- Data released by Bank of England shows borrowing peaked in the same month that one in six homes were sold for above asking price. Low mortgage rates are sending borrowing soaring.
- EXCLUSIVE: The Sunday People was instrumental in uncovering Met Police corruption in the 1970s as we uncovered Flying Squad officers were taking thousands of pounds in bribes from porn barons
- In an interview in which he speaks of his own mental health, ITV's Tom Bradby has said he thought Meghan Markle had an "untold story" and he decided to bring it out
- John Barnes would love to see Luis Suarez back at Anfield (Picture: Getty Images)John Barnes wants to see Luis Suarez return to Liverpool this summer if the Reds can snap him up on a free transfer and the veteran striker would be happy to play a bit-part role at Anfield.Suarez has had an impressive first season with Atletico Madrid, scoring 19 La Liga goals in 29 games and the team topping the table with just four games to play.The 34-year-old is under contract with Atletico until 2022, but Marc
- Fans predicted Seb’s death thanks to an Instagram post (Picture: ITV)Coronation Street viewers have spotted that a hint to Seb’s brutal death was accidentally leaked two weeks ago by another cast member. Seb Franklin’s (Harry Visinoni) death aired on Friday as he did not recover from his injuries following a violent attack on him and Nina by Corey (Maximus Evans) and his gang. While the tragic scenes left viewers devastated, some had suspected it may be comi
- TikTok user @Saltyroots207 shared a trick her mum had taught her to remove a ring if it becomes stuck on your finger using just a needle and thread
- Jersey fishermen have started giving away their lobster hauls for free after France issued a legal notice to British fishermen that they are no longer welcome into French ports.
- Timothy Price, 41, shot dead his wife Katherine Price, 36, on Tuesday morning. The Georgia couple who attended Baptist Church had three children.
- Tuchel has enjoyed success as Chelsea boss so far (Picture: Getty Images)Ben Chilwell has detailed what it’s like working under Chelsea’s ‘very, very demanding’ manager Thomas Tuchel.Since the German boss took over from Frank Lampard at the end of January, the Blues have managed to climb up into the top four and secure their place in both FA Cup and Champions League finals.Chelsea had to overcome Atletico Madrid, Porto and Real Madrid in the knockout stages of Europe&rsqu
- Amy says she saves £1,000 a month by living in a van rather than renting (Picture: MDW Features)When Covid-19 struck the world in 2020, our lives changed forever.
That was the case for freelance marketing consultant Amy Nicholson, 33, from Kent.
Living in rented accommodation at the time, Amy was saving up for a mortgage, but found her freelance work disappeared as the UK went into lockdown.
Suddenly, she was unable to afford her rent and bills.
But rather than letting this get her down, A
- EXCLUSIVE: Halil Karagozlu’s ultra-violent drill raps have 'embarrassed' his grandad who raised him - it’s a far cry from his appearance in Channel 4’s Educating the East End in 2014
- Investigators have interviewed at least three Democratic county executives in the expanded probe.
- Urgent measures to contain the variant are in the works in the town including surge testing and a strengthened vaccination campaign urging people to get the jab.
- For weeks after I came out, the dislike of my breasts intensified (Picture: Emma Flint)Ever since I went through puberty at nine years old, I’ve been embarrassed by my breasts.Nearly everyone at school commented on them. Boys would just grab them, while girls would tease me about needing to wear a bra – it felt relentless.Then as I got older, my discomfort with my breasts worsened. I always felt there was something wrong with them and that they didn’t look how they should.They
- Students posted a Nazi video on TikTok and sent it to their Jewish classmateStudents at a school in Iowa filmed themselves ‘goose stepping’ around the corridors while doing Nazi-style salutes.
The video – titled ‘Hitler Gang’ – was posted on social media with anti-semitic hashtags and sent directly to a Jewish classmate.
Police are investigating the incident after the video was reported to them by a concerned local resident in Grinnell.
The TikTok shows male s
- Kitaen, who has battled substance abuse in the past, died in her home in Newport Beach Friday morning.
- Björn confirmed there is new ABBA music this year (Picture: Getty)Björn Ulvaeus has confirmed the news we’ve all been waiting for – there is ‘definitely’ new ABBA music on the way.Yes, seriously.The Waterloo singers – also made up of also comprised of Benny Andersson, Anni-Frid Lyngstad and Agnetha Fältskog – went their separate ways in 1982, but have been teasing a possible reunion for years.Chatting to the Herald Sun, he announced that the tim
- Ryan Harrison, 28, was given the foil balloon from his grandmother Josephine, now 82, when he was born in Oxford in 1992. The inflatable was rediscovered by his parents.
