Open letter demanding change in entertainment industry signed by more than 800 people after Noel Clarke allegationsNoel Clarke was accused of misconduct (Picture: Getty Images)An open letter signed by more than 800 members of the UK entertainment industry has called for change after the allegations against Noel Clarke.The Viewpoint and Doctor Who actor was accused of misconduct by 20 women, which he vehemently denied. He was later stripped of his Bafta membership.Following the allegations, the letter, shared on social media, said that a culture of sexism and sexual harassment against women has become ‘
- Christian Eriksen collapsed on the pitch (Picture: Getty Images)The BBC has been hit with 6417 complaints after it showed footage of footballer Christian Eriksen collapsing during a football match.The broadcaster was airing the Euros 2020 match between Denmark and Finland, when Danish star Eriksen collapsed on the pitch after suffering a cardiac arrest. The 29-year-old has since been recovering in hospital.Cameras remained on the footballer as he received CPR, and his partner and teammates, who
- Some 16,703 new cases were confirmed on Thursday (Picture: Rex/Getty)More than 16,000 new coronavirus cases have been reported in the UK for the second day running.
The spike in infections, fuelled by the Delta variant first identified in India, saw some 16,703 cases and 21 deaths confirmed on Thursday.
That represents a 45% rise in cases week-on-week, even as the Government prepares to lift restrictions entirely.It brings the total number of cases recorded since the pandemic began to 4,684,572,
- Jade Thirlwall’s bandmates Leigh-Anne and Perrie are both pregnant (Picture: Getty)Little Mix star Jade Thirlwall is basically so over the constant pressure to have a baby. The Confetti singer is currently the only non-pregnant member of the group with Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Perrie Edwards expecting their first children at the same time. It’s led to the dreaded question of when Jade ‘will be next’ – how many of us have been there? – and, frankly, she
- Do you have what it takes to beat The Chasers (Picture: ITV)Have you ever fancied yourself as a contestant on The Chase, either to show off your quizzing skills or invite Shaun Wallace out on a date?Ever thought you could do way better when it comes to taking on The Beast, The Governess and all the other Chasers?Well if you do want to show off your general knowledge skills, tell off Bradley Walsh and appear to the nation on teatime TV, then the good news is that you can apply for
- Dr Waheed Arian is hitting back at a ‘big narrative of anti-migration’ in the UK (Picture: REX)Some of Waheed Arian’s earliest memories as a child include rushing down to the basement to take cover from incoming shells, rockets and bombs.
The first five years of his life were dominated by the Afghan-Soviet conflict, followed by years of civil war and the hardline regime of the Taliban.
In between this, he spent three years in malaria-ridden refugee camp in Pakistan, where he co
- Joy Morrissey MP says it is ‘time to rediscover our pride in being British’ (Picture: Rex/Joy Morrissey MP)A Tory MP has started a campaign to offer a portrait of the Queen to everybody in the UK.Joy Morrissey enthusiastically backed the idea as she unveiled a picture of the monarch she’ll be hanging in her own office in parliament.
Along with the British Monarchists Society, the campaign wants the Government to make portraits of the queen available to ‘every home, compan
- The patient is said to have undergone the surgery at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital (Picture: Picasa)A patient has been awarded £150,000 in damages after a surgeon allegedly carried out a ‘completely unnecessary’ vaginal reconstruction which removed her clitoris.The woman, who does not wish to be named, was left unable to pass urine normally or enjoy sex which, impacted her marriage, and has needed further surgery as a result.The Hull-based woman, who was in her 40s at the
- Andrew Neil's flagship interview show on GB brought in 92,700 viewers - scoring three times higher than Sky News at the same time, and 24,000 more than BBC News.
- Copper Folly, a 2,900sq ft house in Cheshire, has three bathrooms and three reception rooms, with a basement that could be turned into a home office, gym or cinema room.
- There were nearly 3,000 new Covid infections in Scotland in the past 24 hours, the largest toll ever in a single day north of the border. Two-thirds of cases in the 15 to 44 age were male.
