- Lebanese businessman Omar Harfouch is helping French prosecutors who are investigating claims of rape and sexual abuse against former Elite agency boss Gérald Marie in the 1980s and 1990s.
- The team of academics and students at Cambridge's Churchill College decided to disband the group after heavy pressure to cancel a series of its events, it is understood.
- A fast rise in UK Covid cases caused by the'Delta' variant means that the balance of risk may now lean towards getting vaccinated as soon as possible rather than waiting for a specific jab.
- Highly-paid workers who live abroad will pay their income tax in their country of residence rather than to HMRC. It may reduce the public purse by a sixth, adding to the economic crisis facing the UK.
England v Scotland: WWE’s Wade Barrett slams Drew McIntyre for being let-down as UK’s first ever WWE championThey’ve turned up the heat (Pictures: WWE)England take on Scotland in the Euros tonight – and the action is sparking some tension in the world of WWE.Preston-born Wade Barrett – who returned to the company last year as a commentator on the NXT brand – has taken aim at proud Scotsman Drew McIntyre and suggested he’s a let down as the UK’s first ever WWE Champion.Speaking before the Euro 2020 clash tonight, Wade picked the Three Lions to win 5-0, and said: &lsqu
- A study of 1,000 dads by Craft Gin Club found dads divided about how their gin and tonic should be prepared - while 66 per cent say they prefer preparing their own
Loki episode 2: Has Marvel series writer confirmed Lady Loki’s debut amid Sylvie Enchantress rumours?There is some debate over whether Sophia is playing Lady Loki (Picture: Marvel Studios/Disney Plus)Warning: spoilers ahead for episode 2 of Loki.In the final few moments of Loki episode 2, the Marvel Disney Plus series confirmed the arrival of Lady Loki (Sophia Di Martino), a female version of Tom Hiddleston’s God of Mischief.Or did it?While many fans scrambled to share their excitement over the arrival of Lady Loki in the MCU following months of rumours, some voiced their opinion that the
- Democratic campaigners for voting reform are falling into line behind Sen. Joe Manchin proposed compromise, setting up a clash with Republicans.
- Courtney Slater and her boyfriend had arranged to sell some sunglasses on the social media and had travelled to Gorton, Manchester, on Thursday to complete the deal when they were ambushed
Olivia Rodrigo scores longest-reigning number one rock single in nearly 20 years – and Maneskin gives the genre a chart moment tooRock is back in the UK singles chart with Olivia Rodrigo leading the way and Maneskin in support (Picture: Getty)It appears we are witnessing the rebirth of rock on the UK singles chart, as Olivia Rodrigo’s Good 4 U is now the longest-reigning number one rock single in 18 years, claiming a fourth week at the top.With more than double the chart sales of its closest competitor – The Weeknd’s Save Your Tears – Good 4 U’s 9.8million UK streams this week have helpe
- The Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton launched The Royal Foundation Centre for Early Childhood at the London School of Economics today in a bid to help create a 'happier, healthier world'
- EXCLUSIVE: Railey Diesel, 31, is looking forward to leaving her Airbnb after a neighbour interrupted one of her saucy scenes to complain about some unusual noises coming from her home
- It was a little before 6am on May 11 when police sirens broke the early-morning calm in Glyka Nera, an upmarket suburb of Athens - cars racing to the scene of a reported break-in.
