New York City police officers are reportedly planning a strike on July 4 (Picture: ABC News)New York City police officers appear to be planning a strike on July 4 in response to calls to defund police departments across the country.
The New York Post reported that two messages are circulating throughout the city’s police department encouraging officers to stay home on Independence Day.
One of the messages says the strike will begin at 3pm on July 4.‘NYPD cops will strike on July 4th
- Never say never (Pic: Square Enix)While he can’t announce it yet, Naoki Yoshida seems confident that Final Fantasy 14 will release on Xbox at some point.Considering how huge Final Fantasy 14 is, easily becoming one of Square Enix’s most popular and lucrative games, it’s kind of shocking that it has yet to release for the Xbox platforms.Director Naoki Yoshida (also known as Yoshi-P) has been frequently asked about a potential Xbox release, and while he can’t outright confi
- Can you guess what they are? (Picture: Getty)The most popular baby names of the year have been revealed.While there have been numerous shifts in the top 10 names for both boys and girls, the front runners have stayed put.Despite a tumultuous year, Oliver and Olivia remain as the number one names, the former for the tenth year in a row and the latter for the fifth – according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).However, this changes when you look at the age of the mothers choosing t
- Lord Sugar isn’t impressed (Picture: Artur Widak/NurPhoto/REX/Shutterstock)Lord Alan Sugar has claimed The Repair Shop needs a bit of a revamp to go back to its roots.The 74-year-old businessman – who fronts The Apprentice on the BBC – has urged the broadcaster to ‘fix’ the programme and even suggested they’re ‘ruining’ the show by focusing on the emotional side of the stories on screen.He tweeted: ‘People really like the show The Repair Shop
- Colin Powell was the living embodiment of Rocky Balboa's famous speech about life not being about how hard you can hit, but about how many times you can get hit and still keep picking yourself up again.
- The Queen has granted Southend city status in tribute to Conservative MP Sir David Amess, the veteran politician who led a decades-long campaign for the move for the Essex seaside town.
- Londoner Patrick Sam Kourosh Demilecamps, 25, claims he was kidnapped and held captive in Italy for eight days by the gang to extract €7,000 (£5,900) from his wealthy family.
- Colorado State University, where tuition is $31,712 a year for out-of-state students, is threatening any student who doesn't register their vaccine status with arrest for trespassing.
- Former Warrington school teacher Craig Ward, who bombarded a male student with sexually explicit messages, telling him he wanted to have sex with him, has now been banned for life
- The junction was built by National Highways to connect a large distribution park, used by Tesco, Lidl, Amazon and The Range, to the M49 near Avonmouth, Gloucestershire.
- Coventry Court Crown today heard details of brain injuries that Arthur sustained after allegedly being attacked by his stepmother Emma Tustin at their home in Shirley, near Solihull, last June.
- A family of six have bemoaned having to pay to park part of their fleet of five cars on the street outside their Aldershot home.
- At today's inquest at Oxford Coroner's Court, Lieutenant Sergeant Robert Padgham said the elephant had attacked Guardsman Mathew Talbot, 22, and flung him into the air on its tusks.
- Three white men are charged with fatally shooting Ahmaud Arbery (right), a black man who was running in their neighborhood (Pictures: Getty Images)Jury selection begins Monday to hear the trial of three white men charged with fatally shooting Ahmaud Arbery, a 25-year-old black man who was running in their neighborhood.
This week, a dozen jurors will convene in the small coastal city of Brunswick, Georgia, to judge the actions ofGregory McMichael, 67, his 35-year-old son Travis McMichael, and the
- Felix’s fate is up in the air (Picture: Lime Pictures)Felix Westwood’s (Richard Blackwood) life is on the line in Hollyoaks, with Warren Fox (Jamie Lomas) having made it his mission to kill him.
The popular character was horrified to discover that former best mate Warren was responsible for carrying out the robbery on Price Slice earlier this year – an incident which left Walter Deveraux (Trevor A Toussaint) fighting for his life.He confronted Warren on the matter, but Wa
- Things get seriously menacing (Picture: ITV/Metro.co.uk)Coronation Street actor Will Mellor has warned fans that there are some incredibly dark scenes on the way that will ‘push the bar’.
