- American Red Cross is asking the public for help in replenish the United States' depleted blood inventory amid a 'severe' national shortage likely driven by surge in ER visits and trauma cases.
Love Island 2021: Millie Court’s dad has been sharing adorable messages of support during Liam Reardon break-upMillie’s dad shared a heartfelt message after Millie’s recent relationship struggles (Picture: Instagram / courtyneonart / ITV)Millie Court has been at the centre of a dramatic few days inside the Love Island 2021 villa, but one thing is for certain – her dad will have her back no matter what. Her dad Rob Court has said she ‘wanted to dive into TV to cuddle her’ after she was left in tears after a dramatic development involving Liam Reardon.Sunday’s episo
- Simone Biles could still compete again at Tokyo 2020 (Picture: Getty Images)Simone Biles will compete again at the Tokyo Games, returning to action in the balance beam final on Tuesday.The 24-year-old has withdrawn from five events in Japan as she focusses on improving her mental health, pulling out of the women’s team final and then the individual all-around, vault, bars and floor finals.However, she will be back on Tuesday, with USA Gymnastics confirming in a tweet: ‘We are so exci
Love Island star Millie Court seems officially done with her romance with Liam Reardon after he got cosy with Lillie Haynes in Casa Amor – but Lucinda Strafford isn’t convinced.Lucinda, who entered the villa with Millie as a bombshell, said she’s ‘hopeful’ the pair can sort things out – despite their brutal split.Asked by Christine Lampard on Lorraine
It should be illegal for bosses to discriminate against those who don’t reply to out of hours emailsBoundaries need to be set between work and life (Picture: Getty Images)Do you ever feel like you just can’t switch off from work? Do you catch yourself checking emails on your phone at all hours? Or taking a call from the office when you’re supposed to be off work? Well, you’re not alone. Even before the pandemic, digital technology meant that millions of workers were struggling to separate work and home life, with emails pinging on their phones and laptops de
- It might be mid-August before the UK sees more scenes like this (Picture: AFP/REX/PA)Brits can hope for more summery weather later this month – though not before heavy rain and wind hits this week.Some forecasters are predicting another heatwave towards the middle or end of August, with temperatures possibly even hitting the 30°C mark.But people in southern parts of the UK will have to put their plans on ice and settle for downpours on Monday.Showers – some of them thundery
- Ariana Grande becomes the latest star to be added to Fortnite (pic: Epic Games)Fortnite is to a host a multi-day Ariana Grande concert this week, with related quests and in-game items already live.Like most things in Fortnite, the idea that Ariana Grande is going to be hosting a concert was leaked ahead of time, but now it’s been confirmed – and it’s happening very soon.Ariana Grande will be the headline act in the Rift Tour, a ‘musical journey’ that starts at 11pm
- Logan Williamson has been named as the five-year-old boy who was found dead in a river (Picture: Wales News Service)A five-year-old boy found dead in a river has been described as ‘the kindest boy you could ever wish to meet’.Tributes are pouring in for the young victim, named locally as Logan Williamson, while police question a man, woman and 13-year-old boy under suspicion of his murder.Logan was found in the River Ogmore running 400 yards from his front door through Pandy Park in
Piers Morgan stokes bitter David Walliams feud as he slates Little Britain star for ‘liking’ nasty tweetsSeemingly no love lost between Piers and David (Picture: Getty)Piers Morgan is adding another log to his apparently fiery feud with David Walliams, accusing the Little Britain star of ‘liking’ nasty tweets about him.It’s not the first time the former Good Morning Britain presenter has shared his thoughts about David, after he previously branded him a ‘treacherous piece of work’ in a scathing takedown.But with the polarising journalist causing a stir after sharing hi
- Rafael Nadal has urged Novak Djokovic to avoid lashing out during his matches (AFP/AP)Rafael Nadal admits he found Novak Djokovic’s outburst in the Olympics ‘strange’ after the Serb took out his anger on his racquet.Djokovic’s hopes of being the first male tennis player to win a Golden Slam were ended last week following his semi-final defeat to Alexander Zverev, who went on to win the gold medal in the men’s singles.The world No.1 was then beaten by Spain’s P
- Laurel Hubbard, 43, who gender transitioned in 2012, is competing in the 87+kg category in Tokyo after a controversial rule change by the International Olympic Committee.
