- The woman was behind the wheel in Lowood, about 60 kilometres west of Brisbane, when she noticed the snake on Monday.
- Surfing prodigy, Nate Clark, 4, from Devon, lives just 10 mins from the beach and has honed his skills over lockdown. Amazing footage shows him standing up on the surfboard.
- Wednesday night was the last time Britons will be able to head out for a late night drink or meal indefinitely(Picture: SnapperSK/EPA)Britons headed out to enjoy a final big night out in pubs, bars and restaurants ahead of the 10pm curfew coming into effect today.Wednesday night marked the last time the public will be allowed to head out for a late drink or meal in England for at least six months, as part of new measures to reverse surging infection rates.Freshers were out in boozers trying to m
- A tiny cut could’ve meant losing an eye for this mum (Picture: PA Real Life)Mum Claire Taylor thought little of it when she caught herself on a car door and sustained a tiny cut to the corner of her left eye.But within 36 hours, the 47-year-old’s face had swollen dramatically and she had become delirious, drifting in and out of consciousness.The only other person at home with Claire, from Essex, was her daughter Carmen, then six, who did not realise how ill her mum was.But luckily Ca
- Fall Guys suddenly seem like they might not be so delicious to eat (pic: Mediatonic)Ever wondered what a Fall Guy actually was? Just assumed they were some kind of jellybean person? The truth is far more disturbing.If you find yourself unable to sleep tonight we apologise in advance, but just remember: we didn’t draw this picture, Mediatonic’s senior concept artist did.And, as you can see from the tweet, it is now the official explanation for what a Fall Guy looks like underneath.Whi
- Lawyers for prime suspect Christian Brueckner had argued that protocols in the use of the European Arrest Warrant had been reached, but today judges threw his appeal out
- The furlough scheme has cost the government almost £40 billion to dateNew support measures for workers and businesses impacted by the latest round of coronavirus restrictions will be unveiled today amid warnings of a ‘tsunami’ of job losses over winter.
Chancellor Rishi Sunak has axed his autumn budget and will instead launch a ‘Winter Economy Plan’ to address how he will bolster the economy in the wake of the worsening crisis.
His initiative will include VAT cuts,
- Simon Cowell ‘forced to drop out of Britain’s Got Talent Christmas special’ (Picture: ITV)Simon Cowell is said to have been forced to drop out of the Britain’s Got Talent Christmas special while he recovers from breaking his back.
At the start of August, the music mogul was rushed to hospital after falling off an electric bike while enjoying quality time with his family.
He has since undergone five hours of surgery seeing him pull out from the main runs of both America an
Selling Sunset season 4 delayed due to coronavirus as Jason Oppenheim confirms full cast will be backJason and Brett Oppenheim confirm filming for Selling Sunset season 4 has been delayed (Picture: ITV)Fans hoping for a fourth season of Selling Sunset to drop may be waiting a little longer, as the Oppenheim brothers have confirmed filming has been delayed due to coronavirus.
Even our favourite realtors couldn’t escape the wrath of the pandemic, with Jason and Brett revealing on Good Morning Britain on Thursday morning that coronavirus has made it difficult for production to go ahead.
- Jessica Szohr is pregnant with her first child, with boyfriend Brad Richardson (Picture: FilmMagic)Jessica Szohr is pregnant with her first child, with boyfriend Brad Richardson.The Gossip Girl star, 35, showed off her baby bump as she confirmed the news on Instagram.Taking to social media, she blessed us all with an adorable snap of the hockey player, 35, getting a closer look at her stomach.Alongside the black-and-white upload, she simply penned: ‘Full of joy!’Right on cue, fans fl
- The country would be split into three categories depending on the rate of infection in the area with the aim of having a more consistent approach throughout the country
When it comes to health and beauty products, recycling can be baffling. What do you do with leftover lipsticks or mascara?The sad truth is that because most people have no idea, they just opt to throw it in the general waste bin.So to help reduce the amount of beauty product packaging going to landfill, Boots is introducing a new scheme in stores.From today, you’ll be able to scan
- Travis Fimmel says latest project Raised By Wolves is basically Vikings (Picture: History / Backgrid)Travis Fimmel has compared his latest project Raised By Wolves to the History Channel hit, Vikings, where he played the iconic character Ragnar Lothbrok.
The star is known for his portrayal of the Nordic king, however, since leaving the show in its fourth season, he has since turned his attention to the Ridley Scott seires where he plays the soldier, Marcus.
