- A 50-year-old man has been arrested after a man was fatally stabbed at around 2pm today, with Metropolitan Police officers cordoning off Kensal Green cemetery in north-west London
Holly Willouhgby was ‘totally distracted’ by an adorable baby dressed up as Buddy the Elf at the end of today’s episode of This Morning – and we can see why.Lisa Snowdon was presenting the fashion segment when she introduced the progamme’s youngest-ever contributor. and he completely stole the show.
‘Oh my goodness!’ Holly squealed. ‘How ol
- Although London and Liverpool were spared the harshest Tier 3 in small glimmers of light, just 700,000 people - one per cent of the population - will be subject to the loosest grade of restrictions.
- The site at Higher Shelf Stones on Bleaklow Moor near Manchester contains wreckage of the B29 Superfortress, a US plane which plunged into a ridge concealed by fog in 1948, killing 13 people on board.
- Rishi Sunak will need to find £40billion a year in tax rises and spending cuts by the middle of the decade if he is to restore balance to the nation's finances, the respected IFS think tank warned today.
- In the footage, the panicked six-year-old boy's head is seen poking out of the top of the large vase at his grandmother's home in Amazonas, north Brazil, on Tuesday, before his mother saves him.
It’ll be a ‘Christmas miracle’ if Robbie Williams claims number 1 with cheeky song Can’t Stop ChristmasRobbie Williams thinks it’ll be a Christmas miracle if he reaches number one (Picture: Getty Images)Robbie Williams has joked it’ll be a ‘Christmas miracle’ if he reaches number one on the singles chart for his latest tune Can’t Stop Christmas.The superstar has penned a cheeky Covid-19-themed festive single which takes a dig at social distancing (’tis the season on so many levels) but be that as it may, it doesn’t mean he’s gunning for the top of t
- Bukayo Saka is set for a spell on the sidelines (Picture: Getty)Arsenal are set to be without midfielder Bukayo Saka for the visit of Wolves to the Emirates this weekend.The 19-year-old was forced off in the dying minutes of the Gunners’ 0-0 draw with Leeds United at Elland Road on Sunday after a challenge from Stuart Dallas.Saka had only been on the pitch for less than half an hour, having emerged from the substitutes bench on the hour-mark.
Mikel Arteta feared Saka had sustained a long-t
- My parents are in their late 70s and live in the Midlands (Picture: Emma Reed)‘Have you spoken to your parents yet about Christmas?’ came the question again from a concerned husband.
My response each time was to mumble, shrug and attempt to dodge the issue.I didn’t want to tell them our plans, as if staying silent on the issue would prevent it from becoming concrete. I had decided that I was not going to see my parents over Christmas, which would mean that it would ju
- Cody Ronald Ward, 26, pleaded guilty in Sydney District Court to importing and supplying commercial quantities of prohibited drugs.
- Andrew Pickering and Gavin Newton were heard chatting in the loft when police arrived at the Sunderland branch of Greggs in October. Both were found and have now been jailed for burglary.
- Staff at the Ayrshire estate are hoping the animals - two females and one male - will lead to a breeding boom of Royal hoglets, partly to keep down slugs and other pests in the gardens.
