- The Health Secretary claimed a delay in the supply schedule will result in fewer jabs being dished out. But he also said there would be some 'bumper weeks in March' to make up for the lag.
- Trump is expected to announce that he will not start his own political party, instead calling for the GOP to unite as he returns to the political limelight in a keynote address at CPAC on Sunday.
- RSL Victoria back-flipped on its plan to cancel annual marches across the state on April 25 following talks with government officials, but Gallipoli service in Turkey was called off.
- Mike Baldwin is one of Corrie’s most iconic characters (Picture: ITV)Mike Baldwin is one of the most iconic characters to ever grace Coronation Street, played by actor Johnny Briggs.
Johnny died on Sunday, February 28, surrounded by family and friends, but left behind a legacy that will continue on in soap history forever.
Castmates including Sue Nicholls and Helen Worth have now spoken out in honour of the actor’s death, remembering their close friendships away from the screen.
- The scene on the bridge yesterday (Picture: AP)Around 30 vehicles have crashed into one another in icy conditions on a bridge in Montana.
The cars went into each other ‘like bumper cars’, according to a woman who was hit by a truck as she was driving.
It happened on an interstate highway over the Yellowstone River outside Billings during challenging weather.The Montana Highway Patrol said on Twitter that no fatalities were reported but two people were injured.
They blamed ice on the
- Quarantining guests are alleged to have set up a WhatsApp group to coordinate smoking breaks at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow (Picture: Rex)‘Rebel guests’ at a quarantine hotel have been using the outdoor smoking area to party into the early hours, it has been claimed. Travellers self-isolating at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow hotel are said to have been spotted drinking and sharing cigarettes. Some were also seen hugging each other without wearing face coveri
- Shocking pictures show just how close the campsite - which was discovered on Saturday - is to the drop on a section of the Cleveland Way, a trail in northern England
- Allowing someone to toot your horn, or tooting it yourself for any other reason than to warn ofdanger carries a $349 fine, thanks to a little-known rule, as does putting an arm out of the car.
- Pizza Hut on Monday revealed it would be adding beer to its menu after conducting research which found customers often paired their pizza with an alcoholic drink.
- Prince Harry and Meghan are reportedly searching for a new arrangement for their correspondence as the Prince of Wales stopped financing the mail service at Clarence House
- The laser shone on the helicopter’s cockpit in a ‘prolonged and deliberate manner'(Picture: Getty)A man who shined a laser pen at a police helicopter, temporarily blinding the pilot, has bee jailed for six months.
Benjamin Fort, 39, claimed that he thought the aircraft was a UFO.In fact, it was carrying a missing person search and had two people on board.
Fort, described as an ‘idiot’ by the judge who sentenced him, had also claimed he was using the pen to hunt rabbits.
- R Kelly receives both doses for coronavirus vaccine in Chicago prison (Picture: Getty)R Kelly has received both doses of the coronavirus vaccine while in prison.
The singer, 47, is currently being held without bond at the Metropolitan Correctional Centre in Chicago while awaiting sexual assault charges following his arrest in 2019.
Kelly – real name Robert Sylvester Kelly – has pleaded not guilty to all charges.
He had shared his concerns over catching coronavirus while in prison and
- Paul Johnson, the director of the influential think tank, said that if the numbers move 'more positively than expected' the exit from the national shutdown 'should be sped up'.
- Personal care and close contact service businesses in England cannot operate at the moment under coronavirus restrictions, but could be allowed from April 12
- Dr Scott Green made an unusual appearance atSacramento Superior Court over Zoom (Picture: Sacramento Bee/AP)A plastic surgeon accused of a traffic violation is being investigated after appearing in court virtually while operating.Dr Scott Green was dressed in surgical scrubs when he appeared on Zoom for the hearing, which was being live streamed in the USA.He confirmed that he was operating but called for the trial to ‘go right ahead’, before the judge at Sacramento Superior Court re
- Willian signed a three-year deal at Arsenal (Photo by RUI VIEIRA/POOL/AFP via Getty Images)Arsenal legend Martin Keown has urged Willian to get over his exit from Chelsea after questioning whether the Brazilian was in ‘mourning’ after his departure from Stamford Bridge.The 32-year-old joined the Gunners on a free transfer from Chelsea last summer, having spent seven years in west London.
