- The Spanish centre-back only made 12 Premier League appearances before leaving (Picture: Getty)Rio Ferdinand says Manchester United always felt Gerard Pique would reach the very top of the game but he was simply unsuited to the Premier League, prompting his return to Barcelona.The World Cup winner moved to Old Trafford as a teenager after opting to leave Barca’s academy but, despite a number of encouraging displays and a successful loan at Real Zaragoza, he was sold back to his old club fo
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer explains why he was annoyed with Marcus Rashford during Man Utd win over BrightonMarcus Rashford scored his first goal of the new season against Brighton (Picture: Getty)Ole Gunnar Solskjaer revealed he gave Marcus Rashford a ticking off during Manchester United’s win over Brighton but was delighted with the forward’s overall contribution in the dramatic win at the Amex Arena.The England international was criticised for a sluggish performance against Crystal Palace last weekend when he struggled to make an impact against a well drilled Eagles’ defence.With
- How can you take part in the ONS study requiring swab tests at home? (Picture: Getty)The Office for National Statistics (ONS) has partnered with the University of Oxford and IQVIA, formerly Quintiles and IMS Health, Inc. for a new UK survey looking at Covid.As cases continue to climb across the country – with 38 areas including London added to the watch list this week and Cardiff and Swansea back in lockdown – the study will look at understanding how many people have the virus.
- Koby Dean Hamilton, 11, is Jones' son to Kerri-Anne Hamilton - the cricket star's well documented former mistress.
- A group of Black Lives Matter protesters were filmed in a tense confrontation with a Louisville storeowner after they pressed him to voice his support for the movement on Friday.
- Thiem practised with Djokovic on Saturday (Picture: Corbis via Getty)Dominic Thiem still views Rafael Nadal as the man to beat at the French Open but thinks the wet and cold conditions will boost Novak Djokovic’s chances of claiming a second title at Roland Garros.
Thiem, the world No. 3 from Austria with a one-handed backhand, is a two-time finalist on the clay courts of Paris and he rates his chances below former champions Djokovic and Nadal despite winning his first major title at the U
- From private jet to somebody’s living room in just a few feet (Picture: Peerspace)If you’ve seen a picture of an influencer frolicking in a private jet recently, it’s worth checking the photograph above.Because, far from a G6, they might actually be in a warehouse off the M4 (well, not quite, but still not a plane).Some influencers in the US have recently been exposed for renting a photo studio made to look like a private plane for their Instagram photos, and it’s a real
- (Picture: BBC)Jags Panesar is set to leave EastEnders in coming weeks as actor Amar Adatia has filmed his final, dramatic scenes on the BBC soap.
Pre-lockdown, the role of Jags was always planned to just see through the course of a specific storyline for the Panesar clan, with Actor Amar already signed up to star in a film.
Due to the soap shutting down, storylines were delayed and Amar returned to filming to shoot his last storyline on screen, which will play out over coming weeks as he finds h
- There have officially been 429,277 infections in the UK since the pandemic began (Picture: Getty Images/PA)A further 6,042 people in the UK have tested positive for coronavirus in the past 24 hours after a series of record breaking daily tolls.
Today’s figures from the Department of Health and Social care bring the official total number of infections since the infection began to 429,277.Another 34 people have died within 28 days of catching the disease, bringing the UK death toll to 41,971
- Russell Hill, 74, and Carol Clay, 73, went missing on a remote Victorian camping trip in March but crime journalist Adam Shand has revealed why he believes the couple could be alive.
- Will Mellor once put down a cat assuming it was his own pet (Picture: Getty)Will Mellor recalled the time he accidentally put down someone else’s cat, after mistaking the pet for his own.Yes, seriously.Appearing on an instalment of his podcast with Ralf Little, aptly named Two Pints with Will and Ralf, he explained they had kept the remains in an urn – without realising it wasn’t their moggy.Setting the scene, the 44-year-old told his pal they had two pedigree Bengal cats in th
- Police close Swansea wedding party and force guests to leave for breaking coronavirus rules. Guests crammed into Adelina's Bar and Kitchen last week. The venue has now been shut
- Coronavirus cases in the UK have hit their highest ever level for a Saturday at 6,042 in 24 hours, and 20 deaths in 24 hours.
