- Steve Nichols, chief executive of Lincolnshire Wildlife Park, said the five African grey parrots were adopted in the same week and while in isolation taught each other to swear
- A four year battle to bring a child rapist to justice has ended after he was jailed. Marek Slepcik raped an 11-year-old girl at a house in Kensington, Liverpool, before managing to flee to Slovakia.
- It means 14million people across England could be living under the toughest coronavirus-controlling curbs by the weekend, as Number 10 continues to rely on its 'whack-a-mole' strategy to beat Covid-19.
- Chona Lacsamana woke up to find her dog Mocha cradling a bundle of newborn puppies at her home in La Union, Philippines. One of them, which she has named Wasabi, is bright green.
- Emmerdale’s choice to show Charity dropping her female partner as soon as a random man enters the picture reflects a particularly insidious strain of biphobia (Picture: ITV)In tonight’s episode of Emmerdale, one of its bisexual characters will commit the least surprising transgression their audience could have expected: she cheats. With this plotline, Emmerdale is reinforcing the common trope that bisexuals are insatiable lovers who can never settle down with one partner. M
- Fenn Settle, 27, bragged about his loophole online, telling the UK Government: 'Jokes on you'. The account manager, from Leeds, said it cost him £6 to register Fenn Settle Ltd.
WWE’s Ilja Dragunov wants ‘The Fiend’ Bray Wyatt dream match and promises ‘redefined violence’ on NXT UKUnnesiegbar wants The Fiend (Photo: WWE)Ilja Dragunov is an incredible WWE superstar waiting to break out in a big way, and tonight could be his moment on NXT UK.The man known as Unbesiegbar – which literally translates to ‘invincible’ – made his name across the UK and European wrestling scene before signing for the wrestling giant, and he’ll be clashing with the formidable WALTER for the United Kingdom Championship this evening looking to hold the gold.Speaking exc
- CCTV footage shows the number 88 Stagecoach bus crashing into a tree on a residential road in Shiregreen, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, on October 26.
- So people think Kim Kardashian has six toes on one foot (Picture: ADAM ROSE/NETFLIX)Kim Kardashian may have dashed conspiracy theories she has six toes on one foot, however that’s not stopped fans from believing it to be true after she shared snapshots from her 40th birthday trip.Suppose this is why we cannot have nice things.In one particular photo posted to social media this week, Kim was seen walking along a wooden bridge after she flew her nearest and dearest to a private island for he
- President Donald Trump gestures as his listens at a campaign rally at Phoenix Goodyear Airport (Picture: AP)Donald Trump has branded Nigel Farage the ‘King of Europe’ as the two right-wing leaders lavished praise on each other at a rally on Wednesday.Ahead of next week’s US election, Brexit Party leader Mr Farage hailed the American President as ‘the single most resilient and bravest person’ he had ever met at an election speech in Arizona. Mr Trump claimed the
Mikel Arteta reveals regret over William Saliba Europa League snub but gives positive update on Arsenal defender’s progressSaliba is yet to make his debut for the club (Picture: Getty Images)Mikel Arteta admits he feels ‘really bad’ over the decision to omit William Saliba from Arsenal’s Europa League squad, but insists things are getting ‘better and better’ for the defender after a tough start to his Gunners career.The 19-year-old was purchased for £27million from Saint-Etienne last summer and immediately sent back to the French club on a season-long loan as part of the deal.His
- A man has been arrested for attacking a guard outside the French embassy in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
The man was said to be carrying a ‘sharp tool’ during the incident, Saudi state TV reports. The guard was taken to hospital, but his condition is not life-threatening.
He has now been arrested.
This is a breaking news story, more to follow soon…Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected] more stories like this, check our news page.
- A knifeman has been shot dead by French police this morning, hours after a terror attack in Nice.Officers in Avignon opened fire at around 11.15am as a suspect threatened them, shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’, according to local reports.It comes after at least three people were left dead and several others injured following a knife attack this morning inside the Notre-Dame Basilica in Nice.
More to follow.
- Social media users took to the Twitter to slam comments made about Father Christmas' weight by Professor Emer Shelley in a tongue-in-cheek section of Good Morning Britain today.