- Yasin Hafid is using his standing in the community to link young people with employers (Picture: Yasin Hafid/#PickaTradeNotaBlade)A former homeless teenager who turned his life around is creating job opportunities to help young people escape drugs, gangs and knives.Yasin Hafid says the streets of London are ‘the worst they’ve ever been’, with a tide of gun and knife killings claiming the lives of two close friends.The barber has founded a scheme named Pick a Trade Not a Blade a
- Nine people went tubing in the Dan River and went over an 8-foot dam (Pictures: AP)Three people have died, four were rescued and two remain missing after the group went tubing in a North Carolina river and went over an eight-foot dam.Search efforts resumed on Friday morning for the two tubers who are unaccounted for from the accident on Wednesday in the Dan River. Rescue crews found a 14-year-old boy, his uncle and two cousins on Thursday afternoon and all of them were transported to a hospital
Andrew Lloyd Webber rejects Boris Johnson’s offer of ‘unequal’ Cinderella live events trial: ‘An afterthought and undervalued’Andrew Lloyd Webber will be opening Cinderella in line with the government’s 50% capacity rule (Picture: Getty/Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Cinderella)Andrew Lloyd Webber has rejected Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s offer for his musical Cinderella to be included in a pilot scheme for live events, despite talks of an exemption after the production was name-checked during Monday’s Downing Street briefing.Earlier this week, Mr Johnson said he was in talks with Andrew about includin
- Samsung KX commissioned research as it unveils a slow fashion catwalk in collaboration with renowned sustainable fashion expert, Patrick McDowell, forming part of Graduate Fashion Week
- Kieran Tierney has been one of Arsenal’s most impressive performers since the appointment of Mike Arteta (Picture: Getty)Kieran Tierney is ready to commit his long-term future to Arsenal and sign new five-year contract.The Scotland international has been one of the shining lights since Mikel Arteta’s appointment 18 months ago, impressing with his attitude and commitment as much as his performance on the pitch.
According to Football.London, despite Arsenal facing up to the prospect of
- Republican and Democrat Senators are demanding to know when the travel mask mandate will finally be lifted. Fully vaccinated Americans are already safe to remove masks in crowded outdoor hubs.
Jessie J broke down in tears in an emotional video as she opened up with fans about her battle with Meniere’s disease.The singer confirmed last December she had been diagnosed with the condition after she spent Christmas Eve in hospital when she went ‘completely deaf’ in one ear. Now Jessie has given her followers an insight into her health struggles over the pas
- Manchester United’s new home kit for the 2021/22 season has not gone down well with Gary Neville (Picture: Getty)Gary Neville has was far from impressed after leaked images of what appears to be Manchester United’s new home kit were leaked on Friday.
The shirt features the club’s new sponsor, TeamViewer, who replaced Chevrolet after the German-based technology company agreed a five-year deal worth £235million.
Neville, however, gave a scathing verdict of kit manufacturer
- Many Scottish fans have headed to London for the game tonight (Picture: Stefan Rousseau/PA Wire)England face Scotland tonight in what is one of the most highly anticipated games of the UEFA Euro 2020 tournament.
The game is kicking off at Wembley Stadium from 8pm, with the old rivals battling it out to see who can move closer to the knockout stages of the tournament.
If England beat Scotland, they will secure their spot in the round of 16, having already defeated Croatia in their first game.
- Steven Partington, 44, was caught on CCTV loitering in a blind spot behind the woman's white Astra on a road in Nottingham before opening the back door and climbing in.
- Paul Ritchie, 34, from Lanarkshire, bombarded MPs including Jeremy Corbyn, Rory Stewart and John Bercow with a string of 'vile' emails including death threats over a six-month period.
- The DoJ has identified one of the men who features prominently in the video as Thomas Webster, who is facing seven charges for his involvement in the Capitol riots on January 6.
- Conservative MP for Wakefield Imran Ahmad Khan, 47, is facing trial accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old boy in 2008.
- Christine Ainsworth-Wells tried out a Beryl hire e-scooter in Bournemouth, Dorset, only to crash on the seafront promenade suffering a suspected broken wrist and a fractured eye socket.
- The Government is discussing a proposal to exempt 2,500 designated VIPs including Uefa and Fifa officials, politicians, and sponsors from having to self-isolate on arrival into England.
- Christian Eriksen had to be resuscitated after collapsing in Denmark’s clash with Finland (AFP/EPA/Reuters)Christian Eriksen has visited his Denmark teammates and coaching staff after being discharged from hospital.A statement from Denmark’s FA read: ‘Christian Eriksen has been through a successful operation and was today discharged from Rigshospitalet.‘Today he also visited the national team in Helsingor – and from there he will go home and spend time with his fami
- The brutal men, Albert (pictured) and Thomas Billingham, who were aged 22 and 19 respectively, were sentenced in 1875 to five years hard labour for beating and stabbing a park warden.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!