- (Picture: North News & Pictures Ltd nort)A six-year-old girl has tragically died after being hit by a falling tree at a primary school in Newcastle.The child was taken to hospital from Gosforth Park First School in Newcastle-upon-Tyne shortly after 1pm on Friday.She died in hospital on Saturday, Northumbria Police said.A spokesman for the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) said: ‘HSE is aware that this is now a fatal incident and we will work alongside Northumbria Police to investigate.
- A motorist drove along a busy road near Lymington with a full greenhouse mounted to the roof of the car (Picture: BNPs)Bizarre footage has emerged of a car being driven down a busy road with an entire greenhouse strapped to its roof. Passing drivers were stunned as the Citroen C4 drove at speeds of up to 40mph with the 8ft by 6ft metal frame balancing precariously on top of it.A back seat passenger was even seen with their arm out of the window holding onto the structure.Local care manager
- Residents in California's Bay Area could be required to work from home three days a week after the Metropolitan Transportation Commission voted and approved a proposal
- The Gambling Commission came under fire earlier this year after a committee found them to be ‘unacceptably weak’ (Picture: SWNS / PA)The parents of a gambler who killed himself have claimed Government bodies ‘do not want to know’ about how their ‘perfectly happy’ son died. English teacher Jack Ritchie, 24, who was working in Hanoi, Vietnam, died by suicide after jumping from a building in November 2017. Sheffield Town Hall heard yesterday a coroner w
- Once Cardiff and Swansea follow Leeds, Stockport, Blackpool and Wigan into local lockdowns at the end of the weekend, a quarter of all people in the UK will be living under tighter restrictions
- Scotland and Northern Ireland each set new records for the daily number of new Covid-19 cases, and NHS England confirmed 20 more deaths in hospitals
- The family were travelling in a 4WD which was towing their camper trailer when they hit a sedanin Nowendoc, in the NSW Northern Tablelands, at 12.20pm on Saturday.
- Chelsea Renton, from Cathcart Police Office in Glasgow, is being investigated by bosses after she criticised lockdown laws on her Instagram page, branding the UK government 'a joke'
- Tamika Wever, 24, received serious head injuries when the taxi she was in was struck by another car at Edgeworth near Newcastle, 160km north of Sydney.
- Cheer yourself up with a little think about the end (Picture: Ella Byworth for Metro.co.uk)If there’s one topic you’re not supposed to dwell on, it’s death. Death has to be the most gloomy subject going.But apparently, the reverse is true. According to one academic, contemplating death may actually help us to live happier lives.Steve Taylor, senior lecturer in psychology at Leeds Beckett University, has found that surviving death or seriously thinking about it can have a &lsquo
- Vyacheslav Zolochevskyi, in his 20s, was the sole survivor of the crash after the Antonov An-26 military aircraft with a 'faulty engine' came down one mile short of its airfield.
- Erin Gelken was forced to go for tetanus injections and blood tests after she pricked her tongue on a strawberry she bought at Aldi in Port Pirie, South Australia.
- Olivier Giroud came off the bench to score for Chelsea against Barnsley in the Carabao Cup (Picture: Getty Images)Chelsea manager Frank Lampard is delighted with how Olivier Giroud has responded to falling down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge after the arrival of Timo Werner.The Frenchman had worked his way back into the Chelsea first team in the second half of last season, after coming close to leaving the club in January.However, the summer has not gone well for the former Arsenal man as
- U.S. Magistrate Judge Rozella A. Oliver said that the conditions presented by Ed Buck's team were 'insufficient' to ensure that he would show for trial.
- Around 600 students are currently in self-isolation at the University of Glasgow (Picture: Getty Images)Glasgow University has said it will refund all its students living in halls of residence one month of rent.It comes after at least 124 students tested positive for coronavirus, forcing around 600 students into self-isolation.The Scottish Government and Universities Scotland has asked freshers not to socialise in pubs, restaurants and other venues this weekend.
The university has now said it wi
- The comedian took aim at the Supreme Court nominee frontrunner during the opening monologue of his HBO show 'Real Time With Bill Maher' Friday night.
- Monty spoke of his grief at losing Nigel (Picture: Instagram/EPA)Gardeners’ World star Monty Don has called the loss of his dog Nigel ‘a proper bereavement’.Fans of the BBC show were heartbroken earlier this year when Monty confirmed that his 11-year-old golden retriever, who appeared on Gardeners’ World alongside his owner, had died.And Monty said shared the ‘true grief’ he has felt since Nigel’s passing in May.Speaking to The Times, the 65-year-old sai
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!