Some people are drinking more to try and cope with the global circumstances (Picture: Getty)Millions of people are drinking more heavily due to the coronavirus pandemic, a leading charity has said.
Alcohol Change UK surveyed drinkers to find out the effect of lockdown and the virus.They found that almost one in three drinkers (29%) have been drinking at increasing or high risk levels over the past six months (over 14 units per week).Over half of drinkers (53%) said they have drunk alcohol for a
- Marcus Rashford has talked up Jadon Sancho (Photo by TF-Images/Getty Images)Marcus Rashford has endorsed Manchester United’s interest in Dortmund star Jadon Sancho by talking up the ability of his England team-mate.United failed with a move for the 20-year-old last summer, in what was the longest-running saga of the transfer window.Dortmund demanded £108million for Sancho but United didn’t get close to the Bundesliga club’s valuation and the winger was disappointed that h
- Footage has captured the moment Ricardo Cotteral, 32, loses control of his car at 100mph during a police pursuit then goes ploughing into traffic in Nottingham
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak has boasted he's pumping money into the coronavirus response - but there are plenty of other things that he wasn't shouting about quite so loudly. We've trawled through so you don't have to
- Christopher Dalton was humiliated in front of thousands of people online (Picture: Cavendish Press)A vigilante group humiliated a paedophile in front of thousands of people as they confronted him for targeting young girls online.
Christopher Dalton, 33, was quizzed by the Our Team paedophile hunters about explicit images he sent to investigators posing as girls aged 12 and 13.The group mocked him about his trainers and the size of his forehead and repeatedly pranked him as they streamed the enco
- Lionel Messi with Diego Maradona at the World Cup in 2010 (AFP via Getty)Lionel Messi has paid tribute to Diego Maradona following the Argentine’s death on Wednesday.Maradona has passed away at the age of 60 after suffering a cardiac arrest at his home in Buenos Aires.Both Messi and Maradona are widely regarded as two of the best players of all time, and the Argentine duo are often compared to each other due to their similar playing styles.Maradona also managed Messi with Argentina’s
- A jackpot of £9.1million is up for grabs in tonight's whopper quadruple rollover draw - so be sure to have your ticket and follow our live blog for the latest updates
- Home nurse Gwendolyn Theus, left, died while trying to save an elderly parapleglic patient after a fire broke out at the woman’s home in Dehli, Louisiana, on Monday (Pictures: Facebook/KLFY)A 64 year-old home nurse has been hailed as a hero after she died while trying to save a paraplegic patient from a fire. Gwendolyn Theus was overpowered by smoke and died while trying to wheel her 71 year-old patient’s bed out of the woman’s home in Dehli, Louisiana, on Monday.She had repeat
- Housemaster Matthew Mowbray, 49, touched schoolboys inappropriately during late-night visits to their bedrooms, Reading Crown Court heard. He has been found guilty of eight counts of child sex offences
- Police have released CCTV in the hopes of contacting this man in connection with the attack (Picture: British Transport Police London)A man who sexually assaulted and violently threatened a commuter on the Tube is being hunted by police.The attack happened on a southbound Northern line service on Monday August 3, between 6am and 6.30am. The female victim was sitting down on the train as it travelled between Elephant and Castle and Balham, when she was approached by a man.Without warning, he sudd
- Christopher Neate, 36, had spoken to his parents on the phone about plans to fly home just five hours before the tragedy in August last year. His dad said he had been struggling with his mental health
- The University of Iowa has suspended its chapter of Acaia Fraternity through 2024 over allegations of hazing involving alcohol consumption and other types of abusive behavior targeting pledges.
- Stars including Lorraine Kelly and author Matt Haig have been sharing their stories of miscarriage amid an outpouring of support for the Duchess of Sussex, 39, after she revealed she lost a baby.
- Research by the Halifax has revealed that a quarter of us have improved our relationship with neighbours since the pandemic
- Former President Barack Obama explained in an interview Wednesday with The Breakfast Club that what motivates people to vote is often about 'the stories that are being told.'
