- Many have been complaining on social media of their money disappearing, being unable to make payments or even log in.
- Shocking figures were reportedly presented to the Government’s key advisors in July (Picture: Adam Vaughan/REX/Reuters)Almost 75,000 people could die from non-coronavirus causes as a result of the UK lockdown, an alarming report presented to the Government’s key advisors warns.Research presented to the Government’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE) states 16,000 people lost their lives in care homes and hospitals in March and April, amid fears the NHS could be co
- Nicola creates greeting cards featuring Black characters (Picture: Ella Byworth for Metro.co.uk)Welcome to Black Owned, a series that celebrates the brilliant Black entrepreneurs doing bits in the UK.
Despite the challenges, the community continues to create important and brilliant work – and we’re here to make sure that you know about it.
This week, we’ve got artist Nicola Lespeare. She’s founded her own representative greeting cards company in a bid to put Black charact
- Students on lockdown in Parker House halls in Dundee issue a cry for help (Picture: Alamay Live)Students banned from socialising after a coronavirus outbreak in their halls saythey ‘feel like prisoners’ as they face spending the next two weeks trapped in tiny rooms.
All 500 residents at Parker House in Dundee were asked to quarantine until contact tracing is complete after one person tested positive earlier this week.Students are being told to stay in lockdown even if they test negat
- Just after 2.30pm on Saturday Fire and Rescue NSW and the Rural Fire Service responded to reports of an out of control blaze in bushland off Surprise Court in Bligh Park, near Windsor.
- Dax has been sober for 11 days (Picture: Amy Sussman/Getty Images)Dax Shepard is over a week sober, after relapsing on painkillers.The 45-year-old opened up on having a relapse following his recent injuries caused in a motorcycle accident on an episode of his podcast Armchair Expert called ‘Day 7’.Speaking to his co-host Monica Padman, Shepard – who has two daughters with wife Kristen Bell – explained that while he was celebrating his 16th sobriety birthday, he was high o
Britain’s Got Talent Whitney Houston tribute act Belinda Davids hopes Diversity’s BLM routine brings ‘change’ to the worldA Britain’s Got Talent singer hopes Diversity’s BLM routine brings ‘change’ (Picture: Dymond/Thames/Syco/REX)A Britain’s Got Talent Whitney Houston tribute act hopes that Diversity’s Black Lives Matter routine brings ‘change’ to the world.The dance troupe – who were crowned winners of the ITV series in 2009 –blessed viewers with a moving routine in the first semi-final, which included references to George Floyd’s death earlier thi
- Student Samantha Stone swerved off the road and wrote off the brand new Mini Cooper her granddad had bought her - and her mum found a very unique way of breaking the bad news to him
- This story starts on a rainy night in February, when my housemate Esther and I had been invited on an impromptu night out in east London. The two friends we went with indulged in a few too many pre-cab vodka squashes, and promptly got thrown out of a club by the bouncer. They stumbled off into the night together, leaving Esther and I alone and a little deflated at a night cut short. We headed home, drank months-old boxed white wine, knocked most of the furniture over, ate kebabs and ev
- (Picture: Endemol Shine)Bella (Courtney Miller) and Nikau (Kawakawa Fox-Reo) recently went on an adventure together after Bella decided she couldn’t cope with an upcoming police interview with Angelo Rosetta (Luke Jacobz). The homicide detective has been investigating the death of Ross Nixon (Justin Rosniak), her father, and wanted to go over her statement.Not wanting to implicate Colby (Tim Franklin), she went away from the Bay with Nikau, but it wasn’t long before Mac (Emily Weir),
- (Picture: ITV)Paddy Kirk (Dominic Brunt) and Chas Dingle’s (Lucy Pargeter) relationship is on the rocks in Emmerdale, but will the pair ultimately go their separate ways?
It became apparent to viewers during the Chas and Paddy lockdown episode (June 22) that there was something not quite right in the couple’s relationship.Chas was seemingly more aware of this than Paddy, and audiences were left wondering if there could be trouble ahead.Unfortunately, there is trouble for the pair&rsq
- (Picture: BBC)Linda Carter (Kellie Bright) and Max Branning (Jake Wood) have evidently grown rather close in EastEnders during lockdown, but could passion be about to ensue between the two?
