- Scott Morrison is expected to announce a permanent $50 increase to the dole for when the $150-a-fortnight boost to the payment expires on March 31 .
- Better or worse than a console?Readers debate the pros and cons of PC gaming and how it compares to consoles, in terms of performance and value for money.The subject for this weekend’s Inbox was inspired by reader David and asked if you own a gaming PC and if so how much did you pay for it and how well does it run modern games? If you don’t own a gaming PC what would make you consider it and what has put you off so far?The majority of responses were from PC owners, most of who, as yo
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – a hangover to remember (pic: Rockstar Games)A reader looks back at his favourite moments from the outgoing generation, including winning at PUBG and getting drunk in Red Dead Redemption 2.With the transition to a new generation of consoles slowly taking place, I thought it would be the perfect time to look back at some of my favourite gaming moments of the generation just past. If you have not been sure about any of the games on the list maybe this could help you co
- Marvel’s Avengers – is it’s failure due to Battlefront 2? (pic: Square Enix)A reader argues that gamers protesting about unpopular actions by video games companies has changed the industry for the better.You would have thought a video game based on the Avengers, coming out at a time when, thanks to the pandemic, there are no new Marvel movies, would be the biggest thing ever. It’s got a big budget, it’s by a respected developer, and it came out at just the time when
- International Criminal Court (ICC) chief prosecutor Fatou Bensouda warned that soldiers could face trial at the Hague if the Overseas Operations Bill passes through parliament.
- Portugal and the Spanish islands have followed Cyprus in welcoming British holidaymakers from the middle of May.
- The network has forked out between $7 million and $9 million in license fees for the rights to the tell-all sit down with the Sussexes, according to a report.
- Insiders said Thursday Cuomo's aides revised the nursing home death data in a July report to massage the figures before they went public.
- St Pancras Chambers Penthouse Apartment is a Grade I listed building in central London which boasts nearly 6,000 sq ft of living space spread over three floors
- Roy Greenslade was fully informed of all developments from the very minute that Liam alerted the newspaper to the threat to his life. But now I wonder: did he know about the plot before?
- Around 200,000 women will be sent letters to say they are due an average of £13,500 after the Government found systemic failures to automatically award pension pay rises.
- Caroline Nokes, MP for Romsey, said an unnamed Labour politician put his hands on her 'in a really inappropriate way.
- ABC journalists in Tasmania have been warned use of the word 'paedophile' could stop child sex offenders seeking help and even lead to them continuing their abuse.
- An animal welfare group backed by Carrie Symonds wants action to tackle fish suffering, including protecting their mental wellbeing. They raised concerns on hook injuries and stress.
Supergirl season 6: Star Melissa Benoist back in action in first set pictures from final series after giving birthMelissa is kitted out and ready for action on Supergirl set (Picture: KRed/Backgrid)Melissa Benoist has been spotted on the set of Supergirl’s sixth and final season for the first time after giving birth to a baby boy in autumn last year.In September 2020, Melissa, 31, and her husband Chris Wood, 32, celebrated the arrival of their first child together, who they named Huxley.Half a year later, the actor is preparing to launch the very last season of her action-packed show Supergirl, in whi
- Tributes have been pouring in for the late Tony Hendra (Picture: Getty/Rex)Comic Tony Hendra has died aged 79.The star was best known for his satire comedy work, as well as an appearance in mockumentary film This is Spinal Tap, in which he played the band’s manager, Ian Faith.Hendra’s wife told the New York Times that his cause of death was amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, often known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, which was first diagnosed in 2019.The star first started working in com
- Owners of the Lock and Quay in Bootle, Sefton, Merseyside, publicly shamed the male fly-tipper after CCTV footage showed him dumping a couchoutside their pub.
Nadiya Hussain has urged the British Bangladeshi community to get vaccinated against Covid-19 in a new video campaign.The Great British Bake Off star has joined Chef’s Table actress Asma Khan and MasterChef’s Dr Saliha Mahmood in order to combat negative assumptions surrounding the jab.According to NHS data, around 76,106 people of Bangladeshi descent have received the first
- UK children as young as six are caught stealing from cars and organised crime groups use messaging apps like WhatsApp to groom thousands of teenagers.
- The Sydney woman, said after discussing finances over lunch with Ms Caddick, she was given a 'very odd response' when she asked about her trading approach.
- In a further blow to middle-income families, who already face losing out thanks to a freeze on income tax thresholds, analysis shows that 250,000 may lose their child benefit by 2025.
- Schools and colleges are now fully reopening, welcoming back all pupils, and their health and wellbeing are a priority
- Mum-of-two Masha is happy her children are returning to school as she has been feeling the pressure of juggling work and the kids
- The Charity Commission has opened a 'regulatory and compliance case' into Sussex Royal, though the watchdog hasnot yet determined if there was any wrongdoing.
- (Picture: BBC)Martin Fowler’s decision on EastEnders to report ex-wife Stacey to the police may result in her being put behind bars for a second time.With actress Lacey Turner’s maternity leave set to result in Stacey’s absence from Walford, viewer speculation has been mounting as to how she’ll depart.But we now have our strongest hint yet as to what Stacey’s exit storyline will be after Martin makes the surprise decision to contact the authorities for what he belie
- Honey is distraught (Picture: BBC)Things have been tense around Jay Brown (Jamie Borthwick) and Billy Mitchell (Perry Fenwick) in EastEnders ever since Jay and Honey (Emma Barton) announced they were in a relationship.Billy can’t get his head around Jay and Honey being together, and to make matters worse, Billy has become convinced Jay is trying to be Will and Janet’s new father.As this love triangle continues, Honey is left distraught soon when the police show up with Janet, but wil
EastEnders spoilers: Devastating exit story revealed for Stacey Slater as she goes to prison for ‘attacking’ Ruby Allen?Stacey is in hot water (Picture: BBC)We’ve known Stacey Slater (Lacey Turner) will be leaving EastEnders soon for a while. This is because Lacey will be going on maternity leave following the recent birth of her son. The exit is only temporary, and it appears her departure story may have been revealed.With Ruby (Louisa Lytton) out for revenge following her miscarriage and falling down the stairs, she decides to destroy Stacey and gets Martin (James Bye) to report her to the police, but cou
- It’s a stressful week for the residents of Albert Square (Picture: BBC)If you haven’t yet had your fill of EastEnders for the week then fear not, as we’re bringing you an extra little look at next week’s shenanigans.
Martin Fowler (James Bye) is worried about Ruby Allen (Louisa Lytton) in the wake of her miscarriage, but he’s later left concerned when she makes quite the request.
She asks Martin if he’d do anything for her, and he warily agrees. Later that eve
- Raphinha has been linked to Liverpool and Manchester United (Getty)Raphinha says he is ‘happy’ and ‘settled’ at Leeds United after being linked with moves to Liverpool and Manchester United.The Brazilian midfielder has been one of Leeds’ standout players in the Premier League this season with five goals and five assists so far.The 24-year-old was signed from Rennes last October in a deal worth around £17 million.And his impressive performances have reportedly
- The victim, an assistant building super, went to the machine room to find a phone that fell into the pit. It was called to another floor and he was pinned underneath.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!