Houssem Aouar is valued at around £46m by Lyon (Picture: Getty)Lyon President Jean-Michel Aulas says Arsenal’s latest bid for Houssem Aouar was rejected because it was ‘timid’ and did not reflect the midfielder’s quality.
The Gunners have had two bids turned down for the 22-year-old, with the latest believed to be in the region of £32million.
Lyon were seeking around £55m for the Frenchman at the start of the transfer window but the Ligue 1 club are
- Manchester United captain Harry Maguire after the RB Leipzig victory (Picture: MUTV)Captain Harry Maguire says the Manchester United squad was ‘devastated’ following their embarrassing defeat to Tottenham and felt as if they were in a ‘crisis’.Jose Mourinho inflicted a shocking defeat on his former club as Spurs thrashed the Red Devils 6-1 at Old Trafford last month.To their credit, Manchester United have responded well to the humbling loss, beating Newcastle United, PSG
- Sir Rocco, 75, who has previously been a donor to the Conservative Party, said he doesn't have 'any money to give' the Tories amid the latestcoronavirus restrictions.
- Perth Lord Mayor Basil Zempilas, 49 told listeners of his radio show on Wednesday that it was 'wrong' for a person to identify as a gender that was not the same as their physical anatomy.
Emmerdale spoilers: Charity Dingle makes a devastating mistake as she cheats on Vanessa Woodfield tonight(Picture: ITV)Charity Dingle (Emma Atkins) is set to hit self destruct in Emmerdale tonight and make a colossal mistake which could cost her everything – when she impulsively kisses a stranger, convinced that her relationship with Vanessa Woodfield (Michelle Hardwick) is over.
Well, it could be now, Charity!Paranoid Charity has been unnerved by the secretive behaviour of Vanessa, who has seemed off with her and repeatedly changed plans to come home.
And even after Johnny’s adoption w
- The party has been accused of breaking the law on three counts, harassment, political interference in complaints and failure of processes during Jeremy Corbyn's leadership.
- Neil Jenkins, 35, (pictured) and Benjamin Smith, 37, became increasingly rowdy on the Thomas Cook flight to Mexico as they relentlessly knocked back duty free Vodka.
- Met Office warnings have been issued from today until Sunday, covering Wales and North West England, with up to 250mm (10in) of rain expected to fall between today and Saturday.
- Former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn leaves his house in North London ahead of the release of an anti-Semitism report by the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) (Picture: PA)An investigation into anti-Semitism in Labour has found the party committed ‘unlawful acts of harassment and discrimination’. The report, from the Equality and Human Rights Commission, said it found ‘significant failings in the way the Labour Party has handled anti-Semitism complaints over t
- The employees at the sweet company's distribution centre and factory in Front Street, Pontefract have tested positive for the virus and are now self-isolating.
- The Man is set to become The Mom (Photo: WWE)Becky Lynch stepped away from WWE over the summer after announcing her pregnancy – and now she’s revealed her first baby bump photo.The former women’s champion is expecting her first child with SmackDown superstar Seth Rollins, and The Man has given a fairly cryptic update to fans on social media.Taking to her Instagram Story, Lynch shared a snap of her shadow during a training session, which clearly showed her growing bump.The Irish
- Jessica Hill, 21, and her 18-year-old sister Jayla are accused of attacking the man with a bladed comb after he asked them to wear a face mask and use hand sanitiser at the Snipes Shoe Store in Chicago
- ‘So you’re writing an article for Metro.co.uk? That’s cool. Just don’t go spreading any careless whispers…’Everyone laughs, I die a little bit inside.Unfortunately, I was destined to hear these jokes. It’s Greek tradition to name your child after one of their grandparents. Perhaps in my family more than most, this has been a slightly inconvenient practice…Thus, I, George Michael, son of Michael Michael, grandson of George Michael, was coincidenta
- This week’s saver is a ‘typical millennial’ (Picture: Getty/Metro.co.uk)Our weekly series How I Save invites people to take an honest look at how they handle their personal finances.
Each week we ask a different person to talk us through their approach to saving, then get them to track a week of spending, including what they bought and what they paid for each purchase.
Then we bring in an expert’s perspective on their money habits so they (and we) can boost savings.
