- Brooklyn's 39th Street Pier - a 'disaster morgue' - is storing the bodies of around 750 New York City COVID-19victims in refrigerated trucks one year after the pandemic hit.
- Authorities are investigating after a plane crashed in bushland on Queensland's Sunshine Coast, leaving two men dead.
- The course, Black Holes: Race and the Cosmos, claims it 'will introduce students to the fundamentals of astronomy concepts through readings in Black Studies'.
- At least 34 cows somehow managed to break free from a Manning Beef Company facility on Tuesday evening before making their way through the streets of Pico Rivera, California.
- Employees, clients and visitors will be required to be fully vaccinated in order to access Morgan Stanley's offices in New York and Westchester from July 12.
- Mr Gove demanded that the SNP focuses on recovery from the pandemic instead of its 'foolish' separatist obsession.
- Wojciech Szczesny was seen smoking ahead of Poland’s Euro 2020 match against Spain (Picture: BGFK / SplashNews.com)Poland head coach Paulo Sousa attempted to deflect criticism of his goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny onto the media who photographed the Juventus goalkeeper smoking a cigarette before last weekend’s game against Poland.
The 31-year-old was snapped prior to travelling with the rest of the squad to Sevilla where his side ground out a 1-1 draw that kept alive Poland’s hop
People working from home worked 45 minutes less a day than those back in office, official data showsONS figures released today show home workers only spend six-and-a-half hours a day on work. People still commuting in spent around seven hours and 15 minutes a day working.
- All staff at Houston Methodist healthcare settings were ordered to get a vaccine (Picture: AP)More than 150 employees at a hospital in Houston have either been sacked or have resigned after they refused to follow a company policy requiring them to get vaccinated against Covid.Houston Methodist Baytown has said that among 200 workers who were told they must get vaccinated by June 21 or face having their contracts terminated, 153 staff members have left the company.The departures came this week af
- Bitcoin has rebounded after a volatile session in which it fell below $30,000, recovering losses sparked a day earlier when China's central bank deepened a crackdown on cryptocurrencies.
- Tens of thousands of people attended the five-day Redneck Rave festival at Blue Holler Offroad Park in the small town of Mammoth Cave, 90 miles south of Louisville, last week.
- So many to choose from (Picture: Getty)Grab your gingham and best wicker basket, as National Picnic Week is here.The weather may have taken a little turn but there are still sunny intervals to enjoy.So if you’ve got your food and picnic accessories at the ready, the only thing left to decide on is location.The good news is that the UK is brimming with brilliant picnic spots and new research from HelloFresh has uncovered some of the best in the country.Numerous places in London make it into
Amy Walsh has opened up on the importance of Emmerdale’s postnatal depression storyline and the research she did to make it as realistic as possible. The actress, 34, plays Tracy Metcalfe in the soap and is currently portraying the character’s struggle with postnatal depression after the birth of her daughter, Frankie.In order to portray the difficult scenes as accurate
- Researchers say they were unable to identify what the ‘tuna’ substance actually was (Picture: Getty Images)A test on the tuna used in Subway sandwiches failed to identify any tuna DNA.A reporter from the New York Times bought more than 60 inches’ worth – 10 sandwiches – from three stores in Los Angeles.They then sent them to a specialist fish-testing lab, but researchers say they were unable to identify what the ‘tuna’ substance actually was.A lab spokes
- Rachel Zane is underrated and you know it (Picture: Getty Images)A lot of people bang on about Meghan Markle AKA the Duchess of Sussex AKA seemingly the most bloody polarising bloody woman on the bloody planet.Whether you love her or hate her, or just feel quite ambivalent about her and what the family she is a part of represents at large, you cannot tell me she hasn’t dominated your social media feeds for the past… well, what feels like an eternity.There are certain people who will
- Many countries are refusing access to people from the UK or requiring periods of quarantine, due to concerns about the Delta variant which is now widespread across the country
- Developers behindthe Cambo oilfield plan to extract 150 million barrels of oil under proposals handed to Downing Street by Siccar Point Energy.
- A survey of 2,000 adults in England was commissioned by Medicspot which provides day 2 and 8 tests for amber travellers, and found there are plenty of ‘amber gamblers’
- Jill Biden was in Tennessee to encourage Americans to getvaccinated but missing from her visit was missing people lined up to get their shot as the first lady combats vaccine hesitancy
- Amylee Gemmell claimed that the delivery driver 'stared and winked' at her when he dropped off her food and then called her phone. She said the incident has left her scared
- England beat Czech Republic 1-0 yesterday to advance as group winners and set up a clash against the second placed side in group F at Wembley on Tuesday.
- Becky and Georgia fell pregnant in the same month and had their children 13 days apart (Picture: Triangle News)Willow and Woody Ashford-Singer are siblings born 13 days apart – after their mums got pregnant at the same time through a sperm donor.Becky Ashford-Singer, 28, was inseminated first, with wife Georgia falling pregnant six days later.The pair had been trying for months so were amazed when they evenutally both had positive pregnancy tests four days apart.Now, the pair are both endu
- A wedding shop owner has faced a backlash after putting a plus-sized mannequin in a wedding dress in the window, due to members of the public rude comments
UK denies Russian claims that its military dropped BOMBS in path of Royal Navy destroyer near CrimeaThe Ministry of Defence has denied Russian claims that warning shots and bombs were fired at Royal Navy destroyer HMS Defender near Crimea on Wednesday.
- The elephant was killed as he slept (Picture: SWNS)A zoo has launched an investigation after one of its bull elephants killed another in a night-time attack.M’Changa, a 12-year-old African elephant, had been sleeping when the other bull struck at Noah’s Ark Zoo Farm, near Wraxall, North Somerset.He died shortly after the incident, which comes after it was reveled new laws could stop elephants from being brought to UK zoos and safari parks in the future.
The zoo said its keepers
- Lopetegui rejected a ‘dizzying offer’ to take over at Spurs (Picture: Getty)Sevilla head coach Julen Lopetegui has become the latest name to reject an offer to become the new Tottenham boss.Spurs parted company with Jose Mourinho in mid-April but are still searching for his successor.Mauricio Pochettino was strongly linked with a return to north London while the club has held talks with Antonio Conte, Paulo Fonseca and Gennaro Gattuso over the role.Negotiations with each of those can
- The Delta Plus coronavirus variant, known as AY.1, was first detected in the UK in April, and a recent increase in cases in India has led its government to declare it a variant of concern
- Dashcam footage shows the dark coloured hatch-back ignore the flashing lights warning motorists to give way to trams as it creeps through the North Melbourne roundabout moments before disaster.
- Jasmine bought her van last summer (Picture: Jasmine Wilson / SWNS.COM)When you hear someone lives in their van, your first thought might be that it’s a money-saving measure.
But Jasmine Wilson, 28, could definitely afford a proper house, considering she earns $300,000 (around £220,000) a year.
So rather than moving into a van out of need, for the senior product designer from Battle Creek, Michigan, van life is a choice.
‘I always really liked road trips because my mom used to
- ONS figures released today show home workers only spend six-and-a-half hours a day on work. People still commuting in spent around seven hours and 15 minutes a day working.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!