- Great Ormond Street said the allegations are ‘truly awful’ (Picture: AFP via Getty)A former porter at Great Ormond Street Hospital has been charged with more than 80 child sex offences said to have been committed over three decades.Paul Farrell, 55, of Camden, north London, faces 84 charges including rape, attempted rape, sexual assault of a child under 13 and indecent assault on a male.The charges relate to seven victims, with the offences allegedly committed between 1985 and 2018,
- A court heard that Andrew Wadsworth, 37, stabbed beautician Melissa Belshaw, 32, to death in the front bedroom of her home in Billinge, Wigan, on the afternoon of May 20
- Sheffield United midfielder Sander Berge has been linked with a January transfer to Arsenal (Picture: Getty)Mikel Arteta believes Sander Berge being linked with a January move to Arsenal is a natural consequence of his links to one of his current assistants Albert Stuivenberg.Arsenal have made a mediocre start to the season, despite significant spending on new players during the summer. Thomas Partey arrived in a £45million move on deadline day, while Brazilian duo Gabriel Magalhaes and Wi
- Paul Pogba is out with an ankle injury (Picture: AFP via Getty Images)Manchester United hold concerns that Paul Pogba could be set for another lengthy spell on the sidelines with fears that he has suffered a similar injury to the one that kept him out for a huge chunk of last season.The 27-year-old has missed the last two games with an ankle problem, which was not thorught to be serious, but could be a reoccurrnce of the injury that cost him months of the last campaign.The Red Devils remain hope
- John Stevenson was found on the floor near his bed in Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taf, on March 12 (Picture: Daily Post Wales)A former BBC journalist and his partner were both found dead in the same room at home, an inquest has heard.John Stevenson, 68, was found on the floor near his bed in Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taf, on 12 March this year, a hearing in Pontypridd was told.He worked as a political correspondent for BBC Wales.The two men were discovered when police forced their way into the propert
‘Massive question marks’ – Paul Parker still not convinced by Manchester United’s Harry Maguire and Victor LindelofLindelof and Maguire caught a lot of flak at the beginning of the season (Picture: Getty Images)Paul Parker admits he is still not convinced by Manchester United centre-backs Harry Maguire and Victor Lindelof and believes ‘there will always be question marks’ over them.Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s first-choice pairing at the back came under fire at the start of the campaign for their woeful performances in the season-opening loss to Crystal Palace.United’s shoddy defending was
Kristen Stewart ‘feels protective’ over Princess Diana as she addresses pressure on playing the beloved royalKristen addressed ‘pressure’ of playing Diana (Picture: Getty)Kristen Stewart is set to play Princess Diana in new movie Spencer and opening up about taking on the iconic role, she says she ‘feels protective’ over the beloved royal.
Spencer is due to start production in January and it’s reported the film will centre around three pivotal days in Diana’s life during the early 90s.
It will see her spend Christmas at Sandringham Estate, as she realises her marriag
- Matt Hancock pictured with Alex Bourne at the Cock Inn in ThurlowThe former landlord at one of Matt Hancock’s favourite pubs is now supplying the Government with vials for Covid-19 tests despite never having produced medical supplies before. Alex Bourne’s company Hinpack switched from producing plastic cups and takeaway boxes for the catering industry to supplying the NHS with millions of medical grade vials via a distributor. Mr Bourne met the now health secretary when he
- Halima Aden, 23, who has fronted campaigns for Rihanna and Kanye West's clothing labels, has detailed a series of incidents which lead her to quitting the high fashion industry.
- (Picture: PA/REX)Danny Dyer is not a huge fan of fitness culture – and hasn’t minced his words when it comes to the likes of health and exercise guru Joe Wicks, who had millions keeping up their energy with lockdown routines.
The EastEnders star was speaking on his Dyer and Dyer podcast and revealed that, while he has admiration for those who hit the gym and get pumped, he finds they have ‘no banter.’
He explained: ‘I’ve met a lot of people who are healthy as
- A polar blast is bringing some of the chilliest days of the season along with freezing fog, and the Met Office has raised its severe cold weather alert to level 2
Londoners toast return to Tier Two on December 2 while those in Manchester fume over strictest curbsPub-starved Londoners have today toasted a return to Tier Two on December 2, while those in Manchester have been left fuming over facing tough Tier Three restrictions.
Shane Richie’s eldest son has spoken out furiously against I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! contestant AJ Pritchard, describing the dancer as ‘a little b***h’ over the dig he made over his dad’s cleaning skills.Earlier this week on I’m A Celebrity, AJ decided to take it upon himself to clean the pots and pans in camp while Shane –
- John Stevenson, 68, who broadcast many stories from Westminster including the response to the 9/11 attacks, was found at his home in Aberdare, South Wales.
- Regions have now found out what tier they will be inMore details about the new tier system coming into force after lockdown have been unveiled today.
People in England finally found out what rules they will be living under until at least Christmas, when some easing of restrictions will be allowed.
There will be a few blanket rules in place across each tier when lockdown ends on December 2, while restrictions on businesses opening and households mixing vary.Hairdressers, gyms and non-essential sh
- The Crown has had its biggest success yet (Picture: Netflix)The Crown season 4 has become must-watch TV – and new reports state early figures are bigger than Prince Charles and Princess Diana’s actual wedding in the UK.Within the space of the first week, the series was viewed more than 29million times across the world – as viewers became obsessed with the story of Charles and Diana, and their complicated marriage. It’s a massive shoot up in the number of viewers from
- Mum Svitlana was able to capture the long-awaited moment that her daughter was reunited with her cat, thanks to the staff at Cat Protection who managed to track him down
- A hotel concierge who has denied helping burglars raid Frank Lampard's home said he thought they were migrants hoping to build a better life in the UK.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!