- Dr Alastair Grant, from the University of East Anglia, found that the proportion of positive test results reported within 48 hours plunged at the start of September because of 'backlog' in the system.
Trump supporters from Pennsylvania to Alaska hold processions in cars with some stretching for milesThousands of supporters of Donald Trump took part in processions and rallies over the weekend from Pennsylvania to Alaska. . Although Trump wasn't there, supporters were in their cars to support.
- Victoria Police have released footage of the disgusting attack on the 246 bus route from Elsternwick to Clifton Hill in East Melbourne around 8.30am on August 25.
- Fines and spot checks will come into force Monday as part of a crackdown on rule-breakers (Picture: PA)People across England will be legally required to self-isolate if they test positive for coronavirus or are contacted by the test and trace service from today.If they do not, they risk being hit with financial penalties starting at £1,000 and rising up to £10,000 for repeat offenders or serious breaches. Those who test positive for Covid-19 will also be fined if they knowingly provi
- (Picture: ITV/Metro.co.uk)Dawn Taylor (Olivia Bromley) is left fearing the worst in Emmerdale tonight (September 28), as the police arrive to arrest her.
However, it’s not for the reason you might think.
Yes, the fact that she murdered DI Malone (Mark Womack) remains a secret, but viewers will know that the young woman had a heated showdown with Meena Jutla (Paige Sandhu) during Friday’s episode (September 25).
Meena was antagonising Dawn, and flirted repeatedly with her ex-boyfriend
- (Picture: BBC/Metro.co.uk)Mick Carter (Danny Dyer) is left speechless in EastEnders tonight (September 28), as he discovers that Frankie Lewis (Rose Ayling-Ellis) has been taking pictures of Ollie.Viewers will know that Frankie has formed a friendship with Tina (Luisa Bradshaw-White) in recent weeks, after securing herself a job at The Prince Albert.The young woman subsequently bonded with Ollie, and informed the little boy that he reminds her of her brother who died 10 years earlier.She was lat
- (Picture: ITV)Michael Bailey (Ryan Russell) is thinking to the future in Coronation Street as he wants to become a proper family unit with Grace Vickers (Kate Spencer) and their daughter Tianna. But as he plans a romantic proposal, he is in for one hell of a shock – when Grace drops a bombshell that could ruin everything. As Michael shares his plans with Ed (Trevor Michael Georges) about proposing, he gets down on one knee when Grace comes round and presents her with a ring, leaving h
- (Picture: ITV/Metro.co.uk)Geoff Metcalfe (Ian Bartholomew) is hellbent on exacting revenge on Daniel Osbourne (Rob Mallard) in Coronation Street tonight (September 28), and therefore he takes drastic action in order to do so.
Daniel made an enemy of Geoff last week, when the latter popped by the solicitor’s office in an effort to find out some information about Yasmeen Nazir’s (Shelley King) case.The young man proceeded to berate Geoff — calling him out for the way he treats se
- President Trump took to Twitter just after midnight on Monday and demanded that the Justice Department investigate Democratic House Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota for 'ballot harvesting.'
- Simon Reeve was dumped from Weekend Sunrise this year after Channel Seven decided to copy arch-rival Nine and do without a weekend sports presenter. Reeve's $500,000 a year expenses didn't help.
- Experts say the Government is falling short on the amount of supply chain items needed to ensure enough doses of the vaccine can be stored and transported should a vaccine be green lit in the coming months
- Colbertaldo, Veneto, Italy (Picture: /Getty)Have we gone and killed Prosecco?
Chain pubs serve entry-level swill on draft into dishwasher-safe plastic. The bottomless brunch crowd buy ‘Keep Calm & Drink Prosecco’ aprons for their mums’ birthdays. And this Christmas, a great many Britons will buy bauble-shaped bottles full of ‘paw-secco’ – for their dogs.Yes, as with Lambrusco in the 1980s, we are witnessing the self-inflicted demise of Britain’s favo
- A veteran lifeguard said he fears for people's safety after seeing a crocodile only metres from children one day after it devoured a local doctor's pet dog in Cairns, Queensland.
- William Wall, 14, told his family he was going for a 15-minute walk around his hometown at Launching Place in the Yarra Ranges, east of Melbourne, at 6.45am on Tuesday.
- It's believed No10 is considering closing pubs, restaurants and bars for two weeks in order to slow the spread of coronavirus. It's also reported that households would be banned from meeting each other indoors
- While swimming in outdoor pools and personal training sessions are now permitted in Melbourne, golf remains off-limits, much to the anger of Sam Newman.
- Monte Sant' Angelo Mercy College is the latest elite Sydney private school to be been caught up in a muck-up day scavenger hunt scandal.
- Footage showed Tom Woodward taking his board for a ride from the driveway of his Fernhill, Queenstown, home on Monday.
- A crime scene has been set up after remains were discovered at Little Bay and Miners Beach, located a 1km apart, in Port Macquarie on the mid north coast on Monday.
- Star midfielder Brad Crouch and forward Tyson Stengle were stopped by police in the Adelaide CBD early on Monday morning and were allegedly found to be carrying illicit drugs.
- Boris Johnson had said he was against "sneak" culture in Britain but this put him at odds with ministers, including Priti Patel who said she would report her own neighbours for breaching the rule of six, as stricter measures come in
- An animal behaviourist has revealed the bizarre reasons behind cats' idiosyncrasies, from poking their bottoms out to if they get territorial over their owners.
- Who will be partnered up in this year’s Strictly? (Picture: Rex/Getty)Strictly Come Dancing contestants will be automatically axed from this year’s competition if they test positive for coronavirus, it’s been confirmed. Sarah Jones, executive producer of the show, has revealed that due to restrictions and quarantine rules currently in place, if any of the celebs fall ill, they will have to be ruled out in order for the show to continue safely. Speaking to Metro.co.uk,
- Jadon Sancho is keen on a move to Manchester United (Picture: Getty)Manchester United are preparing a take-it-or-leave-it offer for Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho.
The Red Devils will submit an offer for the £108million England international this week as they remain determined to sign the winger before the transfer window closes next Monday.The 20-year-old is keen on moving to Old Trafford but he’s unwilling to agitate for an exit from the Bundesliga club, which has made negotiations m
- The former Victorian Health Minister resigned on Friday, 24 hours after Mr Andrews told an inquiry Ms Mikakos was 'accountable' for the hotel quarantine program.
- Ella Eyre described a past relationship where money was an issue (Picture: Getty)Elle Eyre has recalled a relationship with an ex who was uncomfortable with her earning more money than him.The singer doesn’t feel money should be important in a relationship, however some of her former boyfriends didn’t feel the same way.She didn’t bring the issue up while in the relationship, but with hindsight realises that it may be have been a factor in things falling apart.She told Metro.co.
- Firefighters on Sunday were attempting to contain the Glass Fire, which broke out before dawn and has now consumed 2,500 acres - forcing people from their homes and destroying a vineyard.
- Temperatures plummeted to well below zero over the weekend in parts of the UK but warmer Atlantic air is set to push the mercury up as high as 19C in parts on Monday
- President Trump (left) called for Joe Biden (right) to be tested for drugs before Tuesday's debate, prompting the Biden campaign to say that the demand was 'made in urine'.
- Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani and former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie are helping President Trump prepare for the debates. The first is Tuesday in Cleveland
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!