- Novak Djokovic won the Australian Open for the ninth time in hiscareer (Picture: Getty)You can’t just reduce a great performance to a set of numbers. We are all heartily sick of data. We must always remember to elevate performances of beauty to their rightful place which is in the world of art, not statistics.There are three artists at the top of men’s tennis and the first one to grace the tennis courts of the world was Roger Federer, then along came Rafa Nadal with his pirate shirt
- Mobile phone giants have been accused of leaving small landowners thousands of pounds out of pocket by using a loophole to dramatically reduce their rents for phone masts.
- Days Gone – coming soon to PC (pic: Sony)A reader reacts to the news that Sony is bringing more of its exclusives to PC and asks why anyone needs to buy a console anymore.The news this year seems to have been dominated by people trying and failing to buy a PlayStation 5. As far as I understand they’re still going to be hard to get hold of for at least the rest of the spring, although I haven’t looked into it much as I’m not interested myself, because I have a gaming PC. T
- The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D – time for a remake? (pic: Nintendo)Readers celebrate the 35th anniversary of The Legend Of Zelda, by naming their favourite entries and their hopes for the future.The subject for this week’s Hot Topic is something Nintendo didn’t mention themselves during the recent Nintendo Direct but which readers certainly had something to say about, as we asked to hear your memories of the series and its games.Most people hadn’t started with th
- A lifetime of Zelda (pic: Nintendo)A reader who was there from the beginning celebrates 35 years of Zelda and reveals how he and his friend pre-empted Breath Of The Wild 2.I consider myself lucky to have been able to experience pretty much the entire Legend Of Zelda series from the beginning. Whilst I wasn’t able to buy a SNES, and my own copy of A Link To The Past, until the mid 90s, in the 80s I was fortunate enough to live next door to someone with not only an NES but also parents willi
- The vaccination rollout among the NHS means all hospitals must drop visiting restrictions for partners, the MPs insist.
- The Prince of Wales wants a face-to-face meeting with US President Joe Biden to discuss the 'urgent issue of climate change' and win support for his most ambitious environmental project to date.
- via mirror.co.ukA new study reportedly handed to ministers using 'real world' data from the NHS coronavirus vaccine rollout has thrown up very encouraging results that one dose is cutting hospital cases by 90%
- Will White Vision’s storyline follow the Marvel comics? (Picture: Marvel Comics/Marvel Studios)Warning: spoilers ahead for episode eight of WandaVision.In a post-credits scene for episode eight of Marvel TV series WandaVision on Disney Plus, the truth of what happens to Vision’s (Paul Bettany) body after his death is finally revealed, introducing a storyline from the comics and confirming one of the many theories surrounding the mind-boggling show.After Agatha Harkness (Kathryn Hahn)
- The plight of self-isolating arrivals at the Radisson Blu Edwardian hotel had earlier plunged into farce when bosses advised any smokers to order nicotine patches as their cigarette breaks were being halted.
- The Chancellor is reportedly looking to 'level up the playing field' between online and high street businesses - the latter of which have been hugely hit by three national lockdowns in England.
- Venues will be allowed to offer a takeaway menu and serve people outdoors from April 12, but customers will not be allowed inside until mid-May under Boris Johnson's roadmap.
- Nicola Sturgeon's official residence was one of several buildings highlighted by the Edinburgh Slavery and Colonialism Legacy Review Group, lead by Sir Geoff Palmer, 80.
- Third vaccine about to be given FDA approval to aide inoculation effort. The jab by Johnson & Johnson only requires a single shot compared to two jabs which is the case with both the Moderna and Pfizer.
- Kobe Bryant's widow Vanessa has slammed Evan Rachel Wood as 'vile and disturbing' more than a year after the actress called him a 'rapist' just hours after he died.
