Queen and Freddie Mercury fans remember charismatic star on 31st anniversary of his death: ‘No one will ever compare to you’Fans are honouring their favourite rock star (Picture: Graham Wiltshire/Getty Images)Freddie Mercury’s fans and former bandmates are remembering the Queen star on the 31st anniversary of his death.The flamboyant and charismatic frontman died aged 45 on November 24, 1991, after suffering with bronchial pneumonia resulting from Aids.Mercury – a writer and performer of much-loved anthems including We Are The Champions and Bohemian Rhapsody – revealed he was HIV positive the day be
- Freezing food can help preserve it at its best for Christmas. (Picture: Getty)With the rising cost of living, this year’s festive season will involve a lot more budgeting for some households than previous.Rising inflation has seen the cost of many goods and services increase steeply in 2022, with the ONS reporting significant rises in the prices of domestic energy and food and non-alcoholic beverage prices in October.Fortunately, there are some money-saving strategies that you can use to h
- You could go through Hogwarts over 14,000 times in that number of hours, apparently (Picture: PA)Harry Potter fans have listened to the audiobooks of the fantasy series for more than one billion hours on Audible, it has been announced.The audio versions of the books, written by JK Rowling, were first made available on the platform seven years ago, with Stephen Fry famously narrating the UK editions and Jim Dale the US editions.Pottermore Publishing said the milestone had been hit as it celebrate
TalkTV star James Whale says he’s dying of terminal cancer in heartbreaking speech: ‘This time next year I won’t be here’James Whale has battled cancer for more than 20 years (Picture: BDC Images / BACKGRID)TalkTV host James Whale has opened up about living with terminal cancer.The presenter, who has cancer of the brain, spine, kidney, and lungs, gave a heartbreaking speech at the Curry Awards, saying: ‘I know a lot of you won’t like me, but this time next year I won’t be here. I have terminal cancer.’He reflected on his experience with chemotherapy, saying: ‘As you might be able to h
- Paedophile David Williams, 83, was jailed for 16 years after his victims bravely came forward (Picture: BPM)A respected teacher and ‘pillar’ of his community was actually a predatory paedophile whose abuse devastated the lives of two boys.David Williams, 83, used his position and standing to sexually abuse his victims hundreds of times over the course of a decade.Prosecutor Lee Bremridge told the court how he befriended the boys’ parents who let them stay over at his house.Will
- Property hunters will be dazzled after £2million was dropped off the asking price of a manor house in South Wales with a neo-Grecian temple and 75 acres of peacock-dotted land.
Ellie Taylor has ruled out a return to the dancefloor after being eliminated from Strictly Come Dancing.The comedian and Ted Lasso star and her partner Johannes Radebe became the latest pair to be eliminated from the series on Sunday night after facing Fleur East in the dance-off.When appearing on Lorraine on Tuesday morning, Ellie was asked about whether or not she would continue dancin
'Dream' job as warden on tiny deserted island of Flat Holm between England and Wales is up for grabsThe 86-acre island is five miles out to sea in the middle of the Bristol Channel between England and Wales. The island is the most southerly point in Wales and is seeking a new warden.
- Video footage shared online shows Mercedes, Audis, Range Rovers and Porsche 4x4s bringing traffic around Westminster to a standstill as Metropolitan Police officers attempt to move them on.
- PC Sam Helena was suspended from the Met Police and later quit the force after launching an OnlyFans page and sharing semi naked images of herself while flaunting her role as an officer
- Bristol is the latest city to introduce an emissions tax on those driving older petrol and diesel cars in the city centre’s new Clean Air Zone - they’ll now have to pay £9 to enter
- Kearne Solanke and Charlie Bartolo were both stabbed to death in two linked murders and their bodies were found just over a mile apart on Saturday evening in Greenwich, South East London
- Experts said widening the £12.50 charge to the whole of Greater London risked pricing out hundreds of thousands of low-paid care workers and NHS staff from the capital.
- Dean Finch (R) fell to the floor during his grandson’s footy-themed birthday party (Picture: Lois Finch / SWNS)A granddad jokingly told his family to ‘get the defibrillator ready for me’ moments before suffering a heart attack on his grandson’s birthday.Dean Finch, 65, collapsed during a kickabout with grandson Zac on his seventh birthday as he foamed at the mouth and went into cardiac arrest in Doncaster.
