- Paul Callan had an extraordinary career with the Mirror and was one of the most colourful journalists on Fleet Street. He reported for the paper from all over the world including the Falklands and China
- Phillip Schofield is struggling with the lockdown restrictions (Picture: Rex)Phillip Scofield has revealed on today’s episode of This Morning he’s at ‘breaking point’ over coronavirus lockdown restrictions.The presenter confessed he’s ‘had enough’ as he and Holly Willoughby hosted a debate on whether Christmas should be celebrated or cancelled this year after the Government announced three households will be able to mix for five days over the festive per
- Sir David Attenborough is bringing a new Dynasties special this Christmas (Photo by Shannon Finney/Getty Images)Sir David Attenborough is to present a new Dynasties special this Christmas, which will place a spotlight on the trials faced by a meerkat family.Dynasties: Meerkat, which will be narrated by Sir David, 94, follows a young meerkat queen called Maghogho, the BBC confirmed.The 60-minute programme will invite viewers to watch as Maghogho attempts to establish her dynasty in one of the har
- The government has released information on lockdown tiers for every area of England - and many are in the harshest Tier 2 and Tier 3 from December 2
- Pubs and restaurants can only serve alcohol alongside a substantial meal in tier two areas (Picture: AP)The Government has revealed where pubs can reopen when the new tier system comes into force in England.Prime Minister Boris Johnson confirmed on Monday that a tougher three-tiered system of restrictions will be imposed when the second national lockdown ends on December 2.He revealed more areas would be placed into the higher tiers to keep the virus under control, but said regions would have to
- Barack Obama is all for Drake playing him in a biopic (Picture: Reuters)Barack Obama is all for Drake playing him in a potential biopic, revealing that the star has his ‘seal of approval’.The former US president had nothing but praise for the rapper, 34, when asked about him in a new interview, with Obama, 59, championing Drake – who is set to drop his fifth studio album in January – for his talent.Appearing on Complex’s 360 with Speedy Morman, Obama addressed rumou
- The new tier system comes into force when lockdown ends next week (Picture: Getty)The new tier system will come into force in England on December 2 after lockdown ends, and with it a new set of rules.
The Government announced today what tier each area will be placed in, with most parts of the country set to be living under tiers two and three.
A Covid tier system was already in place before the second lockdown started on November 5, but the new one will be ‘strengthened’ with stricte
- The government website for people to check which lockdown tier they will be in has crashed within minutes of going live.Those accessing the website were told it was experiencing technical difficulties.More follows.Visit our live blog for the latest updates Coronavirus news live
- No 10 has released its postcode checker revealing which tiers each authority is under (Picture: Postcode Checker)Manchester and Birmingham will be plunged into tier three restrictions when England’s lockdown ends next week, the Government has confirmed.No 10 has published its so-called ‘postcode checker’ where people can find out what tier their area is in.London and Liverpool are in tier two, while Manchester and Birmingham have been put under the toughest measures that do not
- Frank Lampard has been blown away by Thiago Silva’s start at Chelsea (Picture: Getty)Chelsea are ready to take up the option of a second year for Thiago Silva after the defender’s impressive start to the season.Eyebrows were raised when Chelsea announced the free transfer back in August, given Silva recently turned 36, but the Brazil international has quickly settled into life in England after a worrying Premier League debut against West Brom.Silva has played a key role as Chelsea ha
- Most areas of England have been placed under tiers two and three (Picture: PA)The Government has announced which tiers each area of England will be in when the national lockdown ends on December 2.
The vast majority of places have been put under tiers two and three, which means they face the toughest restrictions.
The new system is slightly different to the one that was in place before the lockdown.
It is uniform and applies nationally without any negotiations with regional governments, meaning
Mum will never leave kids with her credit card again after they used it to buy shoes for their cockerelAn important lesson: don’t leave children alone with your credit card (Picture: Kennedy News)Denise Hosh has learned an important lesson: never, ever leave your children alone with your credit card.
How did she learn this lesson?
By handing over her card to her children Hannah, 13, and Matthew, 11, and allowing them to nip into the supermarket – only for them to return with a pair of sandals for their pet cockerel.
