- For almost 60 years (apart from a hiatus between 1989 and 2005), the Time Lord's antics have been enjoyed around the world: a mixture of fantasy and escapism, loved by children and adults alike.
- Millions of Sydneysiders are enjoying more freedoms as NSW recorded 935 new coronavirus cases.
- Kara Bell demanded that an Austin school board remove the book Out of Darkness by Ashley Hope Perez from its middle school shelves due to its descriptions of anal sex at a meeting on Wednesday.
- London Mayor Sadiq Khan has said that ministers should make face masks on public transport compulsory again. He said the voluntary system in England is not working.
- via metro.co.ukEastward – if only it played as good as it looks (pic: Chucklefish)A new indie game tries to combine two of Nintendo’s most iconic franchises, using some of the best 2D graphics ever seen.Back in the mid-90s, at the start of the PlayStation era, it seemed like 2D graphics would quickly become obsolete, a forgotten evolutionary step on the road towards photorealistic visuals. And for a long time that was the case, with any subsequent game that dared to feature pixel art graphics insta
- A NYPD cop was seen in a video clip riding on the back of an illegal dirt bike while the rider performed tricks. The NYPD is aware of the video and is investigating.
Fake championship rings which would have been worth $2.38 MILLION if real are intercepted from ChinaThe fake championship rings represented various teams like the Yankees, the Chicago Bulls, the St. Louis Cardinals and the Philadelphia Eagles. They were bound for a home in Florissant, Missouri.
- The UK's biggest power firms will call on Business Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng to help Britons by removing the cost of green subsidies from payments.
- Rob Hodgson, 38, had been working out in his home gym in November, six months after recovering from Covid-19, when he collapsed, the result of scarring on his heart left by the virus.
- Retailers struggling to keep afloat as a result of coronavirus lockdowns are being given a glimmer of hope for a busy Christmas trading period.
- The Government has declined to say how many ex-translators who risked their lives beside UK troops were airlifted to safely in Operation Pitting.
- About the size of a golf buggy, two specially designed vehicles will be assessed for six months delivering letters and small parcels in Edinburgh, Crewe, Liverpool, Swindon and London.
- Officials on the Spanish Canary Island of La Palma began evacuating thousands of people and animals before huge plumes of smoke began billowing into the air sending lava spewing
- Surging into the sky and swooping back down over the water in Dartmouth, Devon, flyboarder James Prestwood is everywhere you look around - just like the song.
Teen, 18, who said he was a victim of a drive-by shooting while his friend was shot dead is arrestedZachary Pickrell (right), of Anaheim, California, claimed that he was a victim of a drive-by shooting in which Danilo Arauz (left), 17, was shot dead before being charged and arrested, police said.
- Barnaby Joyce expects former federal minister Christian Porter to one day return to the frontbench after quitting for failing to explain who helped fund his defamation case.
Cops seize two kilos of cocaine, a gold-plated handgun and nearly $44,000 in cash after traffic stopHumberto Anteverde, 29, 'appeared very nervous' when he was stopped for speeding in Port Arthur, Texas Thursday morning. Police found a kilo of cocaine in the car, the least of their discoveries.
- There is disagreement over whether French President Emmanuel Macron was notified one hour or five hours before Australia announced the AUKUS pact with the US and UK.
- via metro.co.ukKane & Lynch – nobody changed the review, but they did complain about itThe Monday Inbox thinks that Ratchet & Clank is an underrated franchise, as one reader enjoys Deathloop’s swearing.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
I’m loathe to discuss this topic, because it tends to bring out the crazies and has ties to very unsavoury elements of the internet, but the GC review score for Deathloop has brought up the usual discussion
- Facing exposure by MI6 and almost certainly the death penalty, Kim Philby had fled to Moscow - from where he wrote to his wife pleading for her to join him.
Folic acid will be baked into bread to slash risk of birth defects in decision hailed as 'momentous'The Government has decided folic acid will be added to both white and brown flour in a bid to reduce the risk of birth defects caused by folic acid deficiency by up to 20 per cent
- Rhiann and Jason Blair live in the top floor flat in Tullycarnet, East Belfast, and claim it has been neglected for years by the Northern Ireland Housing Executive
- Milford, 27, was arrested at 2am and charged with three counts of assault occasioning bodily harm and one count of wilful damage.
- Supermodel Doutzen Kroes said on Instagram that she won't get the Covid vaccine and will 'not be forced to prove my health to participate in society.'
- The ACT government says it does not feel under pressure to do more to ease its Covid restrictions, with its larger NSW and Victorian neighbours setting out their plans to end lockdowns.
- One of Australia's top doctors has slammed 'overcautious' modelling that could keep long suffering Melburnians in lockdown until November.
- Luke Cook, 37, who had been sentenced to death in Thailand along with his wife, returned home to Sydney on Sunday after winning an appeal against his conviction in Bangkok last week.
- Detectives have launched an urgent investigation after a member of the public reported that they had seen a young girl screaming for help in a black Mercedes in Haringey, north London.
- People were left bemused and concerned when handwritten notes from Jehovah’s Witnesses were posted through their doors claiming Satan was to blame for Covid
- Radon is a radioactive gas caused by the decay of uranium in rocks and soil. It is making its way across the south of England and Wales and kills more than 1,100 people a year in the UK
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!