- Nathan Blaircaused former friend Amy Potter to lose work by falsely claiming she moonlit as a prostitute amid a terrifying campaign of stalking.
- There have officially been 429,277 infections in the UK since the pandemic began (Picture: Getty Images/PA)A further 6,042 people in the UK have tested positive for coronavirus in the past 24 hours after a series of record breaking daily tolls.
Today’s figures from the Department of Health and Social care bring the official total number of infections since the infection began to 429,277.Another 34 people have died within 28 days of catching the disease, bringing the UK death toll to 41,971
- Russell Hill, 74, and Carol Clay, 73, went missing on a remote Victorian camping trip in March but crime journalist Adam Shand has revealed why he believes the couple could be alive.
- Will Mellor once put down a cat assuming it was his own pet (Picture: Getty)Will Mellor recalled the time he accidentally put down someone else’s cat, after mistaking the pet for his own.Yes, seriously.Appearing on an instalment of his podcast with Ralf Little, aptly named Two Pints with Will and Ralf, he explained they had kept the remains in an urn – without realising it wasn’t their moggy.Setting the scene, the 44-year-old told his pal they had two pedigree Bengal cats in th
- Police close Swansea wedding party and force guests to leave for breaking coronavirus rules. Guests crammed into Adelina's Bar and Kitchen last week. The venue has now been shut
- Coronavirus cases in the UK have hit their highest ever level for a Saturday at 6,042 in 24 hours, and 20 deaths in 24 hours.
- (Picture: North News & Pictures Ltd nort)A six-year-old girl has tragically died after being hit by a falling tree at a primary school in Newcastle.The child was taken to hospital from Gosforth Park First School in Newcastle-upon-Tyne shortly after 1pm on Friday.She died in hospital on Saturday, Northumbria Police said.A spokesman for the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) said: ‘HSE is aware that this is now a fatal incident and we will work alongside Northumbria Police to investigate.
- A motorist drove along a busy road near Lymington with a full greenhouse mounted to the roof of the car (Picture: BNPs)Bizarre footage has emerged of a car being driven down a busy road with an entire greenhouse strapped to its roof. Passing drivers were stunned as the Citroen C4 drove at speeds of up to 40mph with the 8ft by 6ft metal frame balancing precariously on top of it.A back seat passenger was even seen with their arm out of the window holding onto the structure.Local care manager
- Residents in California's Bay Area could be required to work from home three days a week after the Metropolitan Transportation Commission voted and approved a proposal
- The Gambling Commission came under fire earlier this year after a committee found them to be ‘unacceptably weak’ (Picture: SWNS / PA)The parents of a gambler who killed himself have claimed Government bodies ‘do not want to know’ about how their ‘perfectly happy’ son died. English teacher Jack Ritchie, 24, who was working in Hanoi, Vietnam, died by suicide after jumping from a building in November 2017. Sheffield Town Hall heard yesterday a coroner w
- Scotland and Northern Ireland each set new records for the daily number of new Covid-19 cases, and NHS England confirmed 20 more deaths in hospitals
- The family were travelling in a 4WD which was towing their camper trailer when they hit a sedanin Nowendoc, in the NSW Northern Tablelands, at 12.20pm on Saturday.
- Chelsea Renton, from Cathcart Police Office in Glasgow, is being investigated by bosses after she criticised lockdown laws on her Instagram page, branding the UK government 'a joke'
- Tamika Wever, 24, received serious head injuries when the taxi she was in was struck by another car at Edgeworth near Newcastle, 160km north of Sydney.
- Cheer yourself up with a little think about the end (Picture: Ella Byworth for Metro.co.uk)If there’s one topic you’re not supposed to dwell on, it’s death. Death has to be the most gloomy subject going.But apparently, the reverse is true. According to one academic, contemplating death may actually help us to live happier lives.Steve Taylor, senior lecturer in psychology at Leeds Beckett University, has found that surviving death or seriously thinking about it can have a &lsquo
- Vyacheslav Zolochevskyi, in his 20s, was the sole survivor of the crash after the Antonov An-26 military aircraft with a 'faulty engine' came down one mile short of its airfield.