He fell to the floor at the Goals football complex after taking pa
- Gareth Southgate has some big decisions to make ahead of England’s World Cup clash against Wales (Picture: Getty)Former England goalkeeper David James has urged Gareth Southgate to drop Mason Mount and Raheem Sterling against Wales this evening.The Three Lions boss has named the same starting XI for both of England’s World Cup matches in Qatar so far but is set to ring the changes this evening.Southgate’s side need only to avoid a 4-0 defeat to ensure they qualify for the knock
Home seller looking for buyers who ‘appreciate creative celebration, God, culture oneness and uniqueness’Is it worth the hype? (Picture: Rightmove)Consider yourself ‘special’ and ‘unique’? Well, you might have found your dream home.A ‘very unique home’ has hit the market in Bristol, with the owner looking to sell to a very specific type of person.
The listing – written by the owner themselves – says that the property is: ‘hyper-personalized for unique and special individuals who appreciate creative celebration, God, culture oneness and uniquenes
- Russia surrendered Kherson more than two weeks ago, but as investigators move in they have discovered a number of rooms seemingly used to torture members of the Ukrainian population
- In the final episode of the season of her Spotify podcast Archetypes, Meghan Markle reveals that husband Prince Harry suggested a change to the other 11 episodes of the show
- The family of Sarm Heslop, 41, who went missing in Saint John, Caribbean, last year are hoping for a breakthrough as her mum has questioned why the boyfriend "isn't talking"
- Darren Jamieson was able to track down the culprit behind a fake Facebook profile used to bully his son and it led to him reconnecting with his three kids after five years apart
- Fancy weeing on a microchip? It could save your life (Picture: Shutterstock/xfilephotos)Microchips could be installed in urinals to spy on your wee, a minister has suggested.It might sound bizarre, but it could ease pressure on the NHS by identifying potential diseases in people’s urine.Health secretary Steve Barclay compared the toilet plan to sharing information on Facebook or Instagram.Speaking at the Spectator Health conference, he said: ‘I think if patients want to be able to ge
- TalkTV and talkRADIO presenter James Whale gave a heartbreaking speech on Monday night in which he detailed having terminal cancer.
- Kieran Trippier’s performances have been criticised (Picture: Getty)England defender Kieran Trippier admits his side have been struggling with the ‘lighter’ World Cup ball in Qatar.The Newcastle United star has started both of England’s two group stage matches in the middle-east but he’s struggled to replicate his form for the Magpies with the Three Lions.
While the conditions in Qatar and the nature of the tournament being played in mid-season have been used as rea
- There are plenty of financial changes happening in December to note down in your diary, including more cost of living help, energy rebates - plus a potential change to your benefit payments
- Jo is looking forward for her home alterations to start in January 2023 (Picture: PA Real Life/Skyhigh Skydiving/Blake Johnston)An inspirational mum who had both legs amputated has taken on tandem skydive.Jo Spencer, 55, from County Durham, was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at the age of seven. In May 2020, a blood clot in her main aorta artery caused the toes on her left foot to turn black and blue.‘As soon as I saw my left foot there was a part of me that knew I was going to l
- Where can you give Christmas gifts to those who need them? (Picture: Getty)Across the UK, many of us will be looking forward to Christmas Day.December 25 can promise time off work, a roast dinner complete with festive trimmings, sweets and treats to enjoy while watching a Christmas flick – and plenty of presents under the twinkling tree.Christmas isn’t quite so magical for everyone, though – and surely this year in particular, donating toys and Christmas gifts to those who need
- The hip-hop star, who has been airing a series of vile anti-Semitic remarks in a bizarre 2024 presidential campaign tour, was hosted at Trump's Florida estate alongside white nationalist Nick Fuentes last week.
- Samantha Paisley (pictured left), 36, of Telford, Shropshire, was arrested with two others after one of the boy's schools raised concerns for their welfare in May 2018.
- The Welsh leek has been awarded Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) status by the Welsh government. Growers wanted the humble leek to be awarded this to boost demand and reputation.
- President Zelensky, speaking overnight, said Russia struck Kherson and the surrounding towns 258 times last week with 21 more strikes reported Monday - mostly targeting civilian infrastructure.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!