- Surgeons have issued a warning about the procedure (Picture: PA)We already know that the Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) is the most dangerous cosmetic procedure, and medics have now issued warnings over buttock fillers, too.This comes after a 29-year-old suffered sepsis due to bum fullers, contracting the condition over a year after she had the treatment.Dr Siobhan Quirke and colleagues from the St James Hospital in Dublin told a conference how the woman needed hospital treatment for the potentially
- The baby penguins have not yet been named (Picture: PA)A London aquarium is celebrating after two baby penguins were born after a successful breeding season in lockdown.The pair of chicks were born at Sea Life on the South Bank to parents Ripley and Elton.They were the only hatchlings from Gentoo penguins successfully bred in England this year.One chick is now being reared by its biological parents, while the other has been adopted by another established pair at the aquarium – Max and Snor
- The notorious tech guru and his wife Janice met when he lived in the jungle with a harem of seven women. She spent the first two years of their relationship spying on him
- Cristiano may be a superstar, but Roberto also impresses (Picture: Alex Nicodim/SIPA/Shutterstock)Two Premier League old boys are thrust into the spotlight in a documentary double that has recently hit our screens to coincide with the start of the Euros.
One, Cristiano Ronaldo, is a familiar subject for our sporting filmmakers; the other, Roberto Martinez, less so.Whether the world needs another hour dedicated to the sublime skills of Madeira’s finest export since the small banana is quest
- More than 50 people were announced missing in the Miami Beach-area building collapse (Pictures: Getty Images/AP)More than 50 people were announced missing after a Miami Beach-area condo partially collapsed early Thursday.
Miami-Dade Commissioner Sally Heyman told CNN that 51 people believed to have lived at Champlain Towers South were unaccounted for. It was not clear whether they were inside the building when it partially collapsed around 1.30am.Earlier, authorities confirmed one woman dead, at
- Aspergillosis is thought to have gone undetected in India and possibly caused tens of thousands of deaths according to Professor David Denning, Chief Executive of the Global Action Fund for Fungal Infections
- Titled 'Cooling the capital', artists have carved a collection of five key London landmarks into the towering 20-tonne sculpture to promote renewable electricity provider E.ON's £4million investment in a heat pump system which uses heat from the earth's natural subterranean warmth
- A wanted fugitive stole a $1.2 million yacht from a lake in upstate New York - and lied that he was 'water-testing' it after being tracked down by a US Border Patrol helicopter, police say.
- John McAfee believed the US government was out to get him - much like whistelblower Edward Snowden and WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange who also face decades behind bars in the States.
- When Alicia Bell's daughter Scarlett was born underweight with hearing problems, she had a gut feeling something wasn't right. Months later, she learned about a common virus that changed Scarlett's life forever
- Ed played for the team on their day off (Picture: Europa Press News/Europa Press via Getty Images )The England squad was reportedly treated to a special performance from Ed Sheeran after getting through to the last 16 of Euro 2020. Ed, 30, is a big football fan, having sponsored his beloved Ipswich Town and being a regular fixture at their matches, and was in attendance at England’s clash against Scotland at Wembley last week.So we’re sure it was his honour to entertain the Engl
- Mumford & Sons banjo player Winston Marshall has quit the folk rock band just five months after a Twitter storm sparked by his praise of a controversial journalist.
- Ricco Kimbrough went to pick up his new Tesla Model S Plaid on Wednesday when he realized that the airbag was not properly attached to the steering wheel, he said in a viral TikTok video.
- Gregory Seddon,17, was onboard the P&O Royal Britannia with his friend and brother when the group were approachedTabatha Young, who was 'very intoxicated'.
Sex Education season 3: All-change for the gang as Emma Mackey rocks school uniform in behind-the-scenes picturesSchool uniform doesn’t seem like Maeve’s style (Picture: Netflix/Tanya Reynolds)Behind-the-scenes pictures of Sex Education season 3 have teased a massive change at Moordale Secondary School, as stars Emma Mackey and Asa Butterfield are seen wearing conservative school uniforms in their downtime.The release date for Netflix series Sex Education has finally been announced, with the hit show’s new episodes launching in autumn this year.Not only will several newcomers enter the mi
- Serena Morlock, 22, went into a "blind panic" after spotting a tapeworm on her carpet and begged for help from vets before realising her mistake
- Mason Greenwood was predominantly used from the right flank last season (Photo by Matteo Ciambelli/DeFodi Images via Getty Images)Manchester United forward Mason Greenwood will be given more opportunities in a central forward position next season once the club completed a protracted £75million transfer for Jadon Sancho.The Red Devils are hopeful of concluding a deal for Sancho in the coming days, with United and Dortmund said to be just £4m apart in their valuation of the former Manc
- Sion Jenkins and his wife Hannah bought a townhouse in a terrible state of disrepair in 2018 and have spent the time since giving the home a stunning top to bottom makeover
Jennifer Saunders has spoken about her most embarrassing stage experience, admitting that she once fell asleep during a Dawn French monologue.We can only imagine how awkward that must have been.The comedian was speaking on There’s Something About Movies when she said the moment came during a performance on the West End – and it’s something she’s never likely to f
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!