The ITV soap is about to commence it’s Super Soap Week, which will feature a number of huge storylines and stunts.
One of the stories sees Harvey Gaskell (Will Mellor) escape from police custody following a prison van crash.
The drugs baron sets off for the cobbles, hellbent on exacting his re
- Chris Martin admitted Coldplay’s attempts at writing a Bond theme were ‘not very good’ (Picture: Charles Sykes/Invision/APChris Martin has revealed Coldplay wrote no less than five potential Bond themes but never submitted them as they weren’t very good.The band had attempted to write the theme for five of the famous films over the last 20 years, but Chris himself admitted they simply weren’t up to the task of writing a theme suitable for the blockbuster series.
- The team of veterans have taken part in the Waterloo Uncovered project to work on the diorama, which will be the size of a tennis court when it is finished in 2022.
- Downing Street insisted it did not have any immediate plans to bring back restrictions in England but admitted it would keep a 'close watch' on the situation.
- The Prince of Wales, 72, appeared in Cop26: In Your Hands and said when he was Prince George's age 'people had no idea about the damage' caused by climate change.
- Zoe Johnson applied for a teaching assistant vacancy near her home in Canterbury, Kent in 2013, but was left confused after receiving a reply to her application eight years later
- WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES: Morritz, a 12-week-old black and white kitten, died after being stuffed inside a washing machine after it pooed in the house of Catherine Young, 54
Worrying theories emerge about what's happened to missing Cleo Smith, 4, at Blowholes campsite in WAInternet sleuths are desperately trying to help police solve the mystery of what happened to missing four-year-old Cleo with a string a theories emerging online which may shed light on the disappearance.
- Jamie Redknapp and Frida Andersson are reportedly married (Picture: Getty)Jamie Redknapp has married pregnant girlfriend Frida Andersson in a secret wedding, it has been claimed.The former footballer, 48, has reportedly tied the knot with the model, 37, in a low-key ceremony in London, surrounded by their loved ones.According to reports, the couple, who are set to welcome their first child together very soon, said their vows at Chelsea Registry Office earlier today, in front of their nearest and
- Mendy did everything he could to stop Brentford from scoring (Picture: Getty Images)Edouard Mendy is the ‘final, missing piece’ for Chelsea and could get Thomas Tuchel’s side ‘over the line’ in the race for the Premier League title, according to Peter Crouch.The Blues forked out £22million to sign the goalkeeper from Rennes last September following multiple shaky performances from Kepa Arrizabalaga between the sticks.Mendy has been a consistent and commanding
Trainspotting author Irvine Welsh’s Crime series revealed with gritty and intense first-look trailerDougray Scott stars in the upcoming series (Picture: BritBox/ Metro grab)The first peek at Irvine Welsh’s TV series Crime has been revealed.The upcoming BritBox show, which is set to launch next month on November 18, is the Trainspotting author’s first move into the world of TV and is an adaptation of his own 2008 book of the same name.In the trailer, we get to meet Dougray Scott as Detective Inspector Ray Lennox, who is fighting with his own inner demons and working on serious crime
- Amy Beardwood, 27, is 34 weeks pregnant and fears she will be homeless before her baby arrives (Picture: Liverpool Echo)A heavily pregnant woman has said she is worried she may find herself homeless just two weeks before her due date.Amy Beardwood, 27, says she has been ‘crying everyday’ and has been warned the stress of her situation could cause her to go into labour early.She moved into her current home in Norris Green, Liverpool, to care for her disabled brother after their grandm
- A presenter on the Kremlin-run Rossiya 1 news channel claimed that CNBC's Hadley Gamble 'caked her legs in oily shimmer' to distract President Putin during an energy forum TV session.
- In years to come it is likely we will see fewer royals around and a recalibration of what it means to be a working member of the royal family
- The MP’s friends in parliament called for new laws in his name against online abuse (Picture: PA; Getty)Sir David Amess was remembered as a ‘dedicated’, ‘kindhearted’ and ‘steadfast servant’ of British democracy in moving tributes by MPs today.The murder of the Conservative MP for Southend West prompted a rare show of unity in the House of Commons, where figures from all parties paused debate to share touching anecdotes and words of praise for the father
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!