- via theguardian.comAustralian actor booked to oversee March ceremony as Baftas hopes to return to ‘in person’ event with audienceRebel Wilson will host the 2022 Bafta film awards, it has been announced.The Australian actor, who has appeared in hits including Bridesmaids, Pitch Perfect and Jojo Rabbit, will take charge of the event at the Royal Albert Hall on 13 March after impressing organisers with comedy bits at previous ceremonies. Continue reading...
- Poor guy (Picture: Newcastle Dog & Cat Shelter)Poor Scruffy the kitten was covered in grime when he was handed in to the shelter.He was found on a rubbish truck by the driver, who thankfully spotted him before he got hurt in the vehicle.
Named Scruffy by the team at Newcastle Cat and Dog Sanctuary, the little guy was given a good clean to properly reveal his adorable black and white fur.A spokesman for the sanctuary said: ‘We first met Scruffy after he decided to take a ride in a garba
- Kim’s latest pics are giving us proper holiday envy (Picture: Rodin Eckenroth/WireImage)There are two things we need to get to the bottom of: how on Earth does Kim Kardashian get away with looking this, frankly, offensive in a bikini, and secondly, is that Pete Davidson’s introduction to her Instagram?The reality star and Skims mogul has given us all sorts of holiday envy as she shared what appeared to be throwback shots from her recent trip to the Bahamas alongside Saturday Night Li
- Chloe Mairead has not let her conditions hold her back (Picture: PA Real Life)A woman with ADHD and autism who sees her conditions as a ‘superpower, not a disadvantage’ has become fluent in nine languages and is now teaching full-time. Chloe-Mairead Donnelly, 23, struggled to pay attention in her classes. As a child this behaviour was thought of as ‘naughtiness’ and put her on the receiving end of upsetting insults.However, her experience made her determined to help
- David Saunders had been drinking lager and had taken painkillers (Picture: SWNS / CPS /PA Wire)A booze-fuelled ex-solider crashed his car into a wooden fence, waved a knife while pretending to be a policeman, then got naked.David Saunders, 37, narrowly missed hitting a family as he drove into a traffic island at high speed in Ashford, Kent. He told them: ‘The fence got in my way.’As a witness called 999, he tried to grab his phone and claimed he was an undercover cop.When pedestrian
- When I received a letter at the end of November last year, with the words ‘On Her Majesty’s Service’, ‘strictly confidential’, and the ‘Cabinet Office’, for a split second, I thought ‘have I done something wrong without realising? Am I going to be deported?’However, the letter was to inform me that I was being appointed an MBE for my services during the pandemic.In all honesty, I cannot decide which of those things I thought were more li
- Making an appearance on Martin Luther King Day at Madison Square Garden, Mayor Adams spoke to the resident fans before the game between the Knicks and the Charlotte Hornets began.
- Jennette Arnold OBE, 72, has revealed that her hilarious shuffle with the Conservative leader was part of a long-running attempt to bring London Assembly members from all sides together.
- Boris Johnson is drawing up plans to ditch all Covid laws from as early as March as the under-fire PM tries to win over his backbenchers, a senior Government source claimed today.
- ‘I feel like it’s a waste, if I’m not going to have them’ (Picture: Mercury Press)A young woman who is passionate about helping women who are unable to have children, has donated her eggs to infertile strangers.
Emma Winstanley from Chester, Cheshire, grew up hearing stories about family members and older friends who struggled to conceive and experienced multiple miscarriages.The 22-year-old decided she wanted to do something to help. Having been surrounded by so much hea
- The Australian Open 2022 is underway (Picture: Scott Barbour/Getty Images)All eyes are down under as the Australian Open 2022 gets underway, with the final taking place on Sunday, January 30.Many have high hopes for Britain’s 19-year-old Emma Radacanu, who became the first-ever qualifier to win a Grand Slam last year.It may have just begun, but the Grand Slam tennis tournament of the year has already made headlines around the world as a result of Novak Djokovic’s visa saga.But how ca
- Quieten that nasty inner voice (Picture: Getty/Metro.co.uk)Ever noticed your inner monologue can be a bit, well, nasty?
That little voice in your head berates your every move and holds impossible standards – then criticises you oh-so harshly when you don’t meet these unreasonable goals.
You’d never talk to a friend that way – so why do you do it to yourself?
And more importantly, how can we all tell that inner critic to just. shut. up?
Confidence coach Julia Paulette Holl
- Bev Rimes and Hayley Russell, both 34, became friends at work and quickly became very close - and after finding out they were pregnant at the same time, they became even closer
- The disgraced former health secretary had a chilly start to the morning (Picture: Eyevine)Matt Hancock embraced being out in the cold as he took a dip in Hyde Park’s Serpentine lake this morning.