Strictly Come Dancing star Caroline Quentin ‘collapsed’ during rehearsals this week as her dancing partner Johannes Radebe joked that he ‘killed her’.It looks like training for the dancing competition is taking its toll on the Men Behaving Badly actress, as the duo prepare to take on the Paso Doble this weekend.It comes after Johannes shared a behind-the-scenes sn
- Dishoom in Covent Garden is back (Picture: Dishoom)If you’ve been missing some Dishoom in your life, then rejoice, the restaurant is set to reopen its Covent Garden branch.The Bombay Iranian café has been closed due to a renovation in January but will now relaunch to celebrate its tenth anniversary.The establishment will be warmly welcoming guests for the soft launch from Wednesday 18 November to Thursday 3 December, before the official opening the following day.And the go
- Becky and Adam bought a dated home in South East London, and have spent £50,000 and five years turning it into their dream home, documenting their journey on Instagram
- Ron Jeremy has pleaded not guilty to new charges of rape (Picture: AP)Porn star Ron Jeremy has pleaded not guilty to seven new counts of sexual assault, which include allegations of rape and sexual battery involving six women in incidents dating back to 1996.Jeremy, 67, pleaded not guilty on Wednesday, prosecutors from Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said.He was initially charged in June of allegedly raping three women and the sexual assault of a fourth.The new allegations me
- Miles is looking good on PS4 (pic: Twitter)Footage from the PS4 version of Spider-Man: Miles Morales has appeared online and it seems to show major improvement over the original.Now that many people have PlayStation 5s at home (including us) you’re bound to see some footage leak out, even though the next embargo isn’t till next week.However, the most interesting video to appear so far today is from the PlayStation 4 version of Spider-Man: Miles Morales, which has never been seen unti
- Half of young Black people worry that racism will hold them back at school (Picture: Getty Images)Almost all Black children have heard racist language at school, according to a new report.The Young and Black report, released today by YMCA, has revealed that 95% of young Black people have heard and witnessed racist language at school, and 78% have heard and witnessed racist language in the workplace.
Worryingly, young Black people in the UK said that they now grow up expecting to experi
- West Midlands Police chief David Thompson says officers are facing an 'overwhelming,' workload of harassment and domestic abuse cases, revealing it had received 30,000 reports since April.
- Terror police are investigating a mass stabbing in Nice, France, at the Notre-Dame basilica which left three dead, including two victims beheaded and many more woun
- She used a hand whisk to make the insides easier to scoop out (Picture: Deadline)Carving a pumpkin is fun but it’s also messy and time consuming.Any parent who does the tradition with their kids knows that it involves lots of scraping at the sides to make it hollow enough.But one mum has shared a genius have to save you time, effort and mess.Nina Rutherford, from Falkirk, posted the five minute pumpkin carving hackon Facebook last Friday to help others save time when creating the
- The Australian Financial Review released its 38th Rich List on Thursday, indicating Gina Rinehart is valued at a whopping $28.89billion - up from $13.81 billion the year before.
- Tommy Cannon (right) has remembered his long-time comedy partner Bobby Ball (left) (Picture: WireImage)Bobby Ball has been remembered by his long-time sidekick Tommy Cannon after news of his death aged 76.It was announced today that Bobby died yesterday evening after a brief fight with coronavirus. Tommy, leading the tributes, simply said: ‘Rock on, my good friend, I can’t believe this, I’m devastated.’Phil Dale, who managed beloved comedy duo Cannon and Ball, said:
- The guest was filming squirrel monkeys at Newquay Zoo in Cornwall when they noticed his camera close to their enclosure.
Harry Styles hung out in a fan’s bedroom and fed her fish after his car broke down… but she missed himHarry Styles left the fan the cutest note after he broke down outside (Picture: Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images)The thought of Harry Styles having to come hang out in your house after his car breaks down outside sounds like the start of some fan fiction but it actually happened for one girl – and she missed it. Photos have emerged of Harry hanging out in a superfan’s bedroom and even making sure her pet fish are fed, after her dad’s friend let him in when his car broke down out
- Emma Frost and her children were shocked to find the delivery on their doorstep (Picture: Cheshire Live/MEN)A mother-of-five was left in tears after a kind-hearted stranger left free food for her family on their doorstep.Emma Frost, from Blacon, Chester, received a touching handwritten note from the unnamed donor along with the food drop saying it was ‘a gift from our family to yours’.After the family heard a knock on the door, her eldest child found two large bags of food shopping a
- Mustafi’s contract expires this summer (Picture: Getty Images)Shkodran Mustafi has insisted he wants to remain at Arsenal despite reports he turned down the club’s offer of a new deal back in the summer.The much-maligned German defender – whose contract expires at the end of the current campaign –turned a corner last season and was one of the Gunners’ most consistent defenders under Mikel Arteta.A serious hamstring injury suffered in the semi-final win over Manchest
- Researchers from Imperial College London and Ipsos MORI warn England is at a 'critical stage', with a rise in hospitalisations and deaths 'inevitable' as the country battles a second wave
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!