Gemma Massey, 36, has had a successful career as a glamour model and adult actress, but now says she makes more money from home despite the pandemic
- The investigation was launched after the words 'all border post staff are targets' appeared spray painted on a wall in Larne, County Antrim, on Thursday.
- How did the queens do in this week’s acting challenge? (Picture: VH1)It’s been four weeks but RuPaul’s Drag Race season 13 has finally started eliminating their queens.
With the ‘Winners’ Circle’ and the ‘Pork Chop Queens’ finally united in the competition, it was time for them to put their acting skills to the test with their very own RuPaulmark Channel specials.
Naturally, this caused a bit of a commotion as per usual, with fighting for the good
- An elderly man is left fighting for life after being bitten by a shark on the Central Coast of New South Wales during an evening swim.
A homeowner keen to sell his home before the stamp duty deadline has made a quirky promo video showing off his outdoor pool while he stands in the middle of it.Sanderson Jones’ sadly spent the day after his 40th birthday disappointed after he found out last week that buyers for his two-bed flat had pulled out at the 11th hour.This spurred the ex-comedian on to take matters into his
- Alexandria Pierce-Baddeley, 29, was found dead on her bed by her mother at her home in Winsford, Cheshire (Picture: Alexandria Pierce-Baddeley/Cavendish Press)A young mum accidentally killed herself with an overdose after refusing to go to the dentist for fear of catching Covid, an inquest has heard.Alexandria Pierce-Baddeley, 29, developed a severe mouth abscess, but wouldn’t leave the house given her history of bulimia, and previous hospital admissions for hepatitis, sepsi
- YouTube star JoJo Siwa has come out as gay in the most iconic way (Picture: Getty)JoJo Siwa has been supported by famous pals, including Ellen DeGeneres and Paris Hilton, after she came out as gay.The YouTube star opened up about her sexuality on Twitter, donning a top which read: ‘Best. Gay. Cousin. Ever’.Alongside the snap, the 17-year-old simply penned: ‘My cousin got me a new shirt.’Following the announcement, a string of celebrities have reached out to publicly suppo
- Fancy buying your own underground bunker? (Picture: Apex)Screw saving up for a deposit on a fancy flat.
With that money you can go ahead and get an entire underground bunker near St Agnes, Cornwall.
With all the apocalyptic vibes of the moment, it doesn’t seem like that wild of an investment.
The bunker, built during the Cold War in 1961, is on the market with a guide price of £25,000.
The former monitoring post is accessed down a 14ft ladder, and was used in the Cold War to keep an
- British passengers could be flying on aircraft piloted by autonomous systems within the next decade according to an ambitious new scheme being developed by a UK aircraft manufacturer.
- Hemant Oberoi and his staff formed a human barrier to shield their guests from the terrorists at the Taj Mahal hotel after Pakistani gunmen burst inside during a rampage which killed 166 people.
- While he and his brother have enjoyed huge wealth - with his sibling even appearing in The Crown - his mother has endured heartbreak with the loss of seven family members in the space of a few days.
- Jamie Carragher has also urged Liverpool to sign a new centre-back (Sky Sports)Jamie Carragher has urged Trent Alexander-Arnold to call Steve Gerrard for advice over his dip in form for Liverpool.The 22-year-old has established himself as one of the world’s best right-backs and played a key role in Liverpool’s Premier League and Champions League success over the past few years.But the defender is struggling to hit the same heights this season and has suffered a noticeable drop in his
- Mystery surrounds the death of an Australian man on a Bali beach after his family refused to allow an autopsy.
- Public Health England's chief says it is still "not absolutely clear" and a Government adviser says he was "quite surprised" Boris Johnson announced the mutant UK strain of coronavirus could be deadlier
- The Duke of Sussex said ‘we have seen time and again what happens when the real-world cost of misinformation is disregarded’ (Picture: REX/AP)Prince Harry has hit out at social media for the role it played in the deadly US Capitol riots, naming the sites a ‘threat to democracy’.The Duke of Sussex has warned ‘the stakes are too high, and time is running out’ for companies to address damaging misinformation.He claims a false narrative of his and wife Meghan Mark
- Boris Johnson announced yesterday the mutant strain of the virus is causing more deaths (Pictures: Getty/Rex)Scientists say they were ‘surprised’ to hear Boris Johnson’s grave warnings about the new strain of coronavirus because they are still ‘only around 50%’ sure it is more deadly.The Prime Minister announced to the public yesterday that the latest studies indicate the variant first found in Kent is associated with a higher death rate.But some experts say the fin
- Johan Eliasch, 58, was appointed director of [email protected] Innovations which was part of the Dragons' Den-style project that brokers deals between tech start-ups and wealthy investors.
Anti-Kremlin demonstrations break out across Russia in support of jailed Putin-critic Alexei NavalnyProtests against Vladimir Putin took place in temperatures as low as minus 60F (51C) as police forcibly detained supporters of Kremlin foe Navalny, who was arrested upon his return to Russia.
- Beau Biden tragically died of brain cancer in 2015 - a journalist has described the solemn image of a lone person kneeling by his grave as Joe Biden was making his inauguration speech
- (Picture: Endemol Shine)In the aftermath of Colby’s (Tim Franklin) arrest last week, those close to the cop are at breaking point. Although Angelo (Angelo Rosetta) is gloating about the huge bail set against Colby, he still manages to get out – but, with the trial looming, he’s finally beginning to give up hope.Elsewhere, the Paratas continue to struggle, with a note from the gang strapped to a brick and thrown through their front window. When Ari (Rob Kipa-Williams) and Tane (
- (Picture: ITV)Al Chapman (Michael Wildman) secretly seeing Debbie Dingle (Charley Webb) behind Priya Sharma’s (Fiona Wade) back was never going to end well. With Debbie and Priya ready to put their revenge plan into place, could things go too far and Kim Tate (Claire King) ends up killing Al after she makes a discovery?Priya discreetly finishes a series of bank transfers, while fighting the urge to unleash her anger on an unsuspecting Al.Later that day, Debbie surprises Al by suggesting th
- (Picture: BBC)Kush Kazemi’s (Davood Ghadami) exit in EastEnders remains a mystery. We know Davood is set to leave the soap this year after playing Kush for seven years, but aside from his gambling addiction storyline, there isn’t any obvious suggestions on how his final scenes could play out…But is that all about to change?Gray (Toby-Alexander Smith) has been keeping the fact that he killed Chantelle (Jessica Plummer) a secret for months, and has added to his ongoing guilt aft
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!