- Erin Gelken was forced to go for tetanus injections and blood tests after she pricked her tongue on a strawberry she bought at Aldi in Port Pirie, South Australia.
- Olivier Giroud came off the bench to score for Chelsea against Barnsley in the Carabao Cup (Picture: Getty Images)Chelsea manager Frank Lampard is delighted with how Olivier Giroud has responded to falling down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge after the arrival of Timo Werner.The Frenchman had worked his way back into the Chelsea first team in the second half of last season, after coming close to leaving the club in January.However, the summer has not gone well for the former Arsenal man as
- U.S. Magistrate Judge Rozella A. Oliver said that the conditions presented by Ed Buck's team were 'insufficient' to ensure that he would show for trial.
- Around 600 students are currently in self-isolation at the University of Glasgow (Picture: Getty Images)Glasgow University has said it will refund all its students living in halls of residence one month of rent.It comes after at least 124 students tested positive for coronavirus, forcing around 600 students into self-isolation.The Scottish Government and Universities Scotland has asked freshers not to socialise in pubs, restaurants and other venues this weekend.
The university has now said it wi
- The comedian took aim at the Supreme Court nominee frontrunner during the opening monologue of his HBO show 'Real Time With Bill Maher' Friday night.
- Monty spoke of his grief at losing Nigel (Picture: Instagram/EPA)Gardeners’ World star Monty Don has called the loss of his dog Nigel ‘a proper bereavement’.Fans of the BBC show were heartbroken earlier this year when Monty confirmed that his 11-year-old golden retriever, who appeared on Gardeners’ World alongside his owner, had died.And Monty said shared the ‘true grief’ he has felt since Nigel’s passing in May.Speaking to The Times, the 65-year-old sai
- Mike Conner shares the ups and downs of renovating an abandoned fort on Thorne Island in Pembrokeshire, including the never ending battle to protect it from Mother Nature
- Sergeant Matiu Ratana died after a 23-year-old gunman opened fire at Croydon Custody Centre. His friend Neil Donohue said he thought working in the custody suite was a "safest option"
- Neal Maupay’s handball offence allowed Man Utd the chance to steal victory against Brighton (Picture: BT Sport)Manchester United sealed a dramatic victory against Brighton on Saturday following one of the most incredible finales in Premier League history at the Amex Arena.Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side looked to have squandered two points when Solly March deservedly drew the home side level deep in stoppage time when he nodded home at the far post.United, however, responded by mounting
- A Darwin man faces up to 12 years in jail for allegedly abusing and stealing from his wife, as well as tricking her into leaving the country.
- PC Lianne Matthews, 38, was killed after being hit by a train near Caerphilly after being talked out of killing herselfby her parents who were still on the phone when she was hit.
- Like being outside only warm (Pictures: CoppaClub/aviarylondon.com/www.ponsbournepods.com)Curfews and socialising restrictions don’t have to mean the end of your nights out – you can still make the most of winter at these eateries which come complete with rentable dining pods.The rule of six might mean that our social gatherings are a bit more limited now, but that presents the perfect opportunity to enjoy some pod dining as the weather grows colder.Pod or igloo dining sees people en
‘I was screaming!’ – Joe Cole takes aim at Aaron Wan-Bissaka after Manchester United’s win at BrightonSolly March impressed up against Manchester United’s Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Picture: Getty)Joe Cole took aim at Aaron Wan-Bissaka after Manchester United scraped past Brighton in a dramatic 3-2 victory, claiming the defender failed to pick up on the many ‘warnings’ he was given prior to Solly March’s late goal at Amex Stadium.
The Premier League encounter was action-packed from start to finish and March’s stoppage time effort looked to have sealed a point for Brighton a
Kelly Clarkson has enlisted members of the public to be beamed in for her talk show, creating a slightly surreal virtual audience.It’s a real ‘the show must go on’ vibe in the time of coronavirus, and you can’t fault her for it in the slightest.However, there came a time on one recent episode when the Stronger singer had everyone dancing along to Vin Diesel’
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!