Nightclubs will not be allowed to open again just yet (Picture: Getty)Those who are missing the days of going out clubbing after an evening in the pub or pre-drinking will have to wait a little longer to do so again.
Boris Johnson announced this evening that nightclubs will remain closed until at least July 19, to give ‘a few more crucial weeks’ to get people vaccinated.
Speaking at a press conference this evening, the prime minister confirmed that there will be a four week delay bef
- via metro.co.uk
- via metro.co.ukSimone Biles chose to prioritise her mental health in the face of immense pressure (Picture: LOIC VENANCE/AFP via Getty Images)Simone Biles shocked the world when she decided to pull out of the team event finals at the Tokyo Olympics on Tuesday, July 27.She has since pulled out of two other events – the vault and the uneven bars.Biles is one of the leading gymnastics stars in the world – even having Olympics terminology named after her – and her decision to focus on mental heal
- Six attackers who stabbed, kicked and stamped Bradley Gledhill to death in Batley were given a total of 81 years in prison but his mum called the sentences "disappointing and shocking even"
- Brits looking for UK holidays will have to dodge the showers with plenty of rain predicted for the first two weeks of August as the unsettled weather carries on
- Harrison Ballantyne was hit by 25,000 volts from an overhead line at the Daventry International Rail Freight Depot and tragically died from severe burns
Tokyo Olympics: Logan Martin wins the first gold in the freestyle BMX after more success in the poolAustralia has won three gold hours in the space of two hours in a historic day for our athletes at the Tokyo Olympics.
- We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story
- Social media star Hayes Grier, 21, allegedly beat a man leaving the victim with brain damage and bruised ribs on Monday. He was arrested and charged on Friday in North Carolina.
- Two women were shot at Soaky Mountain Waterpark in Tennessee Saturday night after an altercation broke out in the parking lot. Their conditions remain unknown.
- Australia has won its 13th gold medal at Tokyo Olympics with Logan Martin in the BMX freestyle.
- David 'Shaman' Ortiz, 29, the man who has claimed to be the host and organizers of the wild illegal Washington Square Park parties was arrested on July 21 after standing in front of a moving cop car.
- State Premier Gladys Berejiklian has denied reports nurses were forced back into hospitals before they returned negative test results.
- Misha Nonoo and Michael Hess, accompanied by their son, were spotted leaving New York City in a private helicopter on Friday.
- A gunman is reported to have opened fire after going over to a vehicle in an Indianapolis funeral home car park in the US and having an argument while a service took place inside
- Professor Bruce Robinson, the outgoing chairman of the National Health and Medical Research Council, has called for a fast vaccine rollout in the face of snowballing outbreaks in Queensland and NSW.
- Worrying traces of coronavirus have been found in sewage catchments in regional New South Wales despite the country towns reporting no cases of Covid-19.
- Emma McKeon's brilliant form in the pool at the Tokyo Olympics has continued with gold in the 50 metres freestyle
- Sydney's Covid outbreak has spread into a nursing home leaving nine elderly residents infected.
- Rishi Sunak has reportedlywritten to the Prime Minister about the damage that the current border rules are doing to the country's economy, particularly its tourism and hospitality sector.
- New South Wales has recorded 239 new Covid-19 cases.
- An amendment specifying the ban is planned for the Animal Welfare Sentience Bill to avoid Government laws being sabotaged by 'vocal and well-funded animal rights groups'.
- Rishi Sunak - tipped by some as a future leader of the Tory party - has reportedly written to the Prime Minister pointing out the worrying impact for the economy and tourism through having tougher travel restrictions
- Indianapolis Police is investigating a shooting that saw five people get shot outside a funeral home. The victims include a four-year-old girl who was critically injured during the incident on Saturday.
- The Someone Like You hitmaker, 33, and her new beau, 39, headed for dinner at Giorgio Baldi in Beverly Hills on Friday night.
- New footage has emerged showing the two woman sat on a bed laughing as they tell how the Derby County manager banned them from entering with their phones.
- More than 200,000 people across France protested against President Emmanuel Macron’s vaccine drive and some of the marches in Paris got out of hand with flares thrown and three police officers injured
- Rohan Browning is Australia's new star of the track after the run of his life to win his 100m heat, leaving2021 Jamaican world champion Yohan Blake trailing in his wake.
- Tracey Featherstone, a support worker from Hull, is becoming increasingly frustrated after being unable to go out in her car.
- Felicity Jones, 37, says she owes her fame to BBC's The Archers as she spent a decade playing Emma Grundy in Radio 4's British rural soap opera and says it was a 'brilliant starting ground'.
- Carol Vorderman has spent months wowing her Instagram followers with the views of the dramatic Pembrokeshire coastline she enjoys from the balcony at her staycation home.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!