- 19.6 million people have now received the first dose of a Covid vaccine (Pictures: EPA/Getty Images)Nearly two million people aged 60 to 63 are being invited to book a coronavirus jab as the next stage of the vaccination programme in England.People in this age group are welcome to book their injections from Monday after more than three in four people aged 65 to 70 have been immunised. A total of 19,682,048 people have now been given their first dose, as the Government aims to offer it to ev
- Both the New York governor and his special counsel, Beth Garvey, released statements Saturday evening calling for the review and for all staff to fully comply.
- 'Gorilla Glue girl' Tessica Brown, 40, has found lumps in her breasts during a consultation with Dr. Michael Obeng before a breast lift and abdominal liposuction.
- Tuchel and Solskjaer will face off on Sunday (Picture: AMA/Getty)Ole Gunnar Solskjaer backed Thomas Tuchel over his decision to take off substitute Callum Hudson-Odoi a week ago, despite the Chelsea manager coming in for criticism.
Tuchel created a furore by substituting Hudson-Odoi – who he had brought off the bench – after 31 minutes in a 1-1 draw with Southampton before publicly criticising the youngster.
The German manager then held a team meeting with his players to explain the
- via mirror.co.ukSecondary and college pupils will be tested with lateral flow tests twice a week, receiving three initial tests at school before they start taking them at home, the government said
- A dog was once returned to Battersea Dogs and Cats Home because its new owner decided it 'didn't match' the sofa, according to the famous rescue centre's former boss Claire Horton.
Hollyoaks spoilers: Billy Price reveals ‘intense’ showdown for Sid Sumner and Victor Brothers as County Lines story explodesSid’s plan to take down Victor reaches a dramatic peak in Hollyoaks (Picture: Lime pictures)Sid Sumner (Billy Price) is hellbent on taking Victor Brothers (Benjamin O’Mahony) down in Hollyoaks, and next week he sets his master plan in motion.
Sid believed the events of New Year’s Eve had finally rid the village of Victor, but when the drugs boss returned last month, he decided that action needed to be taken.Determined to prevent history from repeating itself — and hoping
- Plans for the opening of the first Amazon Go store in the UK have been shrouded in secrecy, but The Mail on Sunday understands it plans to unveil its first shop in Ealing, West London.
- Travis Scott is doing his bit to help out (Picture: Getty)Travis Scott has reportedly provided 50,000 meals for Houston residents amid the freezing temperatures in Texas.The Sicko Mode hitmaker and his Cactus Jack Foundation partnered with Mayor Sylvester Turner to launch a food assistance program to help residents of the city, according to People.Approximately 50,000 hot meals have been provided to community members after Winter Storm Uri caused widespread heavy snowfall and freezing
- Left-wing MP Jon Trickett - a frontbencher under ex-leader Jeremy Corbyn - launched the attack after Sir Keir declared this was not the time to increase the burden on families and businesses.
- A large piece of stomach flesh including a belly button found washed ashore on the NSW south coast is being tested to see whether they belong to missing conwoman Melissa Caddick.
- KJ Apa opened up about his experiences on the show (Picture: The CW)Riverdale star KJ Apa has spoken about his experiences on the show, comparing the pressure that comes with it to being ‘in jail’.The actor, best known for playing Archie Andrews in The CW drama, spoke about being ‘judged on everything’.While he is ‘so grateful’ for the role, he admitted to feeling creatively limited while speaking to his Songbird co-star Demi Moore for Interview magazine.&lsqu
- Solskjaer says Fernandes is not Manchester United’s ‘worst loser’ (Picture: Getty)Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has revealed that Bruno Fernandes isn’t the ‘worst loser’ at Manchester United and that gong belongs to him.Fernandes has earned a reputation for his hatred of losing and the Portugal international never shies away from showing his emotions.
Solskjaer, by contrast, generally appears to be a cool customer.
But he revealed that his amiable persona isn’t s
- Holly Willoughby, 40, has hired lawyers to take action against the YMU Group after they demanded a percentage of her future earnings, reports suggest.
- House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO), and Gov. Kristi Noem (R-SD) had harsh words for Democrats during the third day of CPAC.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!