In their defence, the shoes were on sale, so at least they scored a b
- The fate of millions of people in London and Liverpool has been confirmed (Picture: PA)London and Liverpool will be placed under tier 2 restrictions when England’s national lockdown ends on December 2.The Health Secretary is about to confirm the fate of millions of people across England.Each area of England will be placed back into one of three tiers when the lockdown ends next week, but the majority of the nation is expected to be put under tier two measures.Only a small number of rural a
- Sitting at a laptop all day may be good for your job, but not for your health (Credits: Getty Images)Working from home during the pandemic means many of us may be getting even less exercise than before.There’s no more walking to the office, or running to catch a train or a bus. The lunchtime stroll may have vanished and getting to the gym is out of the question at the moment.Sadly, the sedentary lifestyles of many officer workers – whether at a corporate or home office – is hav
- The midfielder’s start at Anfield has been hampered by injury (Picture: Getty Images)Xabi Alonso has full faith that Thiago can go on to have as big of an impact at Liverpool as he did at Bayern Munich.The midfielder has endured a stuttering start to his Anfield career which has been blighted by injury.Thiago damaged his knee in last month’s Merseyside derby and has only made two appearances for the Reds since his £27million move from Bayern Munich back in the summer.Alonso lin
President Donald Trump phoned his lawyer Rudy Giuliani during a hearing-style event purportedly investigating voter fraud to claim ‘we won this election’ and demand that the result ‘has to be turned around’.He told a group of Republicans gathered in a hotel in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania: ‘This was an election that we won easily. We won it by a lot.’Mr Tr
- Kate Middleton and Prince William are very hands on with their children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, and they have a few strict rules
- People shopping in Derby city centre, ahead of the national lockdown (Picture: PA)Coronavirus infection rates in England ‘appear to be levelling off’ after the number of new cases detected fell slightly last week.
An estimated 633,000 people in private households in England had Covid-19 between November 15 and 21, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS). This is the equivalent of around 1.16% of the population.The figures are down from 664,700 people, or 1.22% of the po
- Paul Gascoigne today recalled telling Diego Maradona before a friendly match in Sevilla in 1992 that he was feeling tipsy, and the Argentinian footballer replied: 'It's OK Gazza, so am I'.
- This week's Office for National Statistics report, brought forward to coincide with England's local lockdown announcements today, shows 633,000 people are thought to be infected.
- Faizon (top, second from the right) has accused Universal Pictures of violating civil rights laws (Picture: Wild West Picture Show/Rex)Actor Faizon Love is suing Universal Pictures after he and Black co-star Kali Hawk were scrubbed from the poster for the movie Couples Retreat.The star has accused the company of committing an ‘act of racism’ by removing him and Kali Hawk – who played the only non-white couple in the film – from the international poster for the 2009 comedy
- Broadheath Day Nursery in Worcester, which will be able to look after 60 children at any one time when it finally opens in December, is expected to help shift workers strike a work-life balance.
- Wildlife photographer Kevin Birchall was taking shelter from the rain in Merseyside when he spotted the rat nibbling away at the bird seed and what happened next left him stunned.
- In the video, aired by Italy's state broadcaster RAI, a young woman dressed in high heels and squeezed into thigh high shorts, teaches women to shop in a supermarket sexily.
A first look at tonight’s episode of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! has been released, showing Shane Richie appearing to struggle alongside Hollie Arnold MBE in the Wicked Waterways challenge.On last night’s episode of the ITV programme, it was revealed that Eastenders star Shane and Paralympic athlete Hollie would be taking on the next trial in a bid to wi
- When Grace McKenzie was 25, the awkward bounce of a rugby ball changed her life. ‘It became my first ever try,’ she explains. ‘I’d only been on the field for 10 minutes and it had been terrifying until that moment. But then, the ball bounced weirdly and I ended up scoring.‘In that instant a passion was sparked and I knew I’d found the sport for me.’ Until then, as a transgender woman, Grace, had always assumed that she would never be able to pl
- John Nicholson, 68, from Gronant near Prestatyn, was convicted of intentionally killing a wild bird in Rhyl, Wales last January and disorderly behaviour by being abusive to police.
Jessica Plummer’s dad Keith believes his daughter’s trials have been ‘harder’ than the other campmates on I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!It’s no secret that the EastEnders has shown her fear in a lot of the trials she has taken part in, but her dad believes last night’s task was a game-changer for Jess.Speaking to Lorraine Kelly on Thu
Mike Tyson ‘knocking out teeth’ in sparring and is out to ‘hurt’ Roy Jones Jr, claims training partnerThe 54-year-old heavyweight is looking back to his old, brutal self (Pictures: Instagram / @miketyson)Mike Tyson’s training campmate claims the veteran heavyweight knocked out the tooth of a sparring opponent and has suggested any rules put in place for his fight with Roy Jones Jr. will go out the window as soon as he steps in the ring.The 54-year-old makes his highly anticipated return to the sport in an exhibition fight against former four-weight world champ Jones on Saturday in Californ
- Alex Bourne, the former landlord of the Cock Inn in Thurlow, West Suffolk, a few hundred yards from the Health Secretary's former constituency home, is now supplying two million medical grade vials.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!