Willian was handed a three-year deal at the Emirates but he’s struggled to settle at the cl
- Well, why not marry yourself? (Picture: MDWFeatures / Geof Krum)A woman married herself in a ceremony which cost £1,000 after breaking up with her boyfriend.Life and business coach Meg Taylor Morrison from Atlanta, Georgia, had always wanted to get married on Halloween 2020.
However, after an amicable breakup in June of 2020, the 35-year-old realized her dream wedding might need to evolve into something different.Having heard of other people conducting self-marriage ceremonies, Meg decided
- Graeme Souness and former Chelsea manager Frank Lampard (Pictures: Getty / Sky Sports)Graeme Souness has slammed ‘weak’ Chelsea captain Cesar Azpilicueta after he claimed ‘everything had improved’ after Thomas Tuchel replaced Frank Lampard at Stamford Bridge.Lampard was sacked as Blues boss last month, with former Borussia Dortmund and PSG manager Tuchel named as his replacement.Chelsea have enjoyed a revival under Tuchel, winning six of their last eight matches and beati
- It would be a boost to people coming out of lockdown - but it'll only shave 1p off a pint and you'll have to pay the £280bn cost of Covid in other ways
- Open vaping - which allows people to control their device and its ingredients - could be outlawed if the group's advice is adopted, according to reports
- Johnny Briggs played businessman Mike Baldwin on Coronation Street for decades (Picture: ITV)Coronation Street stars have paid tribute to Johnny Briggs following his death at 85 after a long illness.His family announced he had died in a statement on Sunday, saying: ‘It is with great sadness that we announce the death of our father, Johnny Briggs.‘He passed away peacefully this morning after a long illness, with family by his side. He was 85.‘We politely ask for privacy at this
- When you’re a kid, there’s nothing more alarming than your mum shaking you awake in the middle of the night and very calmly telling you, ‘We need to go now.’The one thing my seven-year-old sister and I – two years older – remember was my mum’s steadiness. There was no hysteria, screaming or crying on her part.
She told us to get out of bed, take her hands and follow her – exactly how we were – and leave everything else behind. We didn’t
- Liverpool are enduring a difficult time with injuries and results (Picture: Getty Images)Former Liverpool star Michael Thomas has backed the Reds to overcome their current issues and specifically the ‘major blow’ of losing Jordan Henderson to serious injury.Henderson has been forced into undergoing groin surgery and will be out for at least five weeks as a result, joining the long list of injuries at Anfield.Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip remain out for the foreseeable fut
- Lady Gaga is said to be forking out for her dogwalker’s medical bills (Picture: Lady Gaga/Instagram)Lady Gaga will pay her dogwalker’s £70k medical bill after he was shot by dognappers who stole the singer’s two French bulldogs. Ryan Fischer, who was hospitalised as a result of the attack, was initially found by police in a ‘grave’ condition after he tried to fight the two robbers off, however, it’s been reported he is expected to make a f
- Holly Willoughby is reportedly preparing for a legal battle against her former agents (Picture: Samir Hussein/WireImage)Holly Willoughby has reportedly hired lawyers for a legal battle against her former agents after she split from them last year.According to The Sun, the £10m legal row concerns commission which agents collect after a star client has left them.It means her former agents YMU could seek a cut of Holly’s TV contracts they helped negotiate if they are renewed – for
- The Diomede islands are just three miles apart but sit on either side of the International Date Line which means the bigger island is almost one day ahead of its smaller neighbour
- Mr Greenslade, who held various positions on Fleet Street titles, including the editorship of the Daily Mirror, also confirmed he is a member of Sinn Fein.
- James Corden reveals he keeps awards ‘hidden away in cupboards’ to stay grounded (Picture: Getty)James Corden could be adding to his trophy cabinet, after landing a nod for this year’s Golden Globes, but he’s confessed he likes to keep his awards hidden away.
The Late Late Show host, 42, has been nominated for best actor in a musical or comedy for his role in Netflix movie The Prom, released last year, at the Golden Globes and he’ll be going up against the likes of
- From April, Maidstone Borough Council in Kent will employ the use of LitterCam technology to seek out drivers who dispose of any rubbish, including cigarette butts and apple cores.
- Shadow Chancellor Anneliese Dodds said the £20-a-week should be extended for now, but in the long term there needed to be "radical reform" instead
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!