- Melbourne recorded the coldest start to winter since 1943, reaching a maximum temperature of just 11.2C on Monday. Most of the country has endured a chilly start to the week.
- (Picture: ITV)Geoff Metcalfe (Ian Bartholomew) is running out of options now that his hold on Yasmeen Nazir (Shelley King) has weakened considerably in Coronation Street. With many residents of the Street turning on him, and Yasmeen having issued a plea of not guilty, Geoff is terrified that Yasmeen will take the stand and expose his true colours to the world.His one course of action is attempting to get Yasmeen back under his spell once more – which is why he intercepts Alya’s (Sair
- (Picture: ITV)There will be a familiar sight for Coronation Street fans in upcoming episodes as Carla Connor (Alison King) is back where she belongs – in the throne of Underworld.Recently, she has done a stint behind the bar at the Rovers to stand in for Jenny and Johnny (Sally Ann Matthews and Richard Hawley) but it was never Carla’s lifelong ambition to be a barmaid and she yearning for the cut throat rat race of running a business.As it happens, Nick Tilsley (Ben Price) is looking
- Mr Shorten told the Today show that people living inside Melbourne's locked-down social housing towers are 'battlers' who deserve to be treated as decently as anybody else.
- Donnie and Ronnie Gaylon the world's oldest living conjoined twins died on July 4, 2020 at the age of 68 in Dayton,Ohio. The brothers spent their life performing as a sideshow act in carnivals.
- (Picture: BBC)The TV Choice Awards’ shortlist has been revealed, and EastEnders leads the way in the soap category, wracking up an impressive five nominations.The BBC One serial drama received nominations for Best Soap, two Best Soap Actress nods — with Kellie Bright and Shona McGarty in the running — as well as two for Best Soap Actor, for Max Bowden and Danny Dyer.Meanwhile, Coronation Street received four including it’s nod for Best Soap, with Jack P Shepherd — a
- (Picture: Lime Pictures)Mitchell Deveraux (Imran Adams) wants nothing more than for Walter (Trevor A Toussaint) to be at his wedding in Hollyoaks, and therefore he takes action.
Mitchell was devastated when he came out earlier this year and grandad Walter disowned him.However, the preacher soon realised the error of his ways, and reconciled with Mitchell — something which made the young man incredibly happy.
What’s more, Walter offered him advice to mend things with Scott (Ross Adams
Hollyoaks spoilers: Darren Osborne reveals suicide trauma to Mandy Richardson after Kyle Kelly’s funeral?(Picture: Lime Pictures)Nancy Osborne (Jessica Fox) issued Darren (Ashley Taylor Dawson) with an ultimatum in Hollyoaks, but will he take her advice and open up to Mandy (Sarah Jayne Dunn) following Kyle Kelly’s (Adam Rickitt) funeral?
With Nancy having refused to go to Kyle’s funeral, Darren paid her a visit. There was still some friction between the pair, as Nancy believed her ex was to blame for Kyle’s death.However, Darren opened up about how he once contemplated suicide, a
- (Picture: ITV)While worrying about Moira Dingle’s (Natalie J Robb) well-being in Emmerdale, Cain (Jeff Hordley) makes a shocking discovery.
With Moira having been the victim of a hit and run, Cain is incredibly worried, and he and Matty (Ash Palmisciano) keep vigil at her bedside.
In fact, he’s so worried that — after Matty heads home — he secretly stays behind, and settles in to watch over her for the whole night.
The following day, Cain discusses Moira’s condition
- (Picture: ITV)Andrea Tate (Anna Nightingale) turns the tables on Jamie (Alexander Lincoln) in Emmerdale, as she blackmails him over his hit-and-run secret.
With Jamie having hit something on his way to locate Andrea, he begins to panic. However, Andrea swoops in to comfort him, claiming that he most likely hit an animal.
Lydia (Karen Blick) later confirms that Moira (Natalie J Robb) has been the victim of a hit-and-run — a revelation which leaves Jamie at a loss for words.
As he struggles
- (Picture: BBC)EastEnders stars Max Bowden and Tony Clay take centre stage in the next instalment of spin-off series Secrets From The Square.
The actors — who portray Ben Mitchell and Callum ‘Halfway’ Highway respectively — will take a trip down memory lane with host Stacey Dooley.Yes, Max and Tony will re-live their best moments on the soap thus far, revisiting iconic scenes such as their unforgettable first on-screen kiss — a moment which gave birth to the pairing
- (Picture: ITV)Coronation Street star Simon Gregson has revealed that Tracy Barlow (Kate Ford) is perfect for Steve McDonald.
The actor — who portrays Steve on the ITV soap — reminisced about the multiple weddings and marriages his character has had.
He said: ‘Hahah he is the Henry VIII of soap isn’t he!
