- Its take off at Windermere marks 28 years since any seaplane has flown at the Cumbria lake and 111 years since the original Waterbird flew for the first time.
- Child abuse squad detectives charged the 60-year-old man, who works in the south-west district of WA as a doctor, with 19 offences against children.
- A leading tech analyst says the massive data breach that allowed a hacker to steal personal details of up to 11 million Optus customers is an 'extinction-level event' for the telco
Hilaria Baldwin admits she’s suffering ‘mum guilt’ and emotions are ‘all over the place’ after birth of seventh childHilaria Baldwin got real about mum life (Picture: hilariabaldwin/Instagram)Hilaria Baldwin has opened up about her emotions being ‘all over the place’ and suffering ‘mum guilt’ after the birth of her seventh child.The star, 38, recently welcomed a new baby, daughter Ilaria Catalina Irena, with her husband Alec Baldwin, 64.However, she’s making no secret of finding things a tad difficult, opening up on Instagram as she shared a snap of herself with a pram.‘Maki
- 1 in 5 say they feel more confident wearing a second-hand outfit(Credits: Getty Images/iStockphoto)We’ve all done it. You’ve got a night out or a friend’s birthday planned, and before you know it you’ve ‘added to basket’ and panic bought a whole new outfit.You don’t spare a thought for all the other great items hanging in your wardrobe – and the environment doesn’t even cross your mind.But we know that fast fashion is damaging the planet.The
Nasa has successfully crashed a spacecraft into a small asteroid as part of a planetary protection test mission.While this asteroid – named Dimorphos – posed no threat to Earth, the aim of the mission was to demonstrate that dangerous incoming rocks can be deflected by deliberately smashing into them.‘IMPACT SUCCESS!’ Nasa tweeted after its spacecraft, known as Do
‘Rubbish’ Ronnie O’Sullivan produced worst performance in years at British Open, says Stephen HendryRonnie O’Sullivan was a long way from his best in the British Open first round (Picture: Getty Images)Ronnie O’Sullivan turned in the worst performance he’s produced in a long time in first round defeat to Alexander Ursenbacher at the British Open, reckons Stephen Hendry.The world champion suffered a shock 4-1 defeat to Ursenbacher on Monday evening in Milton Keynes, although given his record against the Swiss star, maybe it was not too much of a surprise.The 26-year-old has no
- A man who lives with California Democratic congresswoman Katie Porter was arrested after a scuffle with Donald Trump supporters in July 2021.
- New research by the nation's peak welfare body found those on Centrelink payments were skipping meals and even foregoing hot showers to save on electricity bills.
- The woman, who hails from Miller City and goes by the name Amber Rose,posted the troubling photos showing off the brutalized husky on Friday, claiming the animal was a wolf and touting the kill.
- A magistrate has dropped the charges against climate activist Mali Cooper, 22, who paralysed Sydney when she chained herself to a steering wheel near the entrance of the Harbour Bridge in June.
- Lindsay Marsh filed for divorce from her husband of 25 years in April 2021. She was shocked when he asked her to hand over a boudoir photo album she created for him - and the judge sided with him.
- HURRICANE IAN LIVE BLOG: Click for all the latest updates on Hurricane Ian.
- The Judgment Day is dominating the WWE landscape – but Edge returned on Raw as the continual thorn in their side.First, Rey Mysterio addressed his ongoing issues with his son Dominik before stepping out to face longtime rival Seth Freakin’ Rollins in the second match of the night.Not surprisingly given their experience and longevity in the business, this was an absolutely incredible bout from bell to bell, with Dom coming down with a chair as the mind games continued with his dad.He
- Arctic Monkeys played Reading Festival earlier this year (Picture: Simone Joyner/Getty Images)Arctic Monkeys have reportedly signed on the dotted line to headline Glastonbury Festival’s Pyramid Stage in 2023.The band are said to have started preparing for the epic gig, which would mark the first time they’ve appeared on the Pyramid Stage in 10 years, and the third time they’ve played the iconic festival, which will take place from June 21 to June 25 next year.A source said: &ls
Stephen Joseph Rakich: Western Australia Education Department boss admits child exploitation offenceThe Western Australian director of e-learning Stephen Joseph Rakich, 67, was snared in a huge operation by WA Police, Australian Federal Police and Australian Border Force.