Upon the BBC One soap’s return, it was revealed that Linda had been having regular Zoom chats with several of Walford’s finest while in lockdown.Among those she virtually hung out with were none other than Max — something which Max confirmed when he claimed that baby Abi loved her Zoom playd
- (Picture: ITV)Geoff Metcalfe (Ian Bartholomew) has no allies left after his true colours were exposed and, now that he has lost the control that he craves, he is more unpredictable than ever in Coronation Street. And soon he has Daniel Osbourne (Rob Mallard) and his girlfriend Nicky Wheatley (Kimberly Hart-Simpson) in his sights. Daniel recently snatched an envelope of cash that Geoff had left at the solicitors’ office and he offered the money to Nicky when he thought she could use it
- Andreas Christensen was sent off for Chelsea last weekend (Picture: Getty Images)Arsenal legend Martin Keown has labelled Chelsea’s defence ‘a disgrace’ and believes Frank Lampard must reinstate Antonio Rudiger in the first team.The Blues have won two of their first three matches this season, but were beaten 2-0 by Liverpool in the Premier League last weekend, with Andreas Christensen shown a straight red card.There is little shame in losing to the champions, but Keown believes
- London has been placed on the national lockdown watchlist due to a spike in cases, with Government advisors warning the capital's R rate may now be as high as 1.5.
- The 35-year-old woman suffered a cardiac arrest during the terrifying incident and was rushed to hospital after a lifeguard tried to revive her
- The 2020/21 budget, to be delivered on October 6, will be the 'most unprecedented investment in Australia's future', the Prime Minister told reporters in Adelaide on Saturday.
- Minutes from the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE) reveal the plan was considered but eventually advised against because it was thought it would be unsuccessful.
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik welcomed a baby girl (Pictures: Getty / Instagram)Gigi Hadid has blessed us with an adorable picture of her baby girl decked out in gifts from Taylor Swift and Donatella Versace.The supermodel welcomed her first child with Zayn Malik, 27, last weekend, with the couple confirming the news on social media.And, taking to her Instagram story, the 25-year-old shared a snap of her new arrival lying down, snuggled in a homemade pink blanket made by her ‘auntie’ Tay
- Molly Russell, from Harrow in north west London, ended her life in 2017 after showing 'no obvious signs' of severe mental health issues but having viewed disturbing content on social media platforms, an inquest heard
- Petr Cech put new Chelsea signing Edouard Mendy through his paces at Cobham on Friday (Picture: Getty)Chelsea legend Petr Cech donned his training gear to help put new signing Edouard Mendy through his paces during his first training session with the club.
The 28-year-old signed from Rennes earlier this week following protracted negotiations and will immediately put pressure on under-fire Kepa Arrizabalaga for the No.1 spot.Mendy will not make his debut against West Brom on Saturday with Frank L
Coronavirus news live: 6,874 new cases recorded in the UK and Tfl says no change in passenger numbers despite work from home pushThe rules around face coverings were tightened this week(Picture: PA)Another 6,874 people have tested positive for coronavirus in the UK, bringing the overall number of cases – as of Friday – to 423,236.It marks the second day in a row when the number of new cases announced is higher than at any point during the pandemic.
Having not seen 6,000 cases a day since early May, the country has now breached this threshold for three days in a row.Meanwhile, Tfl has reported hardly any change
- Residents at the Birley campus and Cambridge Halls at Manchester Metropolitan University have been told to stay in their rooms for 14 days after 127 students tested positive for the coronavirus
- The Tribal Chief attacked his real-life cousin (Photo: WWE)This week, SmackDown was stolen by Roman Reigns, Jey Uso, Alexa Bliss and “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt with hints that two of WWE’s best stories are crossing paths.Halfway through last night’s show, Jey came to the ring and questioned the Tribal Chief’s intense look at him last week as he seemed more like an enemy than his family.They played a typically cracking video with members of the A’noai family &ndash
- Manchester Metropolitan University students (pictured) at two accommodation sites in the city have been instructed to self-isolate for 14 days following a spike in coronavirus cases.
- Pacquiao and McGregor look set to fight (Picture: Getty)Manny Pacquiao vs Conor McGregor appears to be on after a statement emerged from the eight-weight boxing world champion’s team.McGregor tweeted on Friday that he will be ‘boxing Pacquiao next in the Middle East’ after confirming failed attempts to set up fights in the UFC.Now Pacman’s side have verified that, with a statement being released from his business partner Jayke Joson, via The Inquirer.‘For the sake o
- Bikie strongman Toby Mitchell is the new boss of the Mongols Outlaw Motorcycle Gang. Mitchell was formerly a senior member of the Bandidos until 2013 - an arch rival of the Mongols.
- Rabih Abdulrahman, 37, ran over the Year 7 student who had been walking to school in Hurstville, in Sydney's south-west, in September last year.
- The Australian Federal Police (AFP) has already arrested 161 disgusting predators and saved 134 children from abuse this year alone.
- Not a normal day at the office for Connie and the team (Picture: BBC)‘We’re going on lockdown!’ Connie Beauchamp (Amanda Mealing) dramatically announces in tonight’s Casualty.
The presence of the ‘L’ word and the sight of people in haz-mat suits is presumably why this episode was pulled from its original scheduled date in April, just as the country locked down for real and medics in full PPE became a scarily common sight.This means that we’re going to ne
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!