- The National Trust has come under fire aftervolunteers at the Georgian Italianate palace in Suffolk were asked to wear rainbow colours and symbols to mark Pride Month.
- Bukayo Saka was one of the players who received racist abuse (Picture: Getty Images)Nearly a dozen people have been arrested over the online racial abuse of England players following the Euros 2020 defeat against Italy.
Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Bukayo Saka were victims of abuse after they missed penalties in the shoot-out final at Wembley last month.It led to condemnations by the Prime Minister, England manager Gareth Southgate and the Football Association.
Out of the 207 posts on socia
- Who is taking to the Strictly dance floor this year? (Picture: BBC/Metro.co.uk)It’s nearly time to fire up the ballroom once again, as Strictly Come Dancing returns to screens for its 2021 series.While the 2020 season of the show – which was won by Bill Bailey and Oti Mabuse – might have been shorter than usual in the wake of Covid, this year we’re promised the show will return with a full-length season in all its foxtrotting, tango-ing glory (even if we do have to wait a
- Look who’s back! (Picture: ITV)Qasim Akhtar has reprised his Coronation Street role as Zeedan Nazir is set to return on a long term basis; bringing trouble to the doors of sister Alya (Sair Khan) and gran Yasmeen (Shelley King).
Zeedan was at the centre of a host of major storylines including the affair of his wife Rana with Kate and also the departure of his grandfather Sharif.
He also lost his father Kal in a fire. He was last seen quitting the family business of Speed Daal and starting
- The majority of ethnic minority workers have experienced racial harassment at work in the last five years (Picture: Getty/Metro.co.uk)Experiencing or witnessing racism while at work is a horrible thing to have to navigate.Those on the receiving end of racist remarks, actions or microaggressions, often struggle with whether or not they should speak out about it, and if they do – how to do it without jeopardising their own professional position.The pressures of coping with racism in the work
Coronation Street spoilers: 25 new images reveals Todd left to die, Hope horror exposed and sex shockTodd’s car crash horror, Tyrone’s confession and Daisy makes her move in unmissable Corrie scenes next week (Picture: ITV)There are shock revelations and bombshells aplenty for Coronation Street’s finest next week, as Todd Grimshaw (Gareth Pierce) gets knocked down!Shona Platt (Julia Goulding) makes a huge error that could cost her everything, when she tells David (Jack P Shepherd) that she hit something.
David, shocked, accompanies her to check for evidence, but failing to fin
- Donny van de Beek is back at Man Utd and looks better than ever (Picture: Getty Images)Bruno Fernandes is impressed with Donny van de Beek’s hard work over the summer as the Dutchman hopes a new stronger physique can see him muscle his way into the Manchester United first team.Van de Beek arrived at Old Trafford last summer from Ajax for a fee of £35m, possibly rising to £40m with add-ons and with plenty of fanfare after impressing for the Dutch club and the Netherlands nationa
- Travellers returning from red list countries will pay more than £200 a night (Picture: PA/Rex)The cost of quarantine hotels in England will shoot up by more than £500 later this month.Amid yet more changes to the government’s travel policy during the coronavirus crisis, returning from a ‘red list’ country into one of the facilities will now cost a couple with a young child more than £4,000.Mexico, Georgia and the French overseas territories of La Reunion and M
The Crown season 5: Elizabeth Debicki spotted filming as Princess Diana with young princes for the first timeThe actress has been spotted in character on set in Scotland (Picture: Peter Jolly / Northpix)Production is well underway on The Crown season 5, and now Elizabeth Debicki has been spotted as Princess Diana on the set of the hit series for the first time.The Australian actress looked regal among her surroundings as she stepped out in Scotland to film with two young actors playing Prince Harry and Prince William.The new pictures show the 30-year-old in character as the princess, dressed in a navy
- Dating app Bumble is stepping up to help sexual assault victims (Getty)Dating app Bumble is to start offering users trauma support for sexual assault.The app, which gives women the power to choose who they want to talk to, is partnering with Bloom, an online service run by UK-based Chayn.When a survivor reports sexual assault or relationship abuse to Bumble’s feedback team, they will be provided with a code to access up to six therapy sessions as well as one-to-one chat support.The service
- Chelsea blew a two-goal lead in their pre-season friendly with Tottenham at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday (Picture: Getty)Chelsea fans returned to Stamford Bridge last night and wasted little time in mocking their Tottenham counterparts over the absence of their talisman Harry Kane.
