Manchester United star Nemanja Matic sends message to Chelsea’s Callum Hudson-Odoi over substitution controversyCallum Hudson-Odoi was replaced after coming on as a substitute at Southampton (Picture: Stadium Astro)Nemanja Matic has reached out to Callum Hudson-Odoi and urged the winger to ‘be positive and keep going forward’ after being subbed on and subbed off in Chelsea’s 1-1 draw with Southampton at the weekend.Hudson-Odoi had started all but one of Thomas Tuchel’s opening five games at the helm in the Premier League before Chelsea trip to Southampton and will no doubt have bee
- Ellie Goulding and her mum Tracey have mended their relationship (Picture: Getty)Ellie Goulding’s mum has said the pair have reconciled after the singer previously said their relationship was ‘unfixable’. The Burn singer, 34, who is currently pregnant with her first child with husband Caspar Jopling, is said to have mended fences with her mother before her baby arrives. Her mum, Tracey, 56, told the Daily Mail: ‘All I want to say is that I am obviously very, ver
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic claimed athletes like LeBron James should stay out of politics (Picture: YouTube / Getty)LeBron James has hit back at Zlatan Ibrahimovic after the AC Milan striker claimed athletes have no place meddling in politics.
The LA Lakers star has been at the forefront of the fight for racial equality in America and was a regular critic of now former US President Donald Trump, but Ibrahomvic controversially claimed the NBA legend should focus on matters on the court earlier this week.
- Labor's leader in the senate Penny Wong has revealed she personally knew the woman who alleged she was raped by a senior government minister, and referred her to support services.
- John Higgins is in superb form this week at the Players Championship (Picture: Getty Images)John Higgins feels he is playing the best snooker of his incredible career after beating Mark Selby 6-0 in the Players Championship quarter-finals on Friday, but he still can only marvel at the performances Ronnie O’Sullivan is producing.Higgins turned in an incredible display on Friday afternoon, with Selby scoring just seven points in the entire match as he was whitewashed by the Wizard of Wishaw.
- The victim was left with a fractured cheekbone, bloodied and unconscious after the shocking attack on November 21 last year
- The People’s butt cheek(Credit: WWE)Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson showed off his bare butt cheek as he revealed his brutal list of injuries.The former WWE wrestler turned Hollywood star revealed he was taking time to recovery and heal with acupuncture as he shared a face down photo of him with a bit more on display than fans are used to.Keeping his sense of humour, he captioned the post: ‘Even though I look like a wounded, passed out drunk buffalo 🦬 laying face down i
- Peterlee Police posted on Facebook to share their perfect punishment with the community which involved a bucket of soapy water and some toothbrushes
- Chrishell Stause accused Keo Motsepe of lying about their break-up (Picture: instagram)Chrishell Stause has taken to Instagram to slam her ex-boyfriend Keo Motsepe, accusing him of ‘playing the victim’ in their break-up. The Selling Sunset star, 39, took to her Instagram story to claim the 31-year-old Dancing With The Stars pro had been ‘lying’ about the circumstances of their split. She shared an extract from an E! News article which said the split was ‘f
- The Duke of Edinburgh, 99, was admitted to King Edward VII Hospital in London last Tuesday evening as a precautionary measure after feeling unwell.
- Kellan and Brittany have welcomed their daughter (Picture: Jesse Grant/WireImage)Kellan Lutz and his wife Brittany have welcomed their first child, a year after they suffered a pregnancy loss at six months. The Twilight star confirmed the news as he shared an Instagram post from his wife, announcing she had given birth to a baby girl called Ashtyn.Brittany’s post read: ‘She’s here!!!! Ashtyn Lilly Lutz | 2•22•21.‘The day she came into the world it was snowi
- Mr Sunak said: 'We now have far more debt than we used to and because interest rates... at least a month or two ago were exceptionally low, that means we remain exposed to changes in those rates.'
- Rishi Sunak is preparing to announce a new scheme to help home buyers with low deposits (Picture: Getty)A new scheme that will allow people with small deposits to buy a new home is set to be launched in a bid to ‘fire up’ the housing market.
Chancellor Rishi Sunak will unveil a mortgage guarantee scheme in his Budget on Wednesday.
It will provide incentives to lenders to provide mortgages to buyers with just 5% deposits who wish to purchase properties worth up to £600,000.Unlik
- Terrified pro-democracy activists were seen sprinting away from riot police as gas canisters fizzed around them and rubber bullet flew through the streets of Rangoon on Saturday.
Countess of Iveagh splits from Guinness heir in what could be one of Britain's biggest ever divorcesReading-born interior designer Clare Hazell, 46, who lives at the Elveden Hall estate in Suffolk, has filed for divorce from Edward Guinness, 51, who has a reputed fortune of more than £900million.
