- 'He was told not to appear to be trying to cash in on Team GB's Olympic gold rush'
- Evergrande has defaulted on its debts and credit ratings agency S&P is expecting China to let it fail. This has major implications for Australia which relies on exporting iron ore.
- Local business owners have called for the NSW government to scrap its five client limit when personal services reopen once the state hits 70 per cent vaccination.
- Marcelo Queiroga tested positive for the disease hours after accompanying President Jair Bolsonaro to the United Nations General Assembly on Tuesday
- An aggressive magpie recently met its match in Melbourne after taking on a drone mid-air. The footage was uploaded online, prompting a number of hilarious responses.
- The RSPCA says there has been a surge in puppy trafficking as dogs shot up in popularity as a result of the pandemic
Melbourne construction ban Covid lockdown: Stipe Lijovic fell from worksite to death during protestsStipe Lijovic took his own life at the Crema Construction site on Spencer Street in Melbourne's West just hours after a two-week ban on construction was announced.
- via metro.co.ukThe religious festival is often refered to as the ‘festival of lights’ (Picture: Getty)Diwali, also known as Divali or Deepawali, is a festival celebrated over five days in many parts by people of different faiths including many Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, Muslims and Buddhists.It is often referred to as the festival of lights for the bold light shows and fireworks that are used to commemorate the occasion.Last year’s festivities were scaled back due to the coronavirus pandemic, so t
- Eman and Sanchia Mowatt, 20, underwent a pioneering 16-hour operation at Birmingham Children’s Hospital to separate them at just three months
An alarmed house cat captured on camera predicting the earthquake in Victoria while playing with toyBrodie Lancaster shared the footage to Twitter on Wednesday morning after filming her pure white cat, called Carol, playing with her new toy.
- Homeowners in the Mansfield region reported houses shifting, paintings falling off walls and books toppling from shelves. Pets disappeared, horses were spooked and fish jumped out of the water.
Melbourne construction ban Covid lockdown: Stipe Lujivic fell from worksite to death during protestsStipe Lujivic took his own life at the Crema Construction site on Spencer Street in Melbourne's West just hours after a two-week ban on construction was announced.
- Footy fans have been warned to be cautious when buying tickets for Saturday's AFL grand final.
- The ad seen outside Sunday's Panthers v. Saints game in Charlotte directed readers to a website for the Wilmore Funeral Home, a fictional business created by ad agency Boone Oakley.
- Willie Garson, known for his role as Stanford Blatch on Sex and the City, died at the age of 57 on Tuesday, his son, Nathen confirmed on Instagram.
- The hiker, who posted his journey on YouTube, began from the southern end of the Appalachian National Scenic Trail in Springer Mountain, Georgia on May 17 before finishing 96 days later.
- A man is in police custody following the death of another man at the Cairns Central shopping centre on Wednesday morning. Detective Inspector Kev Goan has confirmed the victim was stabbed.
- Much of Scotland and Northern Ireland will be hit by heavy rain and strong winds as a storm batters part of the UK today but England and Wales will be dry and bright on Wednesday, according to the latest UK weather forecast
Brave moment Channel Nine reporter stares down anti-vax protesters and says she won't be intimidatedA brave news reporter has warned violent anti-vax protesters that she will not be intimidated as Melbourne braces itself for a third day of wild demonstrations.
- Former AFL legend Ben Cousins' made his return to the AFL spotlight on Sunday at the 2021 Brownlow Medal, prompting one footy presenter to warn his debut is 'romanticised'.
COVID Australia: Covid-infected TV crew member who sparked Byron Bay lockdown faces criminal chargesA Sydney woman who travelled to Byron Bay to work on the reality TV show 'I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!' and then tested positive for Covid-19 is facing criminal charges.
- Australian NBA superstar Ben Simmons will be a no-show for the Philadelphia 76ers training campnext week despite getting a $200 million contract extension.
Brave moment Channel Nine reporter stares down anti-vax protestors and says she won't be intimidatedA brave news reporter has warned violent anti-vax protestors that she will not be intimidated as Melbourne braces itself for a third day of wild demonstrations.
- The father of Bryson and Brayden McDaniel, 20 months, will not face charges for their death after he forgot them in his car on September 1, the sheriff's department reported.
- Ex-Chinese Communist Party insider Wei Jingsheng told a shocking new documentary The World Military Games in October 2019 could have acted as the virus' first superspreader event.
- via metro.co.ukThe Trump campaign reportedly knew that his lawyers’ claims about voting machines during the 2020 presidential election were unfounded (Picture: Getty Images)Former President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign reportedly was aware that his lawyers’ claims that a voting machine company conspired to steal the 2020 presidential election from him were unfounded.Attorneys allied with Trump held a press conference two weeks after the election pushing a conspiracy theory that Dominion
- The woman, who speaks ‘perfect English’, was found covered in blood waving at a fisherman on the isle of Krk in Croatia
- Gen. John Raymond, commander of the Space Force, revealed the uniforms for the newest branch of the military on Tuesday. The uniform has been compared to the suits in science fiction.
- Victoria has announced an 'Australian first' $190million package to roll out air purifiers in public schools as children finally return to the classroom in Term 4.
- Victorian builder Brenden Allen, also the senior coach of the Blackburn Football Club, said the tradies involved in wild anti-lockdown clashes with police in Melbourne are a noisy minority.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!