- Chelsea have failed in their attempt to recall Emerson Palmieri from his loan spell at Lyon (REX/Shutterstock)Lyon have confirmed that Emerson Palmieri’s loan from Chelsea will not be cut short this month.Following Ben Chilwell’s season-ending injury, Chelsea have moved to seek cover for the left side of their defence in the January transfer window.The Champions League holders explored a possible deal for Lucas Digne, who ended up joining Aston Villa from Everton this week.Chelsea ha
- A senior defence source said Mr Wallace 'has been clear that that he will explore all avenues to achieve stability and a resolution to the Ukraine crisis' during the security talks in Moscow.
- Laurent Koscielny has been axed by Bordeaux (Picture: Getty)Such weird and wonderful events happen in the transfer window. In France, certain players are being ordered to leave before they have even found a club for which to sign.Last week the Bordeaux president and owner Gerard Lopez phoned the agent of club captain Laurent Koscielny and told him his client was no longer wanted. The 36-year-old former Arsenal skipper has not, it is understood, provided the standards of performances on the pitch
- Sarah has been through divorce herself (Picture: Metro.co.uk/Sarah Woodward)Valentine’s Day is creeping round the corner, and while those in the throes of new love might be giddy at the thought of a romantic date, others might be dreading it – triggered by the memories of their ex.This time for How I Made It, Metro.co.uk’s weekly career series, we’re chatting with someone who specialises in coaching people after the one of the most visceral of heartbreaks: divorce.Sarah W
- Billy and Dawn are happily planning their future together (Picture: ITV)Meena Jutla (Paige Sandhu) is set to make a return to Emmerdale for one final revenge.For the village residents, they think the ordeal with Meena is over, aware she is on the run and potentially in another country.In recent weeks, Liam (Jonny McPherson) realised Meena had lied about her recent miscarriage.As the ordeal continued, Liam managed to save Manpreet (Rebecca Sarker) and Vinny (Bradley Johnson), who were being held
- A goodbye? (Pictures: BBC)Could Dana Monroe (Barbara Smith) and her dad Harvey (Ross Boatman) be set to leave EastEnders in the coming weeks?Aaron Monroe (Charlie Wernham) was forced to confess to his dad that the far right group he’s a part of had planted a bomb near the Argee Bhajee, when he thought Dana might get caught up in the explosion. This led to the police being called and the bomb was dealt with safely.When ringleader Neil discovered that Aaron had betrayed the group, Aaron&rsqu
- Is Daisy in danger? (Picture: ITV)As the war for who gets the official title of Daniel Osbourne (Rob Mallard)’s Girlfriend hots up in Coronation Street there are two contenders – Daisy Midgeley (Charlotte Jordan) and Lydia Chambers (Rebecca Ryan).Since Daisy first appeared in Weatherfield she’s already proved that she has a fiery side, as we saw when she managed to split up Ryan (Ryan Prescott) and Alya (Sair Khan).As for Lydia, she’s currently more of an unknown quantity
- (Pictures: Fremantle)Abigail is in danger as her dad Leo (Tim Kano) is struggling with his grief and not thinking straight. This leads to an absolute disaster that puts Abigail in harm’s way. Will Leo be responsible for the death of his daughter so soon after losing her mum?Abigail isn’t the only one at risk this week – in a strange turn of events, Amy (Jacinta Stapleton) is in danger from her daughter. A heated argument between the two leaves Amy fighting for her life. Will sh
- Strowman wants Wyatt back in the fold (Picture: WWE)Ex-WWE star Braun Strowman has asked Bray Wyatt to join him for an epic Wyatt Family reunion this weekend.The former world champion – who is going by his real name Adam Scherr after his shock release last summer – is set to team up with Erick Rowan (Redbeard) later today against Bully Ray and Enzo Amore at Northeast Wrestling WrestleFest XXVI, but he wants more.Speaking on Control Your Narrative, he referenced a YouTube video by ITB
- Matthew Willson, an astrophysicist living in Atlanta, Georgia, was killed by a stray bullet on Friday, leaving girlfriend Katherine Shepard traumatised
Regina King’s son Ian Alexander Jr dies aged 26 as she shares devastating tribute: ‘He is such a bright light’Regina King’s son Ian Alexander Jr has died, aged 26 (Picture: Getty)Regina King confirmed that her son Ian Alexander Jr has died, just days after his 26th birthday.The Harder They Fall actress, 51, shared a heartbreaking tribute in a statement with People Magazine.‘Our family is devastated at the deepest level by the loss of Ian,’ she wrote.‘He is such a bright light who cared so deeply about the happiness of others. ‘Our family asks for respectful considerati
- The Medical Council of NSW has referred Dr Alireza Fallahi to the NSW Health Care Complaints Commission after he was filmed performing liposuction while swaying to Jolene.
