- The number of cases of the variant has doubled in the last week - across all age groups - and scientists have confirmed it is more transmissible than previous variants
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said Monday if he has the Senate majority he'll block President Joe Biden's Supreme Court nominees in 2024, the year of the next presidential election.
- Incredible footage shows George King, 21, from Oxford, go 282 feet up the CopenHill climbing wall in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Benidorm writer Derren Litten claims he witnessed a main star punch crew member and go unpunished: ‘This industry is insane’Writer Derren Litten recalled witnessing a star punch a crew member on set (Picture: Shutterstock)Benidorm writer Derren Litten recalled the shocking moment he witnessed a star punch a crew member on the set of an unknown show.Litten did not name the actor or crew member involved, or the programme he was working on when the incident happened, but expressed shock that the star involved was not punished for his actions and show bosses did nothing.In an interview with Daily Star the 50-year-old scr
- Charlee Funes, a seventh-grader from suburban Chicago, was body-slammed during gym class in May following months of bullying. She opened up about her ordeal on True Crime Daily podcast. .
- Amanda took the slip in her stride (Picture: Getty/Instagram/thisisheart)Amanda Holden took a tumble as she made a valiant attempt to tackle her colleague Ashley Roberts in a football stunt to get into the spirit of Euro 2020.Representing Spain in a red T-shirt, while Ashley flew the flag for Sweden in a yellow T-shirt, the pair enjoyed some football hi-jinks ahead of the countries facing off in a group stage match.With their sporting prowess being broadcast both on the airwaves, and radio prese
- This summer’s massive sporting events will be permitted expanded crowds (Pictures: Getty)There will be 45,000 fans in attendance at Wembley for the climax of Euro 2020 while Wimbledon’s Centre Court will play host to a full house for both men’s and women’s finals despite the government’s delay to ‘Freedom Day’.Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced on Monday that coronavirus lockdown restrictions would not be lifted fully until next month, though ‘
- An order for surgical gowns has been put up for sale via a Nato e-portal after being found to be unsuitable for the NHS (Picture: Getty)A £98 million consignment of rejected PPE from China has been put on sale to other countries after being deemed unfit for the NHS.The surgical gowns were intended for the UK’s supply chain during the pandemic, but were found to be ‘unsuitable’ for healthcare purposes.Instead, the shipment from the China National Instruments Import and Exp
- Border collie Peggy was given to the RSPCA and animal welfare manager Chloe Shorten was determined to help the nine-year-old return to work - translating commands such as 'come-bye' and 'steady' into body language and hand signals
- Dean Morrice, 34, from Paulton, Somerset, stockpiled chemicals to make explosives and collected terrorism manuals and instructions on how to make bombs and weapons.
- Two secondary school pupils at Fulwood Academy in Preston brought copies of Koran to school last week and desecrated the Islamic holy book in front of other pupils.
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is demanding a criminal investigation into the leaking of confidential tax information, insisting that whoever was responsible be imprisoned.
- Liberty is being held hostage it would seem, but she is very much alive(Picture: Lime Pictures)Hollyoaks has revealed Liberty Savage’s (Jessamy Stoddart) fate, after she was attacked by Summer Ranger (Rhiannon Clements) in a vicious assault.And, spoiler alert, she’s alive!Thank goodness.
Liberty was appalled to discover that Sienna Blake (Anna Passey) was having a passionate affair with Summer behind Brody Hudson’s (Adam Woodward) back.She wasted little time in confronting her
- The Prime Minister strongly indicated the four week delay would be the last one - saying it was not a "not before" date, as has been the case previously in the road map
- Darren Lewis takes issue with Thomas Markle's latest public outburst - as the shameless dad seems to have forgotten last year’s 90-minute documentary, Thomas Markle: My Story, for which he sold pictures and videos of Meghan as a child
- An ex- Los Angeles Angels clubhouse attendant has accused a second New York Yankees pitcher of doctoring balls, naming Corey Kluber after previously accusing ace Gerrit Cole.
