- A new format has been announced for the 2022 Cazoo Premier League season (Picture: Getty)The Cazoo Premier League have announced an entirely new format and a major revamp for the 2022 season of darts, with eight players set to compete in 16 mini-events ahead of the play-offs to determine the ultimate champion.The tournament began with just seven players upon its introduction back in 2005, before it was increased to eight and subsequently ten competitors.Challengers have been introduced in recent
- The 'non-crete' posts are designed to be an eco version of the traditional barriers, the manufacture of which produces large amounts of CO2. The new posts are made from sugar cane.
- Citizens Advice said two post offices a week were closed in the past two years and means vulnerable people will be left without access to vital services like utility bills payment.
- Robins, wrens and sparrows are hit hard by freezing temperatures but experts believe they will be seen in large numbers during the Big Garden Birdwatch.
- Shocked police pulled over an elderly motorist in Bulwell, Nottingham, who told them he'd been driving without a licence or insurance for 70 years and had somehow never been stopped by officers.
- Chairman of the digital, culture, media and sport committee Julian Knight said the process of appointing a new head at Ofcom had become a 'shambles'.
- Australia's typical capital city house price last year surged into the seven figures after interest rates were cut to a record lows. Some smaller cities are tipped more more strong growth in 2022.
- Bassam Hamzy, one of Australia's most feared prisoners, targeted a young associate of the Alameddine clan as the young man was on a phone call at Silverwater jail.
- Electric scooters could be fitted with speakers that make a 'tuba-like' sound to warn pedestrians amid rising injuries, as researchers work with e-scooter rental firms in Government trials.
- A serial sex offender who was warned by police not to have sex with a child willspend a minimum of just nine months behind bars for raping a teenager.
- The average parent spends 37 minutes a week helping their child with homework - with 61 per cent relying on the internet for answers. 47 per cent of parents find maths the toughest subject.
- The University and College Union (UCU), which represents lecturers, said the strikes will be stopped if universities agree to a sector pay rise and to reverse pension scheme cuts.
- John Beckwith Jr., 79, the director of Golden Gate Funeral Home, said he will fight the allegations of negligence and mishandling of loved ones' bodies in court.
A thief dubbed ‘snake burglar’ for his tactic of slithering on the ground to avoid setting off motion-activated alarms was caught stealing $50,000 in silver – but only on camera.Surveillance footage shows the burglar wriggling on the carpeted floor of Crown Gold Exchange in Riverside, California. He went through items in a back room for five minutes, the store owner Ces
- The Duchess of Cambridge is taking over the role as patron of English rugby union from Prince Harry it is reported and she is the first royal to be given one of his patronages
- A cellphone camera captured the moment a pair of brazen thieves ambushed a Los Angeles driver (inset) and made off with his Rolex. The thieves remained on the loose Thursday
- The funny man was a stalwart on BBC Radio 4's popular panel game 'I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue', first featuring as a host in 1972 and then as a panelist for almost 50 years.
- Harry and Meghan are under under pressure to cut ties with streaming giant Spotify after it embroiled in a row about its partnership with Joe Rogan over anti-vax content on his podcast
- Each year, 39,000 tons of unwanted clothes are thought to be sent from rich countries, including the UK, to the Atacama Desert in Chile, such is our addiction to 'fast fashion'.
- Snapchat still has hundreds of millions of users (Picture: Getty Images)It might have more competition than ever before, but Snapchat remains as popular, with 293 million daily users in 2021, according to Statista.The app has been keeping us entertained since the early 2010s, with the novelty of sending funny or filtered photos to our pals – which disappear seconds after they’ve been viewed – yet to wear off.Of course, things don’t always go as they should on any soc
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus – how will you rate it? (pic: The Pokémon Company)The Friday Inbox celebrates the joys of a good video game magazine, as a reader resolves not to buy any of Atari’s NFTs.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
So I’ve had Pokémon Legends: Arceus since Wednesday now, since my pal works at a shop that had them in already and sold it to me early, which I think is how the other leaks happe
- Cocker spaniel Leo has learned how to perform life-saving CPR by jumping up and down on a resuscitation dummy's chest with his paws.
- Regina Kaye Arthurell, 75, was arrested on Friday by police in Campbelltown, Sydney after a man, 55, reported several incidents of sexual touching last week.
- Channel Seven reporter Denham Hitchcock has tested positive to Covid about five months after famously having a reaction to the Pfizer jab.
- A man was stopped by two NYPD officers as he tried to shoplift from a Marshall's store in Queens, New York. Officers struggled with Franklin Nunez, 45, who was later arrested.
- Biden spoke on the phone with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky about the possibility of an invasion by Russia as the US Department of Defense issued the chilling warning
- With almost six million people on its waiting list for routine treatments, the NHS is under pressure as never before.
- Carrie Bickmore has opened up on her fiery clash with Peter Van Onselen after he criticised Grace Tame and her icy reception of the prime minister on Tuesday.
- Powerful 2GB radio host Ray Hadley has attacked fallen star Andrew O'Keefe as a 'low-life grub', recalling when O'Keefe attacked him on social media after Hadley briefly faced an AVO in 2014.
- Jonathan Chew began singing a football song after he was jailed for attacking Sir Chris Whitty in a London park in June last year and recording the incident that was shared on social media
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!