Rio Ferdinand tells resurgent Manchester United loanee Jesse Lingard to leave the club despite return to formThe retired defender says his old teammate needs to leave for good (Pictures: Getty / FIVE / YouTube)Rio Ferdinand has urged in-form Jesse Lingard to leave Manchester United even if offered a second chance at Old Trafford and believes he is too good to be playing second fiddle to other players.The 28-year-old has delivered a string of excellent displays since joining West Ham on loan in January, scoring three times and laying on one assist in his first four outings and is yet to taste defeat in
- The current maximum sentence handed out to people smugglers in the UK is 14 years however the average jail term served by those 'assisting illegal immigration' is just three years.
- Aaron Beltran will go on trial in Zaragoza after allegedly carrying out the mutilation on Andrew B, an English teacher working in Spain who wanted to film the home procedure.
- NHS England said the vaccination programme will then move to offer vaccinations to around 5million people in their 50s which should take two weeks to deliver.
- The crook was jailed for five and half years in 2015 before the Home Office (pictured) began the deportation process. But at the last minute he claimed he was bisexual and could not live openly in Nigeria.
- The BBC sent out more than 26million 'bullying' letters at a cost of about £7million over ten months last year. An annual colour TV licence costs £157.50, but the charge increases to £159 from April 1.
- Mahinarangi Tautu had her name shortened to just 'Rangi' by a teacher at a Palmerston North daycare centre on the North Island of New Zealand.
- A Sydney mother has come face to face with a parents worst nightmare after finding a huge venomous snake curled up in her daughters bedroom, that had been brought in by the family cat.
- David Barron, 60, was threatened with jail when another juror saw him reading Golf Monthly instead of concentrating on the evidence during robbery trial.
- Vanessa Bryant, 38, took to Instagram on Saturday to rip the LA County Sheriff's Department, which she filed a lawsuit against in September for sharing photos of the crash that killed Kobe.
- An Australian business owner struggling to find workers says many would rather sit around on the dole than get a job.
- Dylan Farrow tweeted out a plea today for understanding and empathy hours before Sunday's HBO docuseries Allen V. Farrow airs unseen footage of her as a seven-year-old child.
Games Inbox: Pokémon Diamond/Pearl remake reaction, Dragon Age 4 single-player, and Project TrianglePokémon Legends: Arceus – are you impressed? (pic: The Pokémon Company)The Monday Inbox wonders about celebrity video game fans, as one reader is upset that EA has given up on Anthem.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
The Pokémon Diamond/Pearl remake looks pretty terrible – I have no idea what they’re thinking with those overworld graphics, but the open world game… that could have potential. I
- The two-year-old girl was sleeping by her mother's side when a man broke into their Tennant Creek home, in remote Northern Territory, in February 2018 and sexually assaulted her in an adjoining room.
- One in five Australians have less than $1,000 in the bank, even though the pandemic has turned Australia into a nation of savers. Many people are planning ahead as Covid subsidies come to an end.
- A letter from a mystery sender containing a detailed statement from the alleged victim was sent to Scott Morrison and two South Australian senators last week.
- American-born MP Sir Henry 'Chips' Channon's diaries are being published for the first time in their uncensored glory.
- The money provided byRishi Sunak will include £22million to fund a UK trial of a 'mix and match' vaccine strategy, where volunteers will be given first and second doses of different jabs.
- Not even a pandemic could stop Sarah Hyland, Margot Robbie and Kaley Cuoco from bringing the glam (Picture: Getty/Instagram/Kaley Cuoco/Sarah Hyland)The Golden Globes might have been virtual this year but that didn’t stop stars like Elle Fanning and Margot Robbie from getting dressed up the nines.The annual ceremony was hosted from separate coasts with the action taking place in New York City’s Rainbow Room and inside in the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles.The Flight Attendant’s
- Prince Harry reveals his 'biggest fear was history repeating itself' in new teaser for bombshell sit down interview with Oprah.
- Alarming footage has emerged from a vicious fight between two private school girls after a boy was seen offering a girl a beer to throw the first punch.
- An online subscription service dubbed Petflix has experienced rocketing growth in the past year, with more than 180 million views across its platforms in 2020, as pet owners give dogs a virtual walk.
- A pregnant mother of two has warned she will introduce a bonk ban against the father of her children if he goes ahead with plans to get the COVID-19 jab.
Manchester United claim Luke Shaw misheard Harry Maguire’s chat with referee Stuart Attwell in Chelsea drawManchester United and Chelsea shared the points after Sunday’s drab stalemate (Picture: Getty)Luke Shaw stunned viewers after Sunday’s goalless draw at Stamford Bridge as he claimed Stuart Attwell chose not to award a penalty against Chelsea for fear of a potential backlash – but Manchester United insist the left-back got the wrong end of the stick and misheard the referee’s exchange with Harry Maguire.The major talking point of the drab stalemate came in the 14th minute
- Dominique Moraitis, the granddaughter of Morco Fresh fruit and vegetable patriarch and multimillionaire Nick Moraitis, split with Blake Ferguson last year after a five-month engagement.
- British stars tipped for success during the Golden Globes include The Queen's Gambit's Anya Taylor-Joy and Emma Corrin, who played Princess Diana in The Crown.
- Anyone threatening to leak explicit material of someone without their consent will face up to two years in jail. It has been a crime to publish without consent since 2015.
- One in four of all coronavirus deaths have been among those with the dementia - but care home visiting bans have denied families the chance to say goodbye.
- via mirror.co.ukOver-40s could get their jabs by the end of March if the UK continues its average pace of 2.5million doses a week in the government's bid to vaccinate all adults by July
- Trump assured in his grand comeback at CPAC Sunday that he won't form a new party because it would further divide the GOP - and the former president previewed another WH run in 2024.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!