- Georgina and Tom announced the exciting news with a baby bump picture (Picture: Georgina Cleverley)Former Towie star Georgina Cleverley has announced she’s expecting twins with her husband Tom.The sweet couple revealed that they’re ‘over the moon’ to make the announcement, with Georgina sharing a snap of her baby bump.‘Half way through ….Something has been cooking for a few months now, Our family is expanding and we are over the moon. ❤️’
- Alyssa Pallotti said ‘we all just feel very upset and very deflated’ (Picture: PA)Couples separated by border closures have spoken of feeling ‘completely forgotten’ in the Government’s green list for travel.The much-anticipated list sets out which countries tourists will be able to visit from May 17 without having to self-isolate on their return to England and includes Portugal and Gibraltar.However, people with partners living in countries not on the list face wait
- The opening of a store in Leipzig saw sell-outs – and a closure as a result – within two days (Picture: DPA/PA Images)Aldi may have been named the cheapest supermarket to do your big shop last year, but they could soon have competition.Russian retailer Mere is set to open in the UK, and they claim to be 30% cheaper than other discount grocers like Lidl and Aldi.Owned by Svetofor in Sibera, Mere has a ‘no service, no marketing’ policy that allows them to pass savings on to
- Emma Thompson rocked her Vogue cover (Picture: Juergen Teller)Emma Thompson has brought ‘a bit of fun’ to her Vogue shoot, with the star rocking some flamboyant looks as she opened up about turning 60.The Love Actually actress, who said she wanted to ‘perform’ rather than pose for her shoot, is seen rocking a flouncy red number as she was photographed in Central London – and she looks amazing.Emma, 62, explained how turning 60 has been a watershed moment for her.&ls
Jupiter’s Legacy: Ben Daniels reveals finale ending for Netflix superhero series was originally going to be extremely differentBen Daniels’ character Walter goes on quite a journey (Picture: Courtesy of Netflix)Warning: spoilers ahead for the season one finale of Jupiter’s Legacy.Ben Daniels, one of the stars of new Netflix series Jupiter’s Legacy, has revealed how the finale ending was originally going to be extremely different, teasing what his character Walter Sampson could have in store in future seasons.Jupiter’s Legacy, based on the comic book series of the same name by Mark Millar, tells t
‘Many men’ tuned in to BBC Woman’s Hour discussion on female orgasm for ‘information they didn’t have before’The men were ‘thankful’ for the information (Picture:Getty)Woman’s Hour’s discussion on the female orgasm attracted ‘many’ male listeners who were ‘thankful’ to learn information they did not know before.
Karen Dalziel, editor of the BBC Radio 4 programme, which was aimed at giving women ‘top tips’ on reaching orgasm, revealed that the show had also caught the attention of male listeners too. The piece in question was a discussion
- China's Long March 5B rocket body is predicted to make an uncontrolled re-entry on Saturday night or Sunday morning and experts say it is difficult to pinpoint where remnants might land
- Christine Forshaw, from Epsom, Surrey, feared she'd been left infertile after a 20-year anorexia struggle, but got pregnant at the fourth attempt after undergoing IVF
- Rio Ferdinand heavily criticised Erik Lamela for his failed bit of skill (BT Sport)Rio Ferdinand and Glenn Hoddle have slammed Erik Lamela for attempting a rabona during Tottenham’s 3-1 defeat to Leeds United on Saturday.Spurs’ hopes of securing a top-four finish are all but over as Ryan Mason’s side were beaten by Marcelo Bielsa’s men at Elland Road.Son Heung-Min had cancelled out Stuart Dallas’ early opener but Patrick Bamford’s goal put Leeds ahead by half
- A public nuisance charge against Senior Constable James Treanor was dropped at the first day of trial over the expletive-ridden tirade on Gold Coast on March 20 2019.
- A neighbour found a note from someone else living in the building warning them that they had come across four snakes which appeared to be escaped pets, with two even making it into their flat
- Wayne Rooney’s Derby County avoided relegation from the Championship by the skin of their teeth (Picture: Sky Sports)Wayne Rooney endured a roller-coaster of day but ultimately helped save Derby from relegation into League One following a dramatic final day of the Championship season.The Rams went into their last fixture of a tumultuous campaign with their fate in their own hands, knowing a victory would keep them afloat, but Sam Hutchinson’s goal in first-half injury time handed She
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!