- The casts of what are believed to have been a rich man and his male slave fleeing the volcanic eruption of Vesuvius nearly 2,000 years ago (Picture: AP)Archaeologists have discovered the remains of two men who died in the volcanic eruption that destroyed the ancient Roman city of Pompeii nearly 2,000 years ago.The bodies are thought to be of a wealthy man and his male slave who were killedas they fled the catastrophic eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD79.The pair, who were lying close together, ar
- Speaking to NBC Nightly News anchor Lester Holt in Wilmington, Delaware on Tuesday, Biden also revealed that he has not spoken to President Donald Trump directly since the election.
- Ms Palaszczuk on Tuesday confirmed her state's border would finally be open to all NSW residents from December 1.
- The then 16-year-old had pinned down his 13-year-old niece, tickled her before raping her. The young girl was left 'bloody, sore and frightened'. Forty years later the man has avoided jail.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – not really the Xbox Series X’s best (pic: Ubisoft)The Wednesday Inbox names Xbox Game Pass as an essential service for lockdown, as one reader asks about the next gen without broadband.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
Since Xbox has no games I’ve been forced to play through my back catalogue when on Xbox Series X. Nobody is really talking about auto HDR but I’ve found it to be a revel
- The body of Adam Harper, 26, was recovered from the wreck of the Joanna C fishing boat in Brixham, Devon, on Monday night.
Rafael da Silva sends message to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after Manchester United beat Istanbul BasaksehirRafael da Silva embraced Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after Manchester United’s win at Old Trafford (Getty)Rafael da Silva has urged Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to ‘keep fighting’ after the Brazilian returned to Old Trafford in Manchester United’s win over Istanbul Basaksehir on Tuesday evening.United sealed a comfortable victory over their Turkish opponents in the Champions League as two goals from Bruno Fernandes, plus a penalty from Marcus Rashford and a late strike from Daniel James
- Champagne aficionados may claim the French brands have a certain je ne sais quoi when it comes to flavour and quality. But in blind taste tests, English sparking wine is coming out on top.
- The Transport Secretary insisted cycle lanes have been 'used brilliantly' in many places but criticised councils causing gridlock with badly designed schemes.
- The heatwave signals the start of summer, with experts warning the hot conditions could be dangerous as Australians are still acclimatising from a cool spring.
- The woman from Bristol said she was approached via email and followed the link she received because it seemed 'legit' - shortly after that, she discovered it was all a scam
- Chelsea and Bryce were out fishingat the Lower Ord River in Western Australia when they decided to set up their drone to see what was lurking ahead.
- Peter Burrrows, from Newport, South Wales, found the potentially harmful ragwort in packet of coriander bought as an ingredient for a Mexican meal with his young son
- Left-wing members of the 'squad' have signed on to a petition demanding Joe Biden not name former aide Bruce Reed as head of the White House budget office.
- Nicki Minaj recalled losing the best new artist award in 2011 (Picture: Getty)Nicki Minaj has hit out at the Grammys after the 2021 nominations were revealed.Beyonce and Taylor Swift are leading the way in the Grammys 2021 nods, with Dua Lipa, Doja Cat, Jhene Aiko, and Megan Thee Stallion also landing multiple nominations.The rapper recalled losing best new artist in 2012 despite, in her words, ‘inspiring a generation’ with her hit singles from albums Pink Friday and Pink Friday: Rom
- The move came as the ADF handed down the results of a damning four-year inquiry which found evidence 25 Australian soldiers unlawfully killed 39 civilians or prisoners from 2009 to 2016.
- Police received reports that a 31-year-old from Toongabbie, in south-west Sydney, had been kidnapped around 5am on Tuesday.
- A new proposal would only allow competitors to enter the athletes village five days before their events start, causing hundreds of athletes to miss the opening ceremony and be booted after their events.
- EXCLUSIVE Lawyers of British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell - charged with grooming and abusing three Jeffrey Epstein victims - claim she is being held in worse conditions than some of the most notorious criminals
- Taxi driver Gary Dissington remembered very little of his eight month battle with Covid, but he did remember his son Gary Junior's regular pep talks encouraging him to 'crack on'
- Gabourey Sidibe and Brandon Frankel are engaged (Picture: Gabby Sidibe/Instagram)Gabourey Sidibe has announced her engagement to Brandon Frankel after he got their cat involved to help pop the question. The actress, 37, shared an adorable video showing off her engagement ring as she told her followers: ‘It’s weird that people think we’re already married but I guess our hearts and intentions for each other are just that clear to see. ‘My BFF proposed and now I ge
- Baga Chipz, Blu Hydrangea and Divina De Campo – aka Frock Destroyers (World of Wonder Records)Frock Destroyers, the girl group formed during the first season of RuPaul’s Drag Race UK, have announced the release of their debut album, which they hope will ‘put smiles on people’s faces’ in the lead-up to the festive season.Last year, viewers were first introduced to Frock Destroyers in the fifth episode of RuPaul’s Drag Race UK, when the band – starring dra
- Olivier Giroud says he is focused on impressing for Chelsea (RMC Sport)Olivier Giroud insists he is ‘concentrated’ on making an impact for Chelsea after scoring the winner against Rennes in the Champions League on Tuesday evening.Callum Hudson-Odoi had put Frank Lampard’s side in front in the first half but Serhou Guirassy’s late equaliser appeared to rescue a draw for Rennes.However, Giroud’s excellent header in injury time sealed Chelsea’s 2-1 victory and a
- What’s in store today? (Picture: Ella Byworth for Metro.co.uk)Get ready for the day ahead with your daily horoscope for your star sign, today for November 25, 2020.
Taurus, you may be in need of some quiet time today as you get out of your normal routine.Leo, it is time to get stuck in with a brand new challenge.
If you have the Pisces star sign then it is time to invest in yourself, while Capricorn might find it is time to get on with some household chores.Read on to see what today has in
- A security guard at the Peppers Hotel has been identified as South Australia's 'patient zero' that sent the state into a strict lockdown.
- Health bosses paid sky-high prices for protective kit compared to 2019 prices, as global demand soared in the first wave of the pandemic, according to a damning report
- UK civil rights watchdog the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) found the failures to observe existing policy contributed to the Windrush scandal.
- Consumer watchdog Which? found in eight out of 10 cases packages were cheaper than booking flights and accommodation separately. And trippers do not risk their cash if travel is banned because of Covid
- Former AFL star Dale 'Daisy' Thomas has hit back at online trolls attacking him for putting on weight.
- The Government's spending watchdog found that as global prices surged, the NHS had to pay up to 1,300 per cent extra for Covid safety kit.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!