- It comes amid long-stalled nuclear talks between the North and the United States.
- Is Microsoft gaining the upper hand? (pic: Metro)The Friday Inbox thinks Microsoft should buy Konami for Pro Evolution Soccer, as one reader is impressed by 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
The smell of the next generation
Personally, I think Sony’s decision not to provide an option for PlayStation 4 owners of Spider-Man to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 remaster stinks.The remaster, not remake, is the kind of next gen upgrade t
- Australian music legend Max Merritt has died in a Los Angeles hospital after being diagnosed with a rare serious auto-immune disease.
- RICHARD KAY: Never afraid to speak his mind or challenge authority, Sir Harold Evans matched a campaigning, radical zeal with a love for the hurly-burly of political intrigue and hot gossip.
- India Hicks, who was a bridesmaid at Princess Diana's wedding in 1981, stole the Max Mara ladies' coat from one of Harrods' luxury branches at Heathrow in January.
- The gun-toting gran - known only as 'Sandy' - was inside her Spanaway home on Sunday night when her dog, Booboo, began barking.
- Schemes funded by UK taxpayers included a photography project to understand the country's past, syphilis tests for gay men and improving cancer screening in rural areas of China.
- Royal accounts published today show £245,643 was spent on scheduled flights and a private jet for the couple and their entourage to Africa, making it the most expensive royal trip of the year.
- Magawa, a giant African pouched rat, has discovered 39 landmines and 28 items of unexploded ordnance since he was trained. He has cleared the equivalent of 20 football pitches.
- Swathes of the North West and North East are struggling with large outbreaks while the virus remains under control in most of the South.
- Berklee Maguire was killed in the devastating explosion at around 7am on Thursday in the northeast Oklahoma City suburb of Edmond, the Medical Examiner's Office confirmed.
- Researchers at Public Health England (PHE) looked at almost 1,000 key workers who complained of Covid-19 symptoms in June. Of those, 49 per cent tested negative for antibodies.
- Demi and Max have reportedly ended their engagement (Picture: Rex/Getty)Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich have reportedly ended their engagement after two months.The singer and the Young And The Restless star got engaged in July after just a few months of dating, but are now said to have made the ‘tough decision’ to end their romance.A source told People: ‘It was a tough decision, but Demi and Max have decided to go their separate ways to focus on their respective careers.‘They
Sir David Attenborough breaks record as fastest to get a million Instagram followers beating Jennifer AnistonSir David Attenborough smashed the previous record (Picture: Instagram/David Attenborough)Sir David Attenborough has officially beaten Jennifer Aniston’s record to become the fastest person to reach one million followers on Instagram. The 94-year-old naturalist made his first post at 10am on Thursday after joining the app, and reached a million followers just over four hours later. His first post has already been viewed almost seven million times at the time of writing, a number
- When the clock struck 10pm, England's new curfew law kicked in for the first time sending punters streaming into streets as pubs, bars and restaurants shut up shop early
- Magawa has made safe 141,000 square metres of heavily mined ground in Cambodia and is the first rat to win a PDSA award for valour and the first non-canine to win the Gold Medal
- The Sussexes' trip just months before their bombshell exit from the Royal Family left the taxpayer lumped with the bill - and now the Queen has a funding shortfall
- The IPPR North report warns that children in the region are already paying the price of the previous crisis
- Stephen Bustin, Professor of molecular medicine at Anglia Ruskin University, designed the test that can get the samples in two or three minutes and find a result within 15 minutes
- Victoria has recorded 14 new COVID-19 cases and eight deaths in the past 24 hours, as the state moves closer to the easing of restrictions.
How buying home in Australia is set to get easier with borrowers spared from listing spending habitsAustralians buying a home will no longer have to provide extensive details about their daily spending habits to get a mortgage, under new rules Treasurer Josh Frydenberg is set to announce.
- Massive changes are on the way for weddings, schools and community sport in New South Wales as the state takes another step in easing strict COVID-19 rules.
- Smalling has grown frustrated with life in Manchester (Picture: Getty)Chris Smalling is frustrated with Manchester United chiefs continuing to block a move to Roma, reports claim.
The centre-back has been frozen out at Old Trafford but is yet to seal a return to Serie A.
He thrived in Italy last season, scoring three goals in 30 Serie A appearances, and is desperate to return to the Stadio Olimpico.
However, Roma are yet to meet Manchester United’s £18million asking price,United are
- President Donald Trump signed an executive order with great fanfare Thursday that proclaims protecting patients with pre-existing conditions is official U.S. policy.
- Bow Wow confirmed he was a dad again (Picture: Getty/Instagram/olivia.sky)Bow Wow has confirmed the rumours that he is a dad again with Instagram model Olivia Sky after sharing a photo of his new baby. The rapper, whose real name is Shad Moss, 33, shared a photo of his new son sleeping on Twitter and Instagram, writing: ‘Man you gone take all the girls.’Rumours of his ‘secret child’ had begun after Olivia had shared a photo of the baby on a dog-themed blanket with a
- The largest and most extensive database of China's brutal 're-education camps' has been mapped by a team of Australian researchers.
- The scientists said countries should aim not to ease coronavirus restrictions until they have a robust test-and-trace system in place. They pointed to success stories across the world.
- The brother of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew is leading his own search for his sister in hopes of finding her body to 'give her a proper burial.'
- Luis Castoire, 24, cast his line into Harlem Meer at around 11am on Thursday. He hooked his line into a human corpse that police said was a man in his thirties. His identity has not been released.
- The proportion of children in England receiving their first dose of the measles, mumps and rubella jab increased to 90.6 per cent last year.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!