- Adam Stone broke down at the Old Bailey as he recounted discovering the bodies of his girlfriend Nicole Smallman, 27, and Bibaa Henry, 46, who were allegedly murdered after a party in London
- Chrissy Teigen, 35, has come under fire in recent weeks for cruel posts on Twitter aimed at Courtney Stodden (top right), Lindsay Lohan (bottom right).
- A huge explosion occurred at at Rockton Chemical in Rockton, Illinois on Monday morning, causing mandatory evacuations as authorities work to contain the massive fire and smoke.
- ‘Has she changed her ways?’ Urmmm (Picture: BBC)Charlie Brooks has spoken out about her return to EastEnders after filming a social video and promotional shots ahead of her return to filming as the iconic villain Janine Butcher.
The return was officially confirmed by EastEnders this evening and Charlie confirmed her excitement at coming back and enthused that the best thing about playing Janine is that she doesn’t care what people think – and she’s so good at being
- CNN correspondent Christiane Amanpour is being treated for ovarian cancer (Picture: CNN/Twitter)CNN anchor Christiane Amanpour say she is being treated for ovarian cancer.The veteran journalist revealed the news on Monday (June 14) as she told viewers that she had recently undergone surgery for the condition.The 63-year-old then revealed she will undergo chemotherapy for a period of weeks as she continues to battle the disease.Her announcement came after the well-respected correspondent had been
- The Prime Minister failed to announce any extension to business support, including the furlough scheme, despite delaying the end of lockdown rules to July 19
- Doctors say it is 'unnusual' for the kidney of fit and active Michael Phillips, which he received from a deceased donor, to have lasted 50 years without needing to be replaced by another transplant
In The Heights star Leslie Grace called her parents ‘every day’ while filming as imposter syndrome made her doubt herselfLeslie Grace shared her experiences of tackling the song Breathe and her first acting role (Picture: Warner Bros. Pictures)In The Heights star Leslie Grace resonated a lot with her character Nina Rosario in the movie, from struggling with the weight of other people’s expectations as well as feelings of imposter syndrome as she took on her first acting role – in a blockbuster summer release, no less.The musical, which was first performed in 2005 before going on to a three-year Broadwa
- An Asian food delivery man was stabbed in the back on Sunday afternoon in Brooklyn, New York by another cyclist as the US struggles with the rising violent crime wave gripping the country.
All aboard! Model railway enthusiast turns his garden into tourist attraction creating ride-on trainGeoff Powell has been building the G-scale (45mm wide track) model railways in his garden in Colwyn Bay, north Wales, for 25 years. He has opened the space to the public for charity.
- A human smuggler transporting 12 illegal immigrants in an SUV fled after crashing into the front yard of a Texas home following a 40 minute high speed chase with police.
- The bitch it back, and we couldn’t be more excited about it (Picture: BBC)Hold on to your rich husbands and stay away from any nearby cliff edges, as Janine Butcher (Charlie Brooks) is making her long-awaited return to EastEnders.
The popular character, who was last seen in Walford in 2014, is set to make a resounding comeback, one that will no doubt send shockwaves through the Square.
With Executive Producer Jon Sen teasing ‘lots of drama’ for Janine, it’s safe to say th
- Oh, look out! (Picture: BBC)It’s the moment you have all been waiting for – EastEnders has finally and officially confirmed that Charlie Brooks has returned to the show as Janine Butcher, after Metro.co. revealed the exciting news back in April.
Speculation has been rife since then, with Charlie mischievously dropping hints but refusing to be drawn into a complete confirmation.
And over the weekend, pictures emerged of her leaving the Elstree set, which is where EastEnders is filmed.
- The Game commented on the future of Todd Pettengill (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)WWE legend Triple H has claimed the wrestling giant can’t focus too much on nostalgia or it’ll lose its impact.The NXT boss – whose brand gave old school fans a real treat with TakeOver: In Your House on Sunday night – has suggested there could be too much of a good thing, and looking back at the past needs to be balanced with a focus on the future.Speaking to Metro.co.uk after last ni
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!