- Daley Cartwright, who has been jailed for 12 months at Newcastle Crown Court (Picture: North News)A man who coughed in police officers’ faces while claiming to have coronavirus has been put behind bars.Daley Cartwright was being led to a police car when he was asked if he had any symptoms of the killer virus.He replied: ‘Yes I’ve got it and I hope you f***ing get it and die’ then coughed at the two officers.Later, at the police station, he spat at another police offi
- It has taken Jess a long time to feel comfortable with her baldness (Picture: PA Real Life/Collect)A young woman who lost all her hair at 17 has abandoned her wig after bravely celebrating her baldness in a post on Instagram.Jess Newman, 25, has now applied to be a model – thanks to the positive reactions she got when she posted her pictures on social media.When Jess, who lives in Colchester, Essex, first started losing her eyebrows, aged 15, doctors put it down to puberty.But at 16, after
- Mac Davis has died at the age of 78 (Picture: Getty Images for NBC)Country music legend Mac Davis has sadly died at the age of 78, it has been confirmed.
The musician, who was also known for writing songs for Elvis Presley, fell ‘critically ill’ while undergoing heart surgery on Tuesday.
Hours later, his manager Jim Morey confirmed Davis’ death in a Facebook post.
Davis wrote: ‘It’s with a heavy heart that I announce the passing of Mac Davis. He was surrounded by th
- Liverpool could be the first city to face a two week lockdown shutting pubs and restaurants (Picture: Getty; PA)Liverpool is thought to be days away from becoming the first city in England to face a two-week ‘circuit breaker’ lockdown as coronavirus cases spiral.
City Mayor Joe Anderson said it was ‘only a matter of time’ before comprehensive lockdown measures are introduced, such as closing pubs and restaurants for a fortnight.
He met with government officials to discuss
- A total of 82 cases have been confirmed at the hospital, double the number a week earlier. The Health Board announced this morning it was now taking 'robust action'.
- Official figures for the fall in GDP during the three months to June have been revised down from 20.4 per cent to 19.8 per cent.
- Donald Trump and Joe Biden clashed in their first debate in Cleveland, Ohio last night.
- The UK guidelines say the word 'accident' should be banned in reports of crashes - even though 'road traffic accident' is the legal term recognised by police and courts.
- Thomas McGuirk, 28, from Bondi, was sacked from his IT job last week after Ebonie Sanderson, 26, posted images of vile abusive messages he sent her on Instagram.
- New restrictions will come into effect from Thursday evening (Picture: Getty)More than half a million residents in North Wales will be put into local lockdown following a surge in coronavirus cases, the health minister has announced.New restrictions will be introduced in Denbighshire, Flintshire, Conwy and Wrexham from 6pm on Thursday.People will no longer be permitted to enter or leave these areas without a reasonable excuse, such as travel for work or education.They will also be banned from mi
- Chinese State media boss Yang Jingzhong has spoken for the first time about being raided by ASIO in front of his daughter on the same day as Labour MP Shaoquett Moselmane.
- Ziyi Liu, 27, and Hieu Duc Lam, 35, were arrested on September 9 over their alleged involvement in a baccarat betting scam at The Star casino in Sydney.
- Craig Howick, 38, smashed into cyclist Alex Roberts, 47, in Monmouthshire, Wales, then left him bleeding 'abandoned like an animal' alone on the side of the road
- Mariah Carey spills the hot tea in her new book (Picture: Getty Images)Mariah Carey has spilled all the tea about her age-old feud with Jennifer Lopez and it all dates back to one of J.Lo’s biggest songs. It’s no secret that Mariah, 50, and Jennifer, 51, aren’t exactly the best of friends with the pair subtly shading each other over the years. However, the reason for the supposed rift had been fairly murky over the years until now, with Mariah spilling all the tea in
- William Laven has had a stammer his entire life (Picture: William Laven/Metro.co.uk)William Laven, 22, has had a stammer his whole life – but he says the pandemic has made it harder to live with.William, who’s just finished an apprenticeship in public relations, tells Metro.co.uk that his parents first knew ‘something wasn’t right’ when his first words came a lot later than other children his age.Medical professionals said they didn’t think William’s spe
- Lorraine Cox’s body has been found in Exeter (Picture: Devon and Conrwall Police / SWNS)The body of a 32-year-old woman who disappeared four weeks ago has been found.Lorraine Cox was last seen in Exeter in the early hours of September 1, and was reported missing two days later.Detectives launched a murder investigation a week later following a ‘significant development’ but continued the search for her body.Police have now confirmed her body was found in the same Devon city, and
- Behold Period, a shade of red inspired by menstruation (Picture: Pantone/Intimina)Would you paint your living room period-blood red to tackle menstruation shame?