- The attacker was arrested after attacking and injuring the guard in Jeddah, according to the official Saudi Press Agency.
- Larry Krasner threatened the president that if he sent any 'uncertified poll watchers' to the birthplace of American democracy: 'I've got something for you.'
- Police shot dead an assailant who threatened officers and members of the public with a knife just hours after a similar incident in Nice left three people dead
- Jorginho missed another penalty (Picture: Chelsea FC via Getty)Frank Lampard admitted he would be talking to Jorginho after the Italian missed a second penalty of the season on Wednesday against Russian outfit FC Krasnodar.After seeing a penalty stopped by Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson this season, Jorginho sent a spot kick against the post in a 4-0 Champions League win.While it didn’t stop Chelsea getting a vital three points, with Callum Hudson-Odoi, Timo Werner, Hakim Ziyech and Christia
- No… I definitely cleaned the bathroom last week (Picture: Getty/Metro.co.uk)Cleaning can be theraputic. If you have the right soundtrack and the right mindset. But we can probably all agree that cleaning the bathroom is the worst.It’s always a bit gross, you have to use the most intense cleaning products and it, without fail, always takes the longest.If you live with housemates or a partner, you definitely pull the short straw when it’s your week to clean the bathroom.Research
- The attack comes just hours after a woman was beheaded and two others killed in the French city of Nice
- Kayleigh Taylor, 31, impressed X Factor judges in 2017 and was an early favourite to win, but was forced to drop out after her two eldest children were taken away by social services.
- A spy working for Poland's equivalent of MI5 has been arrested after ploughing his car into a group of women protesting against the country's new abortion laws.
- I’m A Celebrity 2020 unveils new logo ahead of series (Picture: ITV)I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here has unveiled its new logo ahead of the series which airs next month.The logo – just like the upcoming series is going to be very different this year – after TV bosses swapped the Australian jungle for the Welsh countryside.Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the series will be filmed at the Grade-I listed Gwrych Castle in Conwy, North Wales.The 2020 logo is very simi
- The London-based retail giant will concentrate its festive TV adverts solely on food this year instead, and still plans to use social media influencers to market clothing and homeware.
Care home manager gets ‘stool scale’ birthday cake from staff because she’s always talking about pooThe cake, and Louise cutting it (Picture: SWNS)Care home manager Louise Lambert is always asking residents how regular they are.She uses the ‘Bristol stool scale’ – something most people who have worked in care and nursing will have come across.The chart is used to classify human faeces into one of seven categories, which can then diagnose other health issues.It was developed at the Bristol Royal Infirmary in 1997 as a clinical assessment tool and is now use
Hugh Dennis has offered fans of Outnumbered a dash of hope, telling ITV’s Lorraine that he’d be up for the show making a comeback in the future.Critically acclaimed sitcom Outnumbered, which followed parents Pete (Hugh) and Sue (Claire Skinner) as they navigated being outnumbered by their three children in their household, ran from 2007 to 2014, with a Christmas special relea
- (Picture: ITV/Getty)Coronation Street star Lucy Fallon has landed a new acting role in a radio play called Sour Hall which will debut next year.
She is currently filming the play which will see her character and her girlfriend move into a new farm – only to be tormented by ghosts.
Spooky!Lucy will appear opposite Doctor Who star Pearl Mackie, and former Corrie actor Graeme Hawley, who appeared in the ITV soap as hapless serial killer John Stape.Writer Laura Kirwan-Ashman recently revealed
- Video shows the Met raiding the Afrikiko club in Peckham where they found 45 revellers in the club's basement dancing to music and not following Covid rules sparking a review of its licence
- Claire Poche, a senior member of Oregon Health Authority, had a big red smile painted across her face and wore bright yellow trousers for the solemn announcement.
- The Pfizer-backed vaccine being developed by German firm Biontech could be ready for distribution in the coming weeks (Picture: Reuters / PA)A German coronavirus vaccine may be ready before Christmas, beating Oxford University’s AstraZeneca jab, according to reports.UK government officials believe a verdict on whether the Pfizer-backed vaccine, being developed by German firm Biontech, works is expected in the coming weeks, The Times reported.
The government has bought up 30 million doses o
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!