‘He has been railroaded into marriage a couple of times but as daft as he is his heart is in the right place so he has always done it with the best intentions and be
Charlize Theron ‘heartbroken’ to be replaced by younger actress for Mad Max prequel: ‘It’s tough to swallow’Charlize Theron reacts to news a younger actress will play her character Furiosa in new Mad Max prequel (Picture: Getty/Warner Bros)Charlize Theron admits it was difficult to learn she would be replaced by a younger actress in the Mad Max prequel.
The 44-year-old had been the star of 2015 release Mad Max: Fury Road – appearing as war captain Furiosa in the post-apocalyptic thriller.She appeared in the movie alongside Tom Hardy, but as plans for a prequel are under way, it’s been repo
- The Victoria-NSW border will close at midnight on Tuesday night as states desperately try to stop the spread of coronavirus.
- Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, a close friend of Melania Trump and a former adviser to the East Wing, will release a memoir detailing her friendship with the first lady this fall.
- Seth Rogen is a big fan of I May Destroy You, obviously (Picture: Getty/BBC)Seth Rogen is just like us – he’s a massive fan of Michaela Coel and I May Destroy You too.
Coel’s blistering, singular comedy-drama is a heavy and necessary discussion and dissection over consent and assault in the modern-day.In the comedy-drama, Coel takes on the role of Arabella, a writer who is struggling to finish her second novel when she gets sexually assaulted on a night out.
Also starring Papaa
- Gov. Brian Kemp has declared a State of Emergency across Georgia following a holiday weekend surge of violence in Atlanta that saw 31 shot and five killed, including an 8-year-old girl
Manchester United remain keen on Jadon Sancho despite Mason Greenwood’s stunning form on the right wingCaption: United still want Sancho despite Greenwood emergenceDortmund superstar Jadon Sancho remains a priority target for Manchester United this summer despite the stunning form of Mason Greenwood on the side’s right flank.The 18-year-old has made the right forward position his own since Project Restart and he’s scored three goals in four appearances for the Red Devils since the competiton’s return.Greenwood is said to have put on around three kilograms of muscle during the th
- LONDON, ENGLAND – FEBRUARY 23: Matteo Guendouzi of Arsenal during the Premier League match between Arsenal FC and Everton FC at Emirates Stadium on February 23, 2020 in London, United Kingdom. (Photo by James Williamson – AMA/Getty Images)Arsenal star Matteo Guendouzi hasn’t trained with the first team for over a fortnight after being banned by manager Mikel Arteta.The Frenchman has been training alongside a fitness coach and without his team-mates for the last two weeks follow
- Mother-of-three Deena Evans (pictured), 39, and a male colleague were stabbed while responding to a home in Wolverhampton.
- Philadelphia police are investigating an incident that was captured on video that showed a white man pointing a gun at a black man for telling people to practice social distancing.
- Khloemae Loy, 23, was found dead at the Holiday Inn on Bugsby's Way, Greenwich, in south-east London, shortly after 10am on Sunday.
- The Lighthouse in Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset, the Fox & Hounds, in Batley, West Yorkshire and The Village Home in Alverstoke, Hampshire are the first pubs in England to close.
Victoria Beckham thrilled to have son Brooklyn back home in the UK after he spent lockdown in New YorkVictoria Beckham is ‘so happy’ to have son Brooklyn home after he spent three months in lockdown in New York (Picture: Getty/Instagram)Victoria Beckham was one happy mumma as she finally reunited with son Brooklyn after months apart.The former Spice Girl revealed that Brooklyn has now reunited with his famous family, after returning to the UK from the US.
Brooklyn, 21, has spent the last few months in lockdown over in the US with his girlfriend Nicola Peltz.
And all the time he&rsquo
- via mirror.co.ukBrad Edwards, a lawyer who represents the Duke of York’s sex accuser Virginia Giuffre and 54 other Epstein victims, has claimed other women have yet to come forward
Trump campaign uses picture of Christ the Redeemer in BRAZIL to claim president will protect statuesPresident Trump's message of protecting statues went beyond U.S. borders when the campaign used an image of Christ the Redeemer in Brazil in Facebook and Instagram ads.
- Ben Bradley, the Conservative MP for Mansfield, was one of several MPs to criticise the BBC on social media for its No Country For Young Women podcast.
- More than 2.6 million views have been generated by a video shared on Instagram on Sunday that shows former Miss Colombia Daniella Álvarez dancing after undergoing an amputation.
- Hugo Lloris and Son Heung-Min clashed at half-time (Picture: Getty)Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho described the bust-up between Heung-Min Son and Hugo Lloris as ‘beautiful’ and says he told the pair their argument boded well for the second half against Everton.Lloris raced after Son as Spurs’ players made their way for the tunnel at half-time and the pair had to be separated by their team-mates as their altercation turned ugly.
Lloris was furious that Son gave up on the ball afte
- Senior Republican Senator Chuck Grassley said he won't be attending the party's nominating convention for President Donald Trump this August and he cited the coronavirus as the reason.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!