- via theguardian.comThe prime minister is belatedly learning that a few jokes cannot distract from a catalogue of ego-driven mendacityHe lied. He clearly lied. But so what? As Boris Johnson hangs on by his fingertips, we wait to see who will stamp on them. The answer is presumably Sue Gray, to whose final mercies he has desperately handed his fate. Surely nothing she says can rescue him. At question is not his guilt, only his punishment.Johnson can plead that he was “advised” that office parties were wi
- Collingwoodstar Jordan De Goey could be offered a plea deal in his United States assault case that could see him avoid a stint in jail.
- Charlotte Leslie contacted police claiming she had a 'sinister' phone call with Tory donor Carl Hunter in which she was told to consider whether she could 'walk the dog at night and sleep well'.
- Victoria Police has confirmed many officers are isolating because it hasn't been able to 'source a consistent and reliable supply' of Rapid Antigen Tests.
- John Mudd, the brains behind Real Crisps, started his brand in the Welsh Valleys and expanded it across the UK - but he lost it all in the recession
- IAN BIRRELL: The mood in Kiev is growing worried with a majority of Ukraine's 44million population believing an attack seems likely and citizen militias preparing for guerrilla warfare.
- Dr Sam Kovac says that up until now, government red tape has prevented the importing of the world's only Covid vaccine for pets, which has been developed in Russia.
- The spill occurred when a tanker was hit by freak waves while unloading (Picture: AFP)Peru has been hit by a major oil spill sparked by the devastating underwater volcano eruption in Tonga.Two people have also drowned in the South American country, after it was hit by freak waves caused by the incident more than 10,000 km away.
There are fears that the incident will be harmful to wildlife and even human health.The authorities sealed off three beaches on Monday after oil was spilled from a tanker
ITV viewers have expressed their anger over Ghislaine Maxwell’s brother, Ian Maxwell, being interviewed in a documentary hosted by Ranvir Singh, with one saying they felt ‘disgusted’.Ghislaine, Prince Andrew and the Paedophile, which aired tonight, followed the Good Morning Britain presenter as she explored the connection between convicted sex offender Maxwell with Prin
- The three-storey building in the Bronx, New York City, collapsed as firefighters battled to extinguish the major blaze which left a woman, 77, dead
- Malik Faisal Akram, 44, had stayed at Dallas-area homeless shelters for about two weeks before taking four people and a rabbi hostage in a 10-hour siege on Saturday, ending in his death.
- The congressional investigation into the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday issued subpoenas to three of Donald Trump's top lawyers - including Rudy Giuliani.
- President Joe Biden has spent more than a quarter of his first year in the White House in his home state of Delaware and half of his weekends.
- Boris Johnson was last night battling to put down a coup attempt by Red Wall MPs. Ministers rounded on the group of newly-elected Tories after details emerged of their 'Pork Pie Plot' to unseat the PM.
- Downing Street last night said the Prime Minister had summoned a special meeting of the Cabinet this morning to decide whether the measures put in place to halt the variant's spread can be lifted.
Oklahoma pastor apologizes for 'disgusting' sermon where he was filmed rubbing spit on brother's facOklahoma pastor Michael Todd apologized for his 'disgusting' sermon after he was filmed spitting on his hand before rubbing it in the face of his brother to explain God's 'imperfect vision.'
- Tory MPs including Johnny Mercer, Tom Hunt, Finlay Carson, Chris Clarkson and Tim Loughton have issued statements as their constituents demanded answers over the partygate scandal
- Hakim Ziyech scored Chelsea’s only goal against Brighton but did not look entirely happy (Picture: Getty Images)Chelsea hero Joe Cole reckons Hakim Ziyech as ‘obviously got things that he’s not happy with,’ after the winger failed to celebrate his goal in the 1-1 draw with Brighton on Tuesday night.The 28-year-old scored just his second Premier League goal of the season, opening the scoring at the Amex, but he could barely raise a smile as his teammates came to congratula
- Boris Johnson claims nobody told him the boozy Downing Street garden party he went to was actually a party and against lockdown rules. However, he made the law and urged everyone to follow it
- More than a dozen Tory MPs who were elected at the 2019 election met at Westminster to conspire over Boris Johnson's future, The Mirror understands. The PM has been accused of lying to the House of Commons
- Insiders believe face coverings could still be required beyond January 26 but other restrictions are likely to be axed.
- Watch highlights of Tuesday's five Scottish Premiership matches on BBC Scotland's Sportscene.
- The Prime Minister is not thought to want to anger Tory MPs by extending Plan B (Picture: Getty)Boris Johnson is expected to announce that England’s Covid restrictions will be lifted later this month.As the Prime Minister battles to save his premiership, he is set to say that Plan B rules will expire as planned on January 26.The Cabinet will examine the latest Covid-19 data on Wednesday morning before the PM makes a statement in Parliament on Wednesday afternoon.England’s Plan B meas
- The decision on Plan B remains "finely balanced" but the latest data is "encouraging", the government says.
- The Home Secretary said opposition peers were not on the side of the 'law-abiding majority' and had backed groups which 'bring our country to a standstill'.
- Ricky Gervais said he would be cancelled halfway through if he presented (Picture: AP/Rex)Although we would love to see Ricky Gervais deliver his usual wisecracks at this year’s Oscars, he’s revealed he won’t for a very simple reason.The 60-year-old actor has hosted the Golden Globes on five separate occasions – in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016 and 2020 – with it being two years since the comedian reminded stars to ‘collect their award and f**k off’.During
- Daily Mail Australia can reveal shocking new detail about the nine-year-old girl's alleged murder as a 32-year-old man prepares to face a Sydney court on Wednesday morning.
- A further 32 people died with Covid in New South Wales on Wednesday in the state's second deadliest day on record - but Australia's overall deaths fell from Tuesday's record high.
- Boris Johnson is facing calls to resign (Picture: PA)Plans to oust Boris Johnson as Prime Minister have been ramped up as anger grows over his handling of ‘partygate.’Westminster is awash with talk of leadership plots as Tory rebels attempt to gather enough signatures to trigger a vote of no confidence in the PM.
A seventh Tory MP has tonight publicly called for the PM to resign due to the alleged lockdown breaches in parliament.
Christian Wakeford, MP for Bury South, told Yahoo News
- Brighton provide another huge blow to Chelsea's dwindling hopes of winning this season's Premier League title by coming from behind to claim a well-deserved draw.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!