- More areas will be placed in the higher tier and restrictions will be stricter. The Prime Minister is also expected to set out plans explaining if families can get together over Christmas
- Justin Dean Jones, 30, of Felinfoel, Llanelli, Wales, was charged with three counts of dangerous driving after uploading multiple clips of himself racing other cars in July last year.
- Former North Queensland Cowboys winger Gideon Gela-Mosby has been accused of hitting two men in Cairns CBD at about 2.30am on November 22.
- The US Labor Department publishes weekly figures on benefit applications - but a watchdog says these are distorted because the historic number of job losses had created a massive backlog of claims.
- How will dating continue to change in 2021? (Picture: Ella Byworth for Metro.co.uk)Whatever’s happening in the world, dating trends just keep on coming.
Not even lockdown can stop us finding new ways to make the art of seeking love more complicated, whether in the form of curfing or lockblocking.So yes, with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic come even more dating trends, reflective of the general mood of 2020.
The good news, though, is that rather than letting this cursed year get us down i
- A lawyer on the board of the government's equality watchdog is being investigated after retweeting or liking social media posts criticising Black Lives Matters protests.
- Christmas bubbles can be extended if there is travel disruption (Picture: SWNS)Families could spend at least six days together over Christmas if ‘unforseen disruption to travel’ stops people from returning home.
Three households are allowed to mix indoors between December 23 and 27 under a festive bubble arrangement agreed between the four home nations.
New guidance published on Monday evening said the bubble could be extended ‘immediately after the Christmas period’ if t
- Carragher compared Grealish to Hazard (Picture: AFP via Getty)Jamie Carragher disagrees with Graeme Souness’s assessment that Jack Grealish takes too many touches and believes the Aston Villa captain is worthy of comparisons to Eden Hazard.
Souness claimed he would love to play against Grealish and that the England international had yet to convince him of his worth at elite level.
Souness told Sky Sports in July: ‘When I was playing, I would not want to have been the most fouled play
- Diogo Jota is looking to continue his fine form on Tuesday night (Picture: AFP via Getty Images)Liverpool host Ajax on Tuesday night in Group D of the Champions League knowing that a victory will guarantee their place in the knockout stages.The Reds suffered a surprise loss to Atalanta in his last European outing, but they remain top of the group and a win over Ajax will keep them there, with just one game left against Midtjylland.The Dutch side are second in Group D, level on points with Atalan
- The report, titled Zoomsday Predictions and written by Marian Salzman, claims many workers will move to a four-day week in 2021 and stockpiling will also become routine among consumers.
- BREAKING: Michelle Ranicar, 54, has been handed a restraining order at Wood Green Crown Court for stalking the family of television and radio presenter Matthew Wright.
- The 'male Karen' confronted professional scooter rider Justin Carter and his friend in Melbourne this week as they were trying to ride a metal rail in a local park.
- Alexis Sharkey's death is being probed as a possible murder and two friends claim her husband Tom - who has hit back at people casting suspicion on him - told them she left their home after they argued
- Daisy found the loo roll (Picture: Caters News Agency)A destructive dog has added insult to injury by striking a pose next to her mess after chewing up loads of her owner’s possessions.
Two-year-old Daisy is a rescued puggle – a cross breed of pug and beagle – and she looks proud as punch in photos where she is next to each of her ‘achievements’.Her owner, Laura Rowsell, from Hickson, Staffordshire, can hardly stay mad at the proud pooch as her face is a picture &nd
- Kerry’s made a comeback! (Picture: BBC)Daisy May Cooper has brought back This Country icon Kerry Mucklowe for a one-off special event, and managed to raise £10,000 in the process. The actress and Taskmaster star was thought to have said goodbye to Kerry and her cousin Kurtan (played by her brother Charlie Cooper) earlier this year, with series three of the BBC favourite wrapping up the comedy. But, in order to do her bit for those in need around Christmas, the iconic loudmo
- Drake has topped Spotify’s list of most streamed artists this year (Picture: Getty)Drake, Eminem and The Weeknd are among Spotify’s most streamed artists of 2020.The star has topped the Spotify list in the UK, beating late 21-year-old rapper Juice Wrld.Eminem is third, Ed Sheeran is fourth and The Weeknd rounds off the top five.Singer Ed, who welcomed daughter Lyra Antarctica in September, was the most popular British artist ahead of Stormzy, Dua Lipa, Lewis Capaldi and Harry Styles.
- The First Lady unveiled the mass of decorations which included 62 huge Christmas trees dressed with thousands of lights, red baubles and bows - although not everyone saw the beauty in the festive decor
- Gary Doidge, 27, was handed a 12-week suspended prison sentence after boiling two rats alive (Picture: RSPCA / SWNS.COM)A man has been spared jail after killing two rats by pouring boiling water over them.Gary Doidge, 27, inflicted ‘terrible suffering’ on the animals after they were captured in a plastic bin in Tavistock in West Devon on August 10.He was handed a 12-week suspended prison sentence on November 24 after being prosecuted by the RSPCA.A clip of the horrific incident was w
- Office for National Statistics data show that the coronavirus death toll in England and Wales rose nine per cent in the week to November 20 after surging by 40 per cent in the last week of October.
- Steve Thompson, 65, who was laid off by BBC Radio Lincolnshire until the end of the year for describing a clash between players as 'handbags', accused of a homophobic comment about Lewis Montsma, 22.
- William Israel (pictured), 23, was killed trying to cut through Canterbury East station in Kent to get to a friend's house after leaving a nearby nightclub in the city.
- Heartwarming footage shows Eva Ahmed , 28, walking out of hospital as staff line up against the corridors to give her a guard of honour
- Under the new swabbing scheme - which starts tomorrow when England's national lockdown ends - councils will be entitled to target specific groups for regular, asymptomatic testing.
Chilling new photos show grinning French serial killer 'Dr Satan' on trial after murdering 60 peopleMarcel Petiot was a respected doctor in France until his horrific murders were uncovered during World War II, and rare photos of his trial are now up for auction.
- ‘Tis still the season! (Pictures: Montezuma’s/Sainsbury’s)To Christmas fans all over, the beginning of December can mean only one thing –it’s finally advent calendar season.
Many will have bought their chosen calendars already, but life can come at you pretty fast, so there’s likely no shortage of people who’ve woken up today looking for a last-minute calendar.If that’s you, then never fear, for we’ve put together a list of some of the best a
- Around 480 frontline NHS workers are taking the cold and flu spray - which contains seaweed - in a bid to see if it can prevent and reduce the severity of coronavirus
Phillip Schofield wasn’t having it when he heard Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove’s suggestion that two Scotch eggs and a pickle on the side could be perceived as a ‘substantial meal’.On Wednesday 2 December, people in areas across the country that are placed in tier 2 will be permitted to order alcohol at pubs and restaurants up until 10pm if they do so with
Jake Paul has challenged Conor McGregor to a boxing match, after it was revealed he fought Nate Robinson with a broken nose.
The YouTuber won after a brutal knockout against the former NBA star, with Jake opening up about his unusual training period following the win.Sharing a gruesome image of his broken nose, he wrote on Twitter: ‘Broke my nose meditating 3 weeks ago and couldn&r
I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! star Ruthie Henshall has apologised after sharing details of her romp with Prince Edward inside Buckingham Palace.The musical theatre star previously told her fellow campmates that she had sex with the prince in the Royal residence, confessing that she ‘fell in love with him’.Now, she’s said that she regrets telling the s
- The government doesn't deny the document exists, but Michael Gove says he hasn't seen it
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!