- via theguardian.comThe Guardian’s picture editors select photo highlights from around the world Continue reading...
- Maressa Innerarity was fined for her involvement in the event (Picture: Central News)Former BBC Radio 1Xtra DJ Maressa Innerarity has been fined for her involvement in a rave attended by 200 people during a lockdown. The DJ, who also goes by the name Carmen London, was not the organiser of the event which was held in a warehouse in November 2020, days after a lockdown was announced, but arrived with her own sound system. Prosecutor Nathan Paine-Davey told the court that this was enough
- Dr Louise Newson, 51, has helped thousands of women and a host of stars through the menopause. Broadcaster Lorraine Kelly has described her as a 'miracle worker'
- Ellie Horne, 22, from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, fears she will lose the chance to have partner Myles' children after she was blocked from using his semen.
Justin Timberlake to make ‘surprise’ cameo in Janet Jackson’s documentary after grovelling apology for Super Bowl fiascoJustin is expected to address the infamous Suepr Bowl nipple-gate (Picture: Getty)Justin Timberlake could be set to reunite with Janet Jackson in her upcoming documentary following the Super Bowl controversy. The Rhythm Nation singer will debut her Sky Documentaries film exploring her childhood, rise to fame, marriages and all the controversies she has endured over the years. One episode is expected to focus on the NFL Super Bowl halftime show fiasco in 2004, which saw Janet suffer a w
- Neighbours said the elderly gentleman lived in a home with a 15-year-old water leak and had so many belongings they broke down his fence and spilled into other's properties
- A Canadian man has shared photographs of two very foreboding-looking ice figures he spotted outside his lakehouse, and it's absolutely not the sort of thing you'd want to encounter on a dark, lonely night.
- An anonymous person has shared their confusion after their partner confessed they would leave them if they were to ever alter their natural looks with botox or teeth whitening
- Bleak guidance for DWP staff, leaked to the Mirror, told workers to bring 'your own personal mini-buffet' on a birthday - in what a Jobcentre worker branded 'a kick in the teeth'
- Justice Stephen Breyer will step down from the Supreme Court at the end of the current term, NBC News reported on Wednesday, citing people familiar with his thinking.
- Katie Ormerod is preparing for the Winter Olympics with sessions in a freezer at Aldi, alongside ready meals and pizza. She will compete in temperatures of minus 6C in Beijing
‘Every indication’ Putin plans to use ‘military force’ against Ukraine by mid-February: US Deputy Secretary of StateThere is ‘every indication’ that Russia will launch an attack on Ukraine, it’s just a matter of when(Pictures: EPA/Getty)While US officials say there is ‘every indication’ Russian President Vladimir Putin is preparing to launch an attack against Ukraine, some say that an invasion may not take place until after the Winter Olympics.
Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman said on Wednesday that Putin’s planning may be affected by the Winter Games in Beijing, whi
- Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer (right) is reportedly set to step down at the end of the current term (Pictures: Reuters)Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer is reportedly stepping down, which would give President Joe Biden the opportunity to nominate a liberal replacement.Breyer, 83, is retiring at the end of the current term, people with knowledge on the matter told NBC News on Wednesday.
He is the high court’s oldest member and one of three liberal justices.
Breaking story, check b
- Declan Haughney, 40, insists he did not realise his uncle Peader Doyle, 66, was dead at the time (Picture: Facebook/Mirrorpix)The man whose dead body was dragged into a post office by his nephew has been pictured for the first time.Declan Haughney, 40, carried Peader Doyle’s dead body into the shop with his friend Gareth Coakley, as they tried to collect his pension.Haughney insists he did not know his 66-year-old uncle was dead at the time, but has faced a fierce backlash.He was seen with
- Perran Cove is a stunning five-bedroom property which overlooks the world-renowned sailing waters of Helford River in Cornwall and features 1.3 acres of gardens and a private path to a little known beach.
- After a ticking off at her son's school, Eva Simpson knows only too well how out-of-touch guidelines can be. And she applauds the St Albans headteacher who is ripping up the rulebook
- The former boxer said he was left 'speechless' by Germany over their refusal to give substantial military aid and drop their support for the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline.
- The Iranian president touted a closer alliance with Russia in an interview Tuesday, describing how they were trying to 'neutralize' U.S. sanctions with talks about generating up to $10 billion in trade.
- Lia (pictured), 23, and Jill, 42, revealed the 'hell' Matthew Hardy, from Northwich, Cheshire, put them through after creating fake accounts online and bombarding them with messages.
- The thief broke into a vacant storefront next door, used a hammer to break the drywall, and wriggled into Crown Gold Exchange, where he spent five minutes rummaging through the backroom.
- Andrew McDiarmid, 64, who served for 30 years with Merseyside Police, was found with serious injuries at the property in Heswall, Wirral, on Monday, according to his former force.
- One change to the Highway Code known as The Dutch Reach will impact passengers soon. The updated code will be in place from January 29 in a bid to shore up safety on British roads
- Saul Sosa, 32, from Brooklyn, was bundled out of a building by a team of NYPD cops in Borough Park after being arrested for allegedly chasing after people with a machete.
- She doesn’t want to put pressure on anyone in case they ‘don’t turn out to be that good’(Picture: Metro.co.uk/ REX)Dancing On Ice judge Jayne Torvill, 64, on breaking her wrist, the new series and her friendship with Christopher Dean.Ice skating can be a dangerous sport – have you ever injured yourself?I fractured my wrist when I started back training with Chris in September. I’d been skating for less than an hour. It was such a shock – that’s what
Strictly Come Dancing 2021 champion Rose Ayling-Ellis used her social media pages to urge her fans to get behind the Bill to make British Sign Language (BSL) recognised as an official language in England. Rose made history by becoming Strictly’s first-ever Deaf contestant when she took part last year with Giovanni Pernice.The EastEnders star later won the competition and used
- The husband of a former Miss America contestant was slain outside their Montgomery, Alabama, home on Saturday, police say. The fatal shooting happened while the couple's toddler was home
- A man took to TikTok to prove to a fellow New Yorker that his apartment is much smaller than theirs in a video that has been viewed more than 3.2 million times
- Sherry Walker, the co-founder of advocacy group Airline Employees for Health Freedom, spoke out during a protest against vaccine mandates on Sunday in Washington DC.
- Caption: Martin Roberts is actually calling Strictly for a spot in the line-up
Rex/BBCMartin Roberts isn’t even shy to admit he’s been calling Strictly Come Dancing producers desperately asking for a spot on the 2022 line-up.Last month the Homes Under The Hammer presenter was one of the brave stars who stripped completely naked and bared all for ITV’s Strictly The Real Full Monty, raising awareness for cancer charities, inspired by the BBC contest which saw Rose Ayling-Ellis li
- The six-year-old Alaskan Malamute was taken to the vets in Shanxi, northern China by its owner, known as as Ms Xu, where the animal was found to have numerous tumours growing inside its liver.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!