The disgraced former health secretary stripped off into his shorts and took the plunge after other swimmers had broken a thin layer of ice on the surface.
Before his swim, the 43-year-old Tory MP had been jogging in the foggy central London park with members of the Parliamentary Running Club.
Love Island star Faye Winter was left fuming after thieves broke into boyfriend Teddy Soares’ car and stole her brand new camera and shoes. The 26-year-old reality star explained how the couple were initially unaware anything had been taken, but Teddy, also 26, eventually realised ‘something was off’ after getting into his car. Detailing the incident in her In
A rare calf born with an extra eye in the middle of its forehead has been hailed as a reincarnation of the Hindu God, Shiva.Praised as a miracle, the calf – which also has four nostrils – was born on a farm in the village of Rajnand, Chhattisgarh in India.Locals have flocked to the farmer’s home to worship it.
Amazingly, despite the deformity, the calf has bee
- Malik Faisal Akram, 44, from Blackburn, Lancashire, told US Immigration officers he was checking in at an address on Queen's Boulevard, New York, but never turned up.
- Mr Atkins, 47, revealed his colourful background after making a surprise appearance as the presenter of BBC Radio 6 Music's Desert Island Disco All-Dayer.
- Rogue traders Kyle Muir, 26, and Reece Lloyd, 30, left nurse Vicki Mileham, from Belton, near Great Yarmouth, with a deathtrap extension so unsafe that building inspectors told her to tear it down.
- The huge shark was spotted on Peregian Beach, Australia and showed no signs of injury or teeth marks leaving experts scratching their heads about how it had died
- Polly will still be felt in the show (Picture: BBC)Peaky Blinders creator Steven Knight has spoken about the late Helen McCrory, revealing that her character Aunt Polly will be a presence in the upcoming sixth season.The esteemed actress died in April at the age of 52 following a private battle with cancer. Cillian Murphy previously revealed the entire Peaky Blinders cast was ‘desperately sad’ to film the show’s final season without the actress – and now Steven has s
Peaky Blinders creator Steven Knight hopes season 6 will be a ‘testament’ to the great Helen McCroryPolly will still be felt in the show (Picture: BBC)Peaky Blinders creator Steven Knight has spoken about the late Helen McCrory, revealing that her character Aunt Polly will be a presence in the upcoming sixth season.The esteemed actress died in April at the age of 52 following a private battle with cancer. Cillian Murphy previously revealed the entire Peaky Blinders cast was ‘desperately sad’ to film the show’s final season without the actress – and now Steven has s
- Atom Bank said cutting the working week last November mean its employees 'look forward to work each day' and helps them maintain a healthier work/life balance
- Students at the University of St Andrews, which ranked top of the Sunday Times University Guide this year, have claimed to have experienced a spate of drink spikings at school events including balls.
- Failure to comply could cost influencers as much as €300,000 (£251,058) from February 17. (Credits: Reuters)Spain is the latest country to impose strict rules on crypto advertising, including tough fines for influencers who fail to comply.The National Securities Market Commission (CNMV) of Spain is establishing rules on how influencers, crypto companies and marketing firms promote the digital currencies.
According to the new rules, any influencer or organisation with over 100,000
- Science minister George Freeman (L) and health minister Maria Caulfield (R) broke ranks to criticise Boris Johnson (Picture: PAwire/Getty/Rex)Rebel Tories are said to have launched an operation to oust Boris Johnson after it was reported he is planning to sack officials in order to save himself over the Downing Street parties scandal.
While Downing Street insiders have reportedly devised a plan for the prime minister to keep his job, referred to as ‘Operation Save Big Dog’, some Cons
- The Aussie says he now has ‘a bit of a bromance’ with the world number one (Pictures: Getty)Nick Kyrgios has teased the possibility of playing a doubles match with Novak Djokovic after the two tennis stars bonded following the decision to cancel the world number one’s Australian visa.Djokovic lost his appeal to stay in the country after Immigration Minister Alex Hawke revoked it for a second time on ‘health and good order grounds’, claiming the Serb’s continue
- Daniel Boulton, 30, is on trial accused of murdering his former girlfriend Bethany Vincent and nine-year-old Darren Henson in Louth, Lincolnshire - he today admitted to charges of manslaughter on the second day of his trial
- Uziel Martínez from Mexico said in a series of TikToks that his girlfriend abandoned him less than a month after he selflessly donated her his kidney
- The Prime Minister’s official spokesman said he “abides by” the Ministerial Code, but left a massive get-out clause for him to refuse to quit over Downing Street parties
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!