- Natalie played Alicia Metcalfe from 2010 – 2015 (Picture: ITV)Emmerdale star Natalie Anderson has landed a Hollywood movie role with Liam Neeson.Natalie – who played Alicia Metcalfe in the ITV soap – will appear alongside Liam, Monica Bellucci and former Neighbours actor Guy Pearce in the upcoming film titled ‘Memory’.Discussing the offer of the role, Natalie said:‘When I saw who was involved, I thought, “Crikey, this is a big film,” so of course I
- Adam Peaty has hit out at the negative comments since announcing he will take a break from the pool. (Getty)Team GB swimmer Adam Peaty has slammed the reaction to the announcement that he will spend a month away from the pool in a bid to look after his mental health. Peaty, who won two gold medals and a silver at Tokyo 2020, was part of Team GB’s record-breaking team that sealed eight swimming medals, beating the previous best of seven set in 1908. But despite all his success, pe
- Could Halo Infinite be getting a battle royale mode after all? (pic: 343 Industries)The technical preview for Halo Infinite has been datamined and fans have discovered audio that could confirm a battle royale mode.Over the weekend, lucky Halo fans took part in a technical preview of Halo Infinite – specifically the game’s multiplayer. As you’d expect, dataminers have searched through the preview’s files to see if they can glean any new info and uncovered an intriguing pie
- Mandy isn’t going anywhere! (Picture: ITV)It’s hard to imagine what Emmerdale would look like without Mandy Dingle. Quite frankly, we wouldn’t want to find out, and thankfully, we won’t have to, as actress Lisa Riley has signed a new contract to stay on the soap.Rejoice!Lisa, who first played Mandy between 1995 and 2001, reprised her iconic role in 2019, and has been on the ITV soap ever since.
‘I honestly still pinch myself that I get to play such an amazing charac
Giovanni Pernice cuddles up to girlfriend Maura Higgins in cosy snap as romance sizzles: ‘Missing my baby girl’Maura Higgins and Giovanni Pernice are giving us all the feels (Picture: Getty/Instagram/maurahiggins)The chemistry between hot new couple Maura Higgins and Giovanni Pernice is off the radar judging by their latest loved-up photo. The Strictly Come Dancing pro and Love Island star confirmed their romance in July after weeks of mounting rumours. With their relationship finally public, Giovanni isn’t holding back with the cosy photos of them together. In his latest Instagram p
- U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said he is 'confident' that Iran conducted a drone attack on Israeli-linked MV Street Oil tanker, which killed a British Army veteran and Romanian crew member.
- The Prince of Wales has spent most of his life as the heir to the throne and each royal's personality is reflected in what role they have been born into, said a relationship expert
- We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story
- Health experts in New South Wales added 17 new sites to the list on Monday afternoon, including Woolworths stores in Baulkham Hills, Thornleigh, Ryde and Strathfield.
- Lisa Fernandes was called by a man claiming to be from the RSPCA (Picture: SWNS)Con artists scammed a cat lover out of hundreds of pounds by claiming they had found her pet.Lisa Fernandes was called by a man claiming to be from the RSPCA to say her four-year-old tabby Hazel, missing for three days, had been found.The caller claimed she needed to pay a vet for looking after the cat but Ms Fernandes’s relief turned to anger when she got to the pet care centre to find Hazel was still missing
- A fully vaccinated health worker has tested positive to coronavirus, sending dozens of ICU nurses and medical staff at Westmead Hospital into isolation.
- A bungling motorist took more than seven minutes to perform a 31-point parallel park into a space in Streatham, south London.
- Cloud Nine, a holiday company with three sites in Dorset, Norfolk and the Cotswolds that are running over the summer holidays, claims to offer the 'ultimate family escape' with five-star luxury.
- Laura and Alan Weston, who live on Rush Hill, Bath, are among the locals who said a Clean Air Zone has made their life a "nightmare" as it caused "astronomical" traffic on their road
- A new study suggests masks and cleaning have prevented train travel becoming a major infection risk(Picture: AP/PA/AFP)Four of England’s busiest train stations were shown to be Covid-free while infections among the community were high thanks to extra cleaning and mask-wearing.Surfaces frequently touched by customers, like escalator handles, ticket machines and benches, were swabbed and sent away for lab testing.The same was done on intercity train services and hour-long air samples were al
- Less than seven per cent of violent crimes ended in anyone being charged - with sexual offences even lower at just 3.5 per cent and rape only 1.5 per cent.
- Who makes it out alive after a shocking week in the Bay? (Pictures: Channel 5)This week on Home and Away, Nikau (Kawakawa Fox-Reo) betrays Bella (Courtney Miller) in the worst way possible by sleeping with Sienna (Rose Riley) after being led to believe his girlfriend is dating her photography tutor in secret. Elsewhere, Chloe (Sam Barratt) and Ryder’s (Lukas Radovich) food truck explodes, leaving several people injured – including Emmett (JR Reyne), Jasmine (Sam Frost) and Chloe hers
- Speaking on the trivia website Constative , globe-trotters, have shared their thoughts on the American way of living, including observing someone putting more sugar into Coke.
- Louisa portrayed villainous Maya (Picture: ITV)Emmerdale star Louisa Clein has unveiled her new hair transformation.
The actress, best known to audiences for portraying Maya Stepney in the ITV soap, showed off her new do in a post on social media, revealing a darker blonde look that is ‘a lot less curly’.‘Bit less blonde. A lot less curly. And nowhere to go tonight except home!!!,’ she wrote, alongside a selfie, which revealed her new look.
The soap star, 42, also thanked
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!