- UsForThem was 'shocked' to discover it could not access thousands of pounds of donated money after PayPal suspended its account 'in accordance with' its user agreement.
- Myrtle Mae Lewar’s first workplace after Jamaica was an NHS hospital in London as she answered the call for nurses (Picture: Josh Layton/File image)Myrtle Mae Lewars was not sentimental about possessions, but one would stay with her until the end of her life.
A handbook for assistant nurses was part of her passport for a better life as she joined thousands of Caribbean women answering a call to join the NHS.My maternal grandmother had borne the grinding hardship and lack of oppor
- Got someone you want to track today? (Picture: Matthew Chattle/Future Publishing via Getty Images)Time to dust off your trusty trainers and don your lycra leggings – the 2022 London Marathon is happening today, October 2.While the fitness fans and charity fundraisers among us will be taking on 26.2 miles through Central London, many more will simply be watching from the safe haven of the sidelines.But if you’ve got a loved one who’s running in the marathon, is there another way
- Saturday Night Live began its 48th season with a meta skit poking fun at itself. Top Gun 2 star Miles Teller pretended to be former NFL quarterback Peyton Manning analyzing the show.
- The crash took place in Fresno at around 9:54 a.m. local time on Garrett Avenue, near Jensen and Willow Avenue in the southeast part of the city.
- The average US homeowner saw their monthly mortgage payment rise by 15 percent or $337, according to a shocking new report from Redfin.
- The tail end of Hurricane Ian will send more wet weather across the south of England, with the Met Office forecasting even more heavy rain across the country next week
- With pay rates of up to $90,000 per year or more common, one occupation is desperately seeking a huge number of new recruits. And you don't need a degree and the job prospects are excellent.
Optus under fire over hack as Attorney General Mark Dreyfus questions why the telco had so much dataFollowing the huge Optus data hack, federal ministers have put heat on the telco asking why it kept old information, why it hasn't done more to alert those at risk or why it isn't telling what was stolen.
- Runners will hit Tower Bridge when they’re nearly halfway through the 26.2 miles (Picture: Matthew Chattle/Future Publishing via Getty Images)The 2022 London Marathon is taking place this weekend (October 2), with 40,000 amateur and professional athletes (plus some famous faces!) flocking to the capital to tackle the 26.2 mile challenge.The race is continuing in its new autumnal slot, having first been pushed back from its usual April slot in 2020 due to the Covid pandemic.The marathon alw
- The fierce Manchester rivals go head-to-head (Pictures: Shaun Botterill/Getty Images and Michael Regan/Getty Images)The two Manchester giants meet at the Etihad later today with City taking on United at the Etihad.Pep Guardiola’s team have been in imperious form this season, sitting in second place just one point behind leaders Arsenal.Manchester United have recovered well since their disastrous 4-0 defeat against Brantford, stringing together four consecutive victories in the Premier Leag
- October marks Black History Month throughout the UK (Picture: Getty)First celebrated in the UK in 1987, Black History Month (BHM) is now an important time of year for people in the UK.
People from African and Caribbean backgrounds have been integral to British history and society for centuries. However, many believe their value and contribution to society is often ignored or misrepresented.Throughout October, BHM is observed across the country with events that aim to correct this, acting as both
- One of Australia's most beloved snacks Smith's salt and vinegar chips has been pulled from shelves of stores in two states over contaminations fears.
Conman Peter Foster claims unlikely love rivalry with Robbie Williams over Danish beauty in the '90sConvicted conman Peter Foster has made a wild claim about an alleged love triangle with Brit pop megastar Robbie Williams.
- Mark Williams-Thomas revealed Savile to be a prolific paedophile in a 2012 documentary and now says he is trying to bring down another 'untouchable' child sex offender
- Erling Haaland has hit the ground running in Manchester (Picture: Lynne Cameron – Manchester City/Manchester City FC via Getty Images)Erling Haaland has been in sensational form since joining Manchester City in the summer transfer window.Haaland scored 14 goals in his first 10 matches on the blue side of Manchester, including hattricks in consecutive matches against Crystal Palace and Nottingham Forest.But how much does the Norwegian goal machine earn for his heroics at Manchester City and
- Tahlia Brown was working when her daughter Totty drowned in a blow-up spa bath at her family home at Gracemere, in north Queensland, on September 19.
- Coogee locals have rallied around Jesse Lane, 12, and his cliff-side business 'Jesse's Place' after the drinks stand was cruelly shut down after neighbours complained to Randwick Council.
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex moved to the United States in 2020 and have spent two years at their current Montecito mansion, but are reportedly looking to relocate to Hope Ranch
- The UK Royal Mint will unveil its much-anticipated Memorial Coin Collection on Monday with Australians able to purchase them on its website.
Fishing duo stripped tournament title their fishing catch were found to be stuffed with lead weightsChase Cominsky and Jake Runyon were stripped of their winning title after a tournament official discovered lead weights inside the fish they caught. The anglers had been competing in Ohio.
- Allegra Spender, 44, walked away from her family's multi-million dollar fashion business for a life in politics, winning the seat of Wentworth in the federal election in May. But politics was already in her blood.
- A thoroughbred horse named First Receiver which was owned by the late Queen and bred at her Sandringham stud is in line for a Horse of the Year prize - one of equestrian's most prestigious titles.
- MAIL ON SUNDAY COMMENT: Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng, in his interview today with The Mail on Sunday, is cool and thoughtful about the storm which engulfed him.
- Scott Gormley (pictured), a senior production journalist on The Mail on Sunday for many years, has died aged 78 after a long illness. Scott began his career on local newspapers in Shropshire.
- Borderlands 3 – are you a fan? (pic: Gearbox)A reader names the video games he thinks are badly overrated, from Nintendo classics to long-running favourites like Fallout and Borderlands.Can I just say, before I begin, that I’m always very impressed by the Reader’s Features and everyone writing in about their various concerns. After years of only reading I wanted to give it a go myself, especially after reading the 6 worst video game developers in the world one, which I particul
- A fifth of supposedly independent adults aged 18 to 34 say are considering moving back in with their paretns to avoid rising rent, energy and food bills.
- If the thought of a salad makes you glum, tucking into a burger is best for cheering you up, say scientists. Beef was the only food linked to a lower risk of depression in a study on 440,000 Brits.
- With England gearing up for yet another tilt at ending all those years of hurt, Skinner is dusting off the old classic with long-time collaborator, Ian Broudie of the Lightning Seeds.
- King Charles III gave an accolade to the 18th Duke of Norfolk, the most senior peer in Britain, just 10 days after inheriting the throne from his mother.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!