- Scotland and Ukraine square off in their final Nations League group stage game (Picture: Ian MacNicol/Getty Images)Scotland face a winner-takes-all showdown with Ukraine in the last Nations League group stage game of the campaign.Steve Clarke’s men sit two points above second-placed Ukraine, needing just a draw to secure promotion to League A.And crucially, landing top spot in the group would mean Scotland are placed in Pot 2 for the Euro 2024 qualifying draw and would give them the safety
- Tracy and Frankie return (Pictures: ITV)Emmerdale’s Nate (Jurell Carter) is in for a surprise when Tracy (Amy Walsh) makes an unannounced visit to the village.
Nothing like the return of an ex to throw a spanner in the works of a fledgeling romance.Tracy and Nate split after she learned he’d been unfaithful, and, unable to get past his betrayal, Tracy packed up herself and their baby daughter for a new life in Nottingham, with Nate left to wallow in regret.Nate has since been trying
- Will he keep the secret? (Pictures: ITV)After Emmerdale’s Mackenzie (Lawrence Robb) and Charity (Emma Atkins) had an argument about trying again for a baby so soon after Charity’s pregnancy ended in heartbreak, Mack went off and drowned his sorrows before falling into bed with a woman who up till now has been a mystery.
All we know is that Mack had no interest in continuing a relationship with her and instantly regretted what he’d done, feeling guilty when he returned home to C
- Mack’s secret won’t be hidden for much longer (Picture: ITV)Emmerdale’s Mack (Lawrence Robb) has been desperately trying to keep the news of his one-night stand to himself, but a drunken slip up will risk everything.It’s not him that makes the faux pas, however. After a few beers, a sozzled Nate (Jurell Carter) becomes a little too loose tongued and makes a joke about Mack’s indiscretion, just as Ryan (James Moore) appears.
They try and rapidly backtrack, but the da
- History repeats itself (Pictures: ITV)Since Al Chapman (Michael Wildman) and Chas Dingle (Lucy Pargeter) were spotted kissing outside a hotel by Belle (Eden Taylor-Draper) in Emmerdale, they’ve done their best to be more discreet about their affair.
But in upcoming scenes, the pair are horrified when they’re once again spotted in a compromising moment.It all comes about after Kerry (Laura Norton) has shocked Al – and the entire Woolpack – by proposing marriage to him in t
- Nish makes his arrival (Picture: BBC)Vinny Panesar (Shiv Jalota) finally pays a visit to his father Nish (Navin Chowdhry) in prison in upcoming EastEnders episodes.The feared patriarch, who has been in prison for murder for 20 years, greets his son with affection, surprising Vinny. Nish reminisces about old times, but Vinny is uneasy, wanting to know the real reason his father wanted to see him. Does Nish have a secret agenda?A spokesperson for EastEnders told us that, ‘On the surface, Nis
- It’s a risky idea (Pictures: ITV)Bernie Winters (Jane Hazlegrove) recently met a lady called Fern (Gabrielle Glaister) in Coronation Street – and they look exactly alike.In a storyline pitched by Jane, who is often mistaken for Gabrielle and vice versa, Bernie met Fern after picking up her posh jacket from the shopping centre.Once they had established they share a lot (like, a lot) in common, Bernie and Fern have decided to use their doppelgänger quirks to their advantage.At No.
- Sir Keir Starmer will deliver his conference speech today with the party in a commanding position in the polls (Picture: PA)Labour has hit an historic opinion poll high after a turbulent week for the government and economy.With the fallout of the tax-slashing budget still unfolding, the party has opened up a 17-point lead over the Tories, according to YouGov.The firm – which was co-founded by minister Nadhim Zahawi before he became an MP in 2001 – said it’s the biggest gap it h
- Professional services firmKPMG is asking job seekers what their sexual orientation is, if they've had a 'trans or gender diverse experience' or an 'intersex variation' in application forms
- Olbermann, who currently hosts a podcast,didn't spare his disappointment with the moderate senator, claiming that she previously was even more liberal than him.
- via mirror.co.ukSteven Daniel's body was found in the River Humber after apparently falling from a bridge two days before Jane Cairns also died
- Stressed renters queueing to see a tiny unit on Saturday found it looked very different from the online ad. Housing groups have vowed to make renters' rights an issue at the next NSW election.
- The Paris-based OECD expects the Reserve Bank of Australia to next year hike interest rates to an 11-year high of 3.6 per cent. An average borrower would pay $1,116 more a month than early 2022.
- via mirror.co.ukPrincess Beatrice and Queen Consort Camilla Parker-Bowles will now have the constitutional role of Counsellors of State following King Charles III's ascension to the throne
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!