Talking to Backstage’s on-camera
- Bronson, the Staffordshire bull terrier, was destroyed by a firearms officer after he refused to leave owner Jonathan Halstead's side or let anyone near him to offer medical assistance
- Spoken word poet Brandon Leake has been crowned the winner of America’s Got Talent 2020. Brandon, 27, took home a $1million prize and a headline show in Las Vegas as part of the intense finale in possibly one of the weirdest seasons to date of the competition. After endless production delays thanks to coronavirus, a twist in the format as a result, and a judging line-up shake-up after Simon Cowell broke his back, the finalists were finally able to perform for the final time on We
- An employee wearing PPE serves a customer at a Greggs bakery in London on June 18 (Picture: AFP)Pastry production was put on hold at a Greggs factory in Newcastle on Wednesday after an outbreak of coronavirus among staff.A ‘small number’ of the 300 workers at the factory have tested positive, a spokesperson confirmed.They added that the company is working with local public health authorities to minimise the impact on the local area.To the great relief of customers across the UK, the
- Covid-19 test and trace app won’t work on older iPhones (Getty)The NHS has launched its coronavirus Test and Trace app across the UK today after months of delays and technical issues.But it seems the Covid-19 app doesn’t work on older iPhones.This leaves thousands of Brits across the country unable to download and use the app and help contribute to the efforts to beat Covid.Anyone using an older iPhone will receive an error message saying that iOS 13.5 or later is required to run the
- Experts have warned the UK will face 'hefty tax rises' by the middle of the decade to pay for the coronavirus crisis as Rishi Sunak today unveils Winter Economy Plan.
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is tipped to be granted a special exemption from the Queensland government so he can commence filming of his latest movie Young Rock in October.
- Police cordons in the woodland area where a three-year-old girl was abducted and sexually assaulted (Picture: Island Echo)A man has been charged with the rape of a three-year-old-girl who was attached at a country park on the Isle of Wight.The child was assaulted at Fort Victoria Country Park, near Yarmouth, shortly after 3pm on August 31 – Bank Holiday Monday.Graham Medway, 62, from the Freshwater area, has been charged with rape of a child under the age of 13, Hampshire Police said.He wa
Kate Ferdinand ‘really struggled’ with changing body during early pregnancy: ‘I’m a little bit insecure’Kate and Rio Ferdinand are expecting their first child together (Picture: ITV, Rex, @xkateferdinand)Kate Ferdinand has opened up about her struggles during the early stages of her pregnancy, and admits she’s felt ‘insecure’ about her changing body. The former Towie star is expecting her first biological child with husband Rio Ferdinand and announced they were having a baby boy earlier this month. While the married couple are elated at the impending arrival of their fi
- From today businesses such as pubs, restaurants, takeaways and cafes must shut at 10pm, but there are exceptions for some venues and shops, the government has announced
Jack Osbourne says two of his daughters have coronavirus in home ‘outbreak’ as mum Sharon Osbourne goes into quarantineJack Osbourne says two of his three daughters have coronavirus after an ‘outbreak’ at home (Picture: Instagram)Jack Osbourne described how two of his three daughters caught coronavirus after sharing a drink with someone who works for him.Daughter Minnie Theodora, two, and one of her sisters Pearl Clementine, eight, and Andy Rose, five, had the virus, and the reality TV star described one of them having ‘a little bit of a runny nose and a fever’.He shares all three childre
- Three families in City of Subiaco, 4km west of Perth's CBD, have a swing set up for their children outside one of their homes that the council has demanded be taken down.
- The NHS Covid-19 test and trace app launched today (Picture: Leon Neal/Getty Images)The long-awaited NHS Covid-19 test and trace app launched today, after many delays.The app could be a useful tool to quickly get people to self-isolate and limit the spread of the virus.It aims to alert people when they have been near someone who has tested positive for coronavirus, allow people to check their symptoms, try to book a test and ‘check-in’ to places they visit using a QR code system.Here
- The hospitality industry ‘hangs in the balance’ after the prime minister announced a 10pm curfew and ‘table service only’ rule (Picture: PA/AFP via Getty Images)Up to 540,000 hospitality workers could lose their jobs as the industry ‘teeters on the edge’ after a new coronavirus crackdown, according to a new report.One in four hospitality business owners believe they could fail by the end of the year, after Boris Johnson announced a 10pm curfew for pubs, bars a
- The unsuspecting motorist had parked the car on a riverside road in Norfolk on Sunday - seemingly unaware that high spring tide would soon render the area more suitable for boats than for vehicles.
Coronavirus news live: NHS Covid-19 app launched and autumn budget cancelled as Sunak prepares to launch ‘furlough 2.0’The 10pm curfew is now in place in hospitality venues across the country (Picture:Dan Kitwood/Getty Images)A further 6,178 coronavirus cases have been recorded in the UK bringing the total number of infections – as of Wednesday – to 409,729.Meanwhile, the new NHS Covid-19 app has finally launched, following months of delay and questions over its effectiveness.
The latest version, which is available to download from this morning, will use Bluetooth technology to monitor contacts and a
- The farce that has become Victoria's toothless inquiry into the state's disastrous COVID-19 hotel quarantine fiasco will end with Premier Daniel Andrews on Friday.
- Meghan Markle made a surprise appearance on the season finale of America's Got Talent, to send a video message to singer Archie Williams, 59.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!