- Roxi needed emergency surgery(Picture:Deadline News)Dog owners have been warned to be careful of their pets around deliveries after a terrier was left with her jaws glued together.Scottish Terrier Roxi was left needing emergency surgery to unlock her mouth on Sunday after she chewed up a package.Vets Now in Kirkcaldy, Fife, explained that the glue from the parcel had reacted with Roxi’s saliva to form a ‘cement like’ mixture, binding her jaws shut.Images show the terrier’
- Lawyers at the firm Morgan Lewis said people must give their consent to be vaccinated and it is unlikely this would be considered valid under UK law if they were under pressure from their boss.
- It comes after Conservative MPs condemned London Mayor Sadiq Khan's plan to cut the capital's policing budget by nearly £110million.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has called Diego Maradona ‘an unparalleled magician’ (Getty Images)Cristiano Ronaldo has described Diego Maradona as ‘an unparalleled magician’ following the news of the Argentine’s death on Wednesday.Maradona has passed away aged 60 after suffering a cardiac arrest at his home in Buenos Aires.He is widely regarded as one of the best players in history after guiding Argentina to glory at the World Cup in 1986.Following the news of his death, tribut
- The 19-year-old is yet to put pen to paper on a new deal (Picture: Getty Images)Mikel Arteta has confirmed Arsenal have reopened contract talks with promising young striker Folarin Balogun.The 19-year-old’s deal at the club expires at the end of the season and negotiations over a new deal had previously stalled.There was plenty of interest in Balogun back in the summer and Sheffield United reportedly saw a £3million for the Gunners academy product rejected.
Arteta wants to keep hold
- The official Twitter account for the show shared details of the numbers on the big night, including that peak viewing numbers were 10.4million
- WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT: Mink killed during a Covid cull in Denmark have begun rising from the grave after gases released during composition caused their bodies to swell.
- Argentina football legend Diego Maradonahas died age 60 (Picture: Getty)Tributes have poured in for Argentine football legend Diego Maradona who has died age 60.
The World Cup winner and the national team’s former manager had been in hospital in Buenos Aires after surgery to remove a blood clot on the brain earlier this month.The AFA said on Twitter: ‘The Argentine Football Association, through its president Claudio Tapia, expresses its deepest sorrow for the death of our legend, Die
- Joel Gold, 47, from Deal, Kent, argued that he had used the phrase to describe the Nigerian man's importance in the organisation rather than as a racist slur.
- The latest figures have been announced after the Government yesterday announced three households will be able to join together under one roof in an exclusive ‘Christmas bubble’ for five days UK-wide, between December 23-27
- Eric Paul Mangold is facing federal charges over the security breach, which occurred just after dark on Sunday evening.
- In a sweet video, Magellanic penguins Tombo and Charlotte joined Izzy and Darwin for a day out at the Soldier Field Stadium in Chicago on Monday.
- Marion Panzica, 82, has leukemia and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) (Picture: MEN Media)A family have told how they’re desperate to ‘break’ their grandma out of her care home for Christmas as they fear loneliness could ‘kill her’.
Marion Panzica, 82, has leukemia, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), a lung condition, and is suspected to be showing signs of dementia. She currently lives in a care home in Droylsden after her
- Just 9,854 new infections were recorded in England yesterday, almost half of the number of diagnoses last Tuesday (18,626).
- Shelley King has been playing Yasmeen Nazir in Coronation Street (Picture: ITV)Shelley King is keen to swap the Coronation Street cobbles for the Secret Service, as she eyes up a role in a James Bond film.The actress – who plays Yasmeen Nazir in the ITV soap – thinks she would be perfect as a 007 villain in the long-running franchise.And we absolutely need this to happen.The 65-year-old is dreaming of going up against the suave spy, currently played by Daniel Craig, and wants to sugg
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!