- Tameside General Hospital, in Ashton-under-Lyne, suffered 18 laboratory-confirmed coronavirus fatalities in the week to September 10, treble the six fatalities the week prior.
- More than a million companies which took out Bounce Back Loans will be allowed to pay them back over 10 years instead of six, Rishi Sunak in the Commons.
- Mark Allen was in stunning form at the European Masters on Thursday (Picture: Getty Images)Mark Allen became only the sixth player in snooker history to score four successive centuries in a match as he dispatched Ken Doherty 5-0 at the European Masters.The Northern Irishman was in sublime form as he knocked in breaks of 134, 101, 141 and 145 in the opening four frames of the match.Doherty managed to score just 12 points in the entire game as the Pistol fired past the former world champion and in
- GPS is on the way up (Credits: Getty Images)Have you ever emerged from an unfamiliar Tube station, fired up Google Maps and marched off towards your destination, only to find your phone was pointing you in the wrong direction? Annoying, isn’t it?
Well, Cambridge-based GPS start-up FocalPoint has come up with a new way of navigating that should put an end to those embarrassing U-turns – and could eventually even make drone deliveries a reality.Bouncing backPlenty of satellites are sta
- Is this what TV presenter Jeremy Vine's feet really look like? Or has the shot been taken with an ultra wide-angle that produces a strong visual distortion to create a panoramic view? You decide.
- Leo delivers a sick burn to Sony (pic: Twitter)Fan frustration over Sony’s approach to next gen upgrades, especially for Spider-Man: Miles Morales, has led to an epic level dig from Xbox.Sony’s fumbled explanation for how next gen upgrades will, or won’t, work for Spider-Man: Miles Morales has given Microsoft the chance to make mileage out of their discomfort, pointing out how much easier everything is on Xbox Series X and S.Microsoft’s Smart Delivery programme means that
- Google Maps has added a new layer showing COVID-19 outbreaks in a region. A seven-day average new infections for the area will appear, with a label showing if cases are trending up or down.
- Three Metro-North MTA employees inNew York City have been suspended after investigators discovered a 'man cave' - complete with a TV and futon- under a Grand Central Terminal platform
- Industry figures warn many people may still ‘fall through the gaps’ (Picture: PA)More than 1 million people will have to fend for themselves after the Chancellor failed to plug holes in his support for the unemployed, a trade body has warned.In Parliament today Rishi Sunak unveiled a winter rescue plan for the economy, bringing an end to the furlough scheme and replacing it with a Job Support Scheme, topping-up wages of employees on shorter hours than usual.When the Government announ
- The woman said a gang of three women and one man followed around the TK Maxx before lunging at her baby sister (Picture: Google Maps)A woman has warned parents to be on alert as she claims a ‘snatch gang’ tried to take her baby sister from a pram.She was shopping at TK Maxx with her siblings when three women and one man started following them around the store.At one point, she claims one of them lunged for the one-year-old before fleeing the scene.A photo of the suspects was later sh
- The toddler had an incredible surprise (Picture: Julia Wehkamp)If you’re in need of a pick-me-up, we have just the thing.A group of bin men from Toronto decided to surprise their three-year-old friend who is ‘obsessed’ with garbage trucks.The little one in question, Wolfgang Reader, was told by his mother he could only have a few guests for his birthday party this year, due to coronavirus restrictions.But, without hesitation, Wolfgang said he wanted his bin men friends Drew and
- The former striker is in disbelief that United have not signed a centre-back (Pictures: PLP / Getty)Arsenal legend Ian Wright has urged Manchester United to make RB Leipzig centre-back Dayot Upamecano a priority signing and feels their current defence will get ‘annihilated’ by the big six, also criticising Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s coachingThe Red Devils have endured a difficult window, failing to land top target Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund while they have not reinforced t
- Sir Harold Evans was Sunday Times editor for 13 years where he launched a campaign against Thalidomide and forced the UK manufacturer to finally offer proper compensation to its victims
- The big-cat rights activist, 59, sent the Loose Women panel a pre-recorded clip on Thursday, a week after cancelling her interview on the ITV programme.
- The teenager suffered serious injuries and was in a critical condition after he was shot in the face while walking to school in Kesgrave, Suffolk, say police
- Phillip Schofield gifts Holly Willoughby early copy of tell-all book (Picture: PA)Phillip Schofield has blessed Holly Willoughby with an early copy of his book, Life’s What You Make It.Friendship goals or what?The This Morning host confirmed his memoir was on the way recently, and will be on shelves next month.And his best friend was given one of the first ever copies of his life story, as she shared a glimpse on Instagram.Taking to her social media page, she snapped her copy, alongside th
- A two bedroom, two bathroom home has gone on sale for just £78,000 in the sunny state of Florida - and real estate agent Kristen Adams-Kearney says she was blown away by what she found inside
- Donald Trump said Joe Biden does not have enough energy to run the country, climbing the Democratic nominee is taking the day off from the campaign trail because he needs to rest.
What self-employment income support is available as Rishi Sunak announces furlough scheme replacement?Rishi Sunak outlined his Winter Economy Plan today (Picture: PA)Chancellor Rishi Sunak today outlined his Winter Economy Plan to help protect jobs and mitigate the damage to the economy caused by the coronavirus outbreak.This includes the new furlough scheme replacement, which will see the Government and employers pay two-thirds of employee’s salaries.The measures have been put in place to help save jobs as Britain prepares for a possible second national lockdown.But what measures has the
- The Chancellor's new measures are much less generous than furlough - or as Mr Sunak put it in a press conference today, “more targeted"
- Cardi B says she could ‘date any man she wants’ now that she’s a single woman (Picture: Instagram/@iamcardib, AP)Cardi B apparently isn’t short of admirers since confirming she has filed for divorce from husband Offset and reveals her DMs have been ‘flooded’. The WAP rapper announced that she had split from the Migos star after three years of marriage earlier this month.While Cardi, 27, could have her pick of the men sliding in her social media messages,
- Many business owners still feel not enough is being done to protect the self-employed, freelancers and contractors working in the hospitality, leisure, pubs and breweries and the performing arts sectors.
- Vimal Popat from Slough, Berkshire, was jailed for four years and four months for scamming six women and two men of £440,824.50
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak's plans were criticised for leaving self-employed people to 'fend for themselves' and not considering small firms renting office space on a casual basis.
- LMPD Detective Joshua Jaynes was identified as the cop who requested a search warrant to Breonna Taylor's apartment, in pursuit of her ex-boyfriend and drug suspect Jamarcus Glover.
Dean Mervyn Jones was flashy showman long before such a man existed in Australia, writes MIKE COLMANDean Mervyn Jones, who died on Thursday, will be remembered as a flashy showman who carried himself with a swagger very few ever did and as a player who was ahead of his time.
- A group of masked agitators could be seen screaming profanities at a black police officer during Black Lives Matter protest in Los Angeles last night.
- Larynzo Johnson was arrested over the shooting of two Louisville cops Wednesday night as protests erupted over the decision not to charge cops involved in Breonna's Taylor's death with murder.
- Mr Sunak dismissed the claims as "simplistic" despite the scheme being so successful that it noticeably drove down inflation in the UK
- The player turned commentator, who was born in Coburg, Melbourne, died of a 'massive' heart attack in a Mumbai hotel on Thursday.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!