- Prabhal Sharma, 40, allegedly turned up at his wife Poonam's home on Kellaway Crescent in Mill Park, north-east of Melbourne, before 8pm on Thursday evening armed with a knife.
- Education Secretary Nadhim Zahawi (pictured) saying he will personally vet any plans to bring back masks in classrooms is an example of Whitehall seeking to 'micromanage' schools, teachers said.
- Adele announced her residency was postponed a day before it was due to begin (Picture: Twitter)Adele fans have taken to Twitter to share their devastation for those who have spent money to travel to Las Vegas to see her residency after it was cancelled the night before it was due to begin. The singer, 33, took to Twitter on Thursday to inform fans that her Vegas residency would be postponed after delays due to Covid meant it ‘wasn’t ready’. While fans sympathised with
- Detectives and forensic officers swarmed over every corner of the white 1970s-era mobile home with an annex and a cabin on the grounds of the Riviera Ski Gardens at Lower Portland.
Martin Keown questions Mikel Arteta’s decision to ‘risk’ Thomas Partey in Arsenal’s defeat to LiverpoolThomas Partey became the 14th Arsenal player sent off during Mikel Arteta’s reign (Picture: Getty)Martin Keown has questioned Mikel Arteta’s decision to bring on Thomas Partey in Arsenal’s Carabao Cup semi-final defeat to Liverpool, arguing the substitution was ‘too much of a risk’ given the ‘game was gone’.Diogo Jota struck twice to put Liverpool out of sight in the second leg at the Emirates – a week on from the sides’ goalless draw on Mers
- The top US and Russian diplomats met in Geneva as fears of an invasion of Ukraine grow.
- President Biden will seek support from Japanese PM Kishida Fumio for a common response if Russia attacks the Ukraine as the two leaders hold their first formal talks on Friday morning.
- Lisala Folau says he swam for more than a day, clinging to a log at sea, to survive the tsunami.
- Scientists are investigating a new sub-strain of the Omicron variant after it was detected in the UK.
A sister variant of the usual BA.1 type of Omicron has been found in various European countries.
BA.2 shares similarities with BA.1, and they are both considered to be Omicron.
Cases in the UK are low, with just 53 sequences of the sub-lineage identified as of January 10, according to Sky News.
The Health Security Agency has designated BA.2 as a variant under investigation while it undertak
- But Downing Street said it would "carefully" consider any evidence presented about intimidation of MPs.
- University of Bristol researchers found girls carry 13.4lb (6.1kg) more bodyfat at the age of 24 if their maternal great-grandfathers' smoked before the age of 13 than if they didn't.
- An open letter to the homo-hating homeowners who refused to let a gay couple buy their house because it was 'against God's word'
Strictly Come Dancing stars Rose Ayling-Ellis and Giovanni Pernice are simply unstoppable, as the pair were crowned the winners on the first night of the live tour.Just last month, the dancing duo won the Glitterball Trophy on the latest series of the BBC competition, resulting in the EastEnders actor becoming the first ever Deaf victor of the show.Several members of the cast have reunit
- Meat Loaf has passed away aged 74 (Photo: Dave J Hogan/Getty Images)Sometimes, life is stranger than fiction. The time that musician Meat Loaf tried to push Prince Andrew into a moat in an apparent squabble over Sarah Ferguson is surely one of those!
Yep, you read that correctly.
The musician and actor, who died on Thursday at the age of 74, was best known for his hit songs Bat Out Of Hell, and I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That), as well as performances in iconic movies s
- Dr Helen Mott's experience sparked backlash on twitter after she postied about her exchange with the AA, who twice told her they offer no priority to lone women who feel they are vulnerable
- Lifton Parish Council in Devon have contacted residents via letter as part of a consultation process over the street name. The street got its name as it is a sunken and tree-lined dark lane.
- Cannibal murderer Jeremy Rimbaud escaped custody and grabbed the victim on a street in Toulouse, France, leaving her "absolutely terrified", an investigating source said
- Rodney Peasley, 66, called in bomb hoaxes at a health centre and a school used for Covid vaccinations, as well as slashing a marquee used by medics
- Bella Canfield died at the scene after being hit by a car in Salisbury West, northwest of Bendigo, Australia - tributes have described her as incredibly popular and vibrant
- André Leon Talley, a fashion icon and driving and driving force behind Vogue's success, spent his last days secluded at home trying to protect himself from the coronavirus.
- The three ‘classic’ Covid symptoms identified by the NHS are no longer the most common ones, according to the ZOE Covid Study app. Here's what you should be looking out for instead
- Jimmy Savile used the small Highland cottage at Allt-na-Reigh in Glencoe from 1998 until his death. It has been repeatedly vandalised following revelations of the DJ's prolific sex abuse.
- Christopher Hokkanen, 39, was swimming with a family of humpback whales near the water’s surface off the Island of Eua in Tonga and caught the heart-stopping moment with an underwater camera
- Det Insp Neil Corbel is facing jail for covertly recording models with spy cameras in hotel rooms.
- Harris flies to California on Friday where she take an aerial tour of the damage caused by an historically bad wildfire season and announce $1.3 billion in disaster relief funding for the U.S. Forest Service.
- Mother Kylie Patten, 40, whose baby boy was found dead in a freezer, also lost her twin brother when they were just four months old - as forensic detectives descend on her home.
- Steve Giordano was flying the Boeing 767-300 from Tokyo to Blytheville, Arkansas with his colleague Bob Allen when their destination airport was blanketed in heavy cloud.
- Sergei Lavrov denied that Russia is planning to attack Ukraine despitemassing troops on the border, and instead raised 'concerns' about weapons sent tohelp the country defend itself.
- Queensland's new Chief Health Officer, Dr John Gerrard, has revealed his long standing history with infectious diseases from his brother's death in 1968 from influenza to his work with ebola in Africa.
- Amy Jones, from Barnsley, South Yorkshire, denied she was on drugs hours before her daughter died, but said someone on cocaine could care for a baby as it 'makes you more alert'.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!