Pantone, the colour-matching company best known for announcing their ‘colour of the year’ every 12 months, doesn’t quite seem to be suggesting going all out with red paint, but they have introduced a snazzy new colour in honour of all things menstrual.
Named Period, the ‘active and adventurous red hue’ has
- The Queen, Kate Middleton and Prince William, and Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have all used nannies to help raise their royal children - but things don't always run smoothly
- 24-year-old Katie has taken her show to the Edinburgh Fringe and across the country (Picture: Susannah Ireland)Katie Greenall, like many of us, spent her younger years waiting for the moment that she’d have the body she was constantly told was ‘correct’.When that time came, whenever that was, she’d be able to wear the clothes she’d bought a few sizes too small. She’d be able to go on the holidays she wanted and speak to the people she’d otherwise be afra
- While the food delivery giant dropped its rates from 35 per cent in May to ease financial strains, Uber community operations director for Australia said commission will not drop any further.
- Thomas Partey has long been a transfer target for Arsenal (Picture: Getty Images)Nigel Winterburn feels Thomas Partey and Houssem Aouar would be great signings for Arsenal and would like to see his former club snap up both midfielders, but with only enough money to buy one, Partey would be his choice.Gunners manager Mikel Arteta is keen to add a central midfielder to his squad before the transfer window closes on 5 October, with Partey and Aouar key targets to fill the role.Both are availabe thi
- Ralph Burger wrote to the probation and parole services and demanded to be told about any plastic surgery Jon Venables, who killed James Bulger in Bootle, Merseyside, in 1993, had received.
- Viewers longed for moderator Chris Wallace to turn off the candidates' microphones like a Zoom call as the two nominees treated the host 'like an inner city substitute teacher' in the Ohio clash.
- Akon Guode must spend at least 14 years behind bars for deliberately driving her car into the Wyndham Vale lake in April 2015, while severely depressed.
- Lentil As Anything first opened its doors 20 years ago and has serviced the most down-and-out members of society in both Victoria and New South Wales ever since.
- Sue Barker, Matt Dawson and Phil Tufnell are leaving A Question Of Sport (Picture: BBC)The BBC has been hit with complaints in response to Sue Barker, Matt Dawson and Phil Tufnell leaving A Question Of Sport.It was announced earlier this month that the trio of presenters would be departing the show as part of a major shake-up and that the upcoming series would be their last. And it turns out, fans aren’t happy to see the threesome bow out of the programme.
Addressing the backlash and defen
- A daughter was lied to for 45 years by her killer father who was found guilty of his wife's historic manslaughter.
Piers Morgan clashed with Dr Hilary Jones on today’s Good Morning Britain as the pair butted heads over Boris Johnson.The presenter launched into a rant about the Prime Minister after it was revealed he got the Government’s own coronavirus guidelines wrong amid confusion over exactly what people in the North East will be able to do from Wednesday.Piers then hit out at Boris f
- Researchers looked at computer simulations to understand the event 4 billion years ago (Credits: Getty Images)Earth may have lost up to 60% of its atmosphere in a collision that led to the formation of the Moon more than four billion years ago, scientists believe.The research, led by Durham University, is based on 300 computer simulations looking at the consequences of the impact of collisions on rocky planets with thin atmospheres.The team say the findings, published in The Astrophysical Journa
- We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!