- TikTok user @Unfortunateexistance filmed the moment she went down into the basement of her house after finding a hatch hidden under the carpet - and viewers advised her to 'move out'
What I Own: Steph and Lance, who put down a £37,000 deposit on a south London house that the pair have renovatedThe couple have been busy making changes (Picture: Steph Olubajo)Welcome back to What I Own – Metro.co.uk’s weekly homeowner diary series.This week we chat to 26-year-old Steph who lives with her partner Lance.The couple put down a deposit on their South East London house last year and have been hard at work renovating the property, to put their own stamp on it.While they still have a little more work to do, the pair’s efforts have certainly paid off.
This is what they had to s
- Here’s what this week’s Neighbours looks like (Picture: Channel 5)It’s a week of very bad decisions in Neighbours when Hendrix once again takes things too far, Amy concocts a very daft plan and Levi does something that threatens everything he holds dear.Hendrix (Benny Turland) is doing himself no favours and he’s about to burn his last bridge with the one person he’s always relied on. What will he do now he’s all alone?Amy (Jacinta Stapleton) is getting more s
- Bernice learns Gabby is pregnant in Emmerdale (Picture: ITV)Gabby Thomas (Rosie Bentham) is about to get herself involved in the Tate’s lives for a very long time in Emmerdale after discovering she’s pregnant with Jamie’s (Alexander Lincoln) baby.Following the discovery, Gabby was apprehensive about telling anyone, but could she be confronted by her own mother in upcoming episodes as Bernice (Samantha Giles) discovers Gabby’s pregnancy through someone else?Bernice left th
- Gray gets vicious (Picture: BBC)Time is running out for Gray Atkins (Toby-Alexander Smith) in EastEnders. With the Carters determined to find Tina (Luisa Bradshaw-White), Gray is doing all he can to convince them she’s well so the secret that he killed her can remain hidden.One person who has supported Gray since Chantelle’s (Jessica Plummer) death is Whitney (Shona McGarty).
One thing Whitney is blissfully unaware of is that Gray has started to manipulate her, subtly planting seeds
- Yasmeen is still suffering due to Geoff (Picture: ITV)The abuse Yasmeen Nazir (Shelley King) has been receiving from Geoff Metcalfe (Ian Bartholomew) may have come to an end in Coronation Street, but Yasmeen is still deeply struggling to adapt to normal life.Yasmeen is being haunted by her memories of Geoff, suffering panic attacks and hallucinations, but will things come to a tragic and devastating end soon when Geoff kills Yasmeen from beyond the grave?Alya (Sair Khan) points out that along wi
- Kate Middleton had all three of her children at St Mary's Hospital's Lindo Wing, but huge excitement around the arrival of new royal meant things were very, very busy
- (Picture: Endemol Shine)This week on Home and Away, there’s plenty of shock and suspicion going around. While Christian (Ditch Davey) and Tori’s (Penny McNamee) engagement should be a happy occasion, Justin (James Stewart) and Leah (Ada Nicodemou) soon realise their opinions on marriage are vastly different. Will they be able to recover after multiple heated arguments?Meanwhile, Christian feels responsible after his patient dies unexpectedly, and Lewis (Luke Arnold) treats this as co
- Captain Sir Tom Moore’s memory will be honoured today by his old regiment (Picture: Reuters)Six soldiers from Captain Sir Tom Moore’s Yorkshire Regiment will carry his coffin at his funeral today, which his family say will be ‘quite spectacular’.
A World War Two-era plane will soar over the service in honour of the veteran and NHS fundraising hero, who died earlier this month after a battle with Covid-19 and pneumonia.
Sir Tom captured the hearts of the nation last year w
- Kai Havertz has struggled to make an impact at Chelsea since his summer move from Bayer Leverkusen (Picture: Getty)Thomas Tuchel insists Kai Havertz will feature prominently in this Chelsea team and insists his lack of playing time over the course of the last month has simply been down to the Germany international’s lack of fitness.The 21-year-old represented, by some distance, the most expensive of the London club’s seven summer recruits, but he struggled to nail down a settled role
- Billie Gray, 27, who had been working in Sweden since August, believed she would be able to isolate at her mum's house upon her return to Scotland after two negative coronavirus tests
- Prime Minister of Auckland Jacinda Ardern has announced Auckland will go into lockdown for one week, after just one new local case of Covid-19.
- Lord Frederick who is the godson of Prince Charles and a direct descendant of the 'Iron Duke', is engaged to fellow soldier Katie Lambert, 28.
Coronavirus live news: UK will face 'enormous strains', says chancellor; New Zealand PM says Auckland to go into lockdown for seven daysvia theguardian.comRishi Sunak warns of risk to economy; Joe Biden tells US ‘now is not the time to relax - follow all the day’s news as it happensVan-Tam warns against giving up on Covid rulesExperts criticise Boris Johnson for putting dates in Covid roadmapSee all our coronavirus coverage 8.43am GMT Russia has reported a further 11,534 Covid-19 cases, including 1,825 in Moscow, taking the national tally to 4,234,720 since the pandemic began.There were an additional 439 deaths in the same period, the
- A number of single-use plastics will be banned in Victoria within two years, the state government has announced, in a crackdown on pollution in the state.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!