Blues supporters were treated to the sight of the Champions League trophy ahead of kick-off, as captain Cesar Azpilicueta paraded the silverware Thomas Tuchel’s side won back in May following a 1-0 win over Manc
- There are major scenes ahead (Picture: ISO Images)Kat Slater (Jessie Wallace) will be central to some major court scenes just weeks after EastEnders filmed a huge fire and explosion stunt on Albert Square.
Jessie was pictured leaving a location shoot from a court in Kat’s signature make-up, although she had dropped the outfit and instead was much more comfortable in a David Bowie t-shirt and some slippers.
It comes after the cast spent a number of days filming for a huge week in September
- Stepdad John Cole is charged with murder and mum Angharad Williamson is charged with perverting the course of justice (Picture: Athena Picture Agency/Wales News Service)The step-father of a little boy found dead in a Welsh river at the weekend hasbeen charged with his murder.John Cole, 39, of Sarn, Bridgend, is due in court this morning accused of killing five-year-old Logan Mwangi.
Logan’s mother, 30-year-old Angharad Williamson, and a 13-year-old boy, who cannot be named due to his age,
- Long lines of pastry fans were pictured outside the Lune Croissanterie store in South Brisbane as the world-renowned bakery opened its doors in the city for the first time on Thursday morning.
- Charlie will likely not perform at any of the dates (Picture: Dave J Hogan/Getty Images for The Rolling Stones)Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts is unlikely to play the band’s US tour after undergoing a medical procedure.The 80-year-old’s reps confirmed that he had a ‘completely successful’ procedure, but now ‘needs proper rest and recuperation’, adding: ‘With rehearsals starting in a couple of weeks it’s very disappointing to say the least, but
- He faces jail for blowing the cash on foreign trips and cigarsThe former face of a designer shoe firm whose footwear has been worn by the Duchess of Sussex was warned he faces jail after falsely claiming £500,000 in personal expenses.Roy Luwolt, co-founder and director of Malone Souliers, blew the cash on foreign holidays, jewellery, nightclubbing — and even £650 cigars.The fashion brand, set up in 2014, has designed luxury shoes which have been worn by celebrities such as Megh
- A Melbourne man has apologised in court to two drunk women he admitted to raping after sticking an Uber sticker on his car and pretending to be a ride-share driver.
- The imagery of the supernova shows a powerful burst of light as a shockwave travels through the dying star moments before it detonates
- via mirror.co.ukPolice have said John Cole and Logan's mum Angharad Williamson, along with a 13-year-old boy, have been remanded in custody and will appear before Cardiff Magistrates’ Court on Thursday.
- Australians are really embracing Chinese cars with MG sales tripling in a year as Great Wall Motors sales quadrupled. Australia has also posted a record trade surplus thanks to China.
- Andrew Cuomo has not been seen in public since the attorney general's report was made public on Tuesday. For the second straight day he was hunkered down in Albany trying to save his career.
- A diver has died after being found unconscious in the water near Shelly Beach at Manly. Local lifeguards responded after two people were reported to be in trouble around 2pm on Thursday.
- Lindsey Boylan, who was the first woman to publicly accuse NY Governor Andrew Cuomo of sexual assault has announced plans to sue him and his staff for their effort to discredit her.
- A 34-year-old woman has died after suffering a rare blood clot after having the AstraZeneca vaccine.
- Premier Daniel Andrews said a short, sharp lockdown was the only way to stop the disease getting 'out of control' like it has in Sydney.
- Chris Cuomo on Wednesday night failed to address the scandal engulfing his brother - despite his name being mentioned in the damning attorney general's report.
- A stunning photo of the Olympic rings in downtown Melbourne in 1956 has wowed social media, sparking nostalgia for the city's fashions and taxis - and had many asking what happened to the rings?
- Children's remote controlled cars that have been in circulation across stores in Australia since July 2016 have been recalled after asbestos fibres were found to be released from the toy.
- New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy called anti-vaxxers heckling him during a speech about COVID-19 tenant relief on Wednesday the 'ultimate knuckleheads.'
Tokyo Olympics day 13, what you missed overnight: Asher-Smith returns to help GB set record as Hector Pardoe is elbowed in faceAsher-Smith helped Team GB to a record as Pardoe suffered a nasty injury (Picture: PA)The drama continued at the 2020 Olympics on day 13 in Tokyo as Team GB set a national record, claimed a 49th medal and suffered agony.Dina Asher-Smith returns from injury to set recordDina Asher-Smith overcame a hamstring injury to play her part in sealing a spot in the 4x100m women’s final.
She teamed up with Asha Philip, Imani-Lara Lansiquot and Daryll Neita to produce a 41.55 seconds run ans set a Brit
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!