- Savannah Brockhill, jailed for a minimum of 25 years for the murder of her ex's toddler Star Hobson, says she can prove her "innocence" and will appeal conviction
- The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, says she thought she was going to die when the female neighbour knocked on her door, making sexual advances before attacking her in a chokehold
- Tory peer Ruth Davidson, who successfully campaigned against Scottish independence in 2014, said the Prime Minister is in a 'perilous situation' ahead of Sue Gray's 'Partygate' report.
‘What’s your problem with me?’ – Alize Cornet loses it with Australian Open umpire in heated exchangeAlize Cornet was not happy with the umpire’s time violation (Picture: Michael Errey/AFP via Getty Images)Alize Cornet lost her cool with chair umpire Katarzyna Radwan-Cho in a tense exchange during her Australian Open win over Tamara Zidansek.The French star came from one set and two breaks down to win 4-6, 6-4, 6-2, against the No.29 seed to setup a fourth round meeting with Simona Halep.But the match wasn’t short of drama as she clashed with the umpire during the opening set.With t
- Woolworth workers have shared their stories of the 'disgusting' half-eaten food they have found around stores and slammed littering customers for endangering staff's health.
- William Wragg will meet a Scotland Yard detective in the House of Commons (Picture: Getty Images)The senior Tory backbencher who accused No 10 of ‘blackmailing’ MPs seeking to oust Boris Johnson will meet police to discuss his claims.William Wragg said he will speak to a Scotland Yard detective in the House of Commons early next week, raising the prospect of a criminal investigation.
The disclosure came after Downing Street said it would not be mounting its own inquiry into the claim
- Roy Robinson was attending his dentist for a routine appointment on the morning of January 10 when he became lifeless and was rushed to Tameside General Hospital
- When the country was plunged into its first lockdown in spring 2020, the abuse Louise* had been suffering at the hands of her husband plumbed a new low. He was in their home constantly, and the short break she could get from her once-daily permitted exercise provided the only respite from his campaign of control and violence.On one occasion, when she’d returned home from a run in the warm sunshine and had taken a shower, Louise went to put her bra on. Seconds later she dropped it, aft
- It's four years today that Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank announced to the world that they were to marry - and Jack's nan had an unusual response to the happy news
- The impact of It’s A Sin, a year on (Picture: Channel 4)It’s been exactly one year today since It’s A Sin crash-landed onto British television, forever transforming the landscape of LGBT voices both past and present, shaping our future like nothing before it. The world finally paid attention to the ongoing HIV pandemic which runs through the LGBT community when Russell T. Davies’ blistering drama launched on Channel 4, following a group of gay people looking forward
- Emma and Jade have been together for over 20 years, getting married in 2021 alongside their four children (Picture:Getty)Movies and romance novels may have us believe that love at first sight is the norm, grossly overinflating the number of kismet moments a person has in their life.Looking at the couples we know, however, we see that they rarely began with magical meet-cutes and instantaneous passion, and that there’s no one way to create a successful relationship.Emma Bunton spoke about h
- A close encounter (Picture: BBC)There’s danger for Faith (Kirsty Mitchell) in tonight’s Casualty, which starts when she goes on a night out with Stevie (Elinor Lawless) and picks up a man in a club.Faith seems ready to move on following Lev’s death. After Stevie encouraged her to get back on the dating scene a few episodes ago, Faith says she’s up for more of the same. She even makes Stevie cancel a planned quiet night with Matthew (Osi Okerafor) so they can go out clubbi
Anthony Martial’s failed Manchester United career symbolises the club’s decline and Wayne Rooney is a gamble worth taking for EvertonIf you were looking for a single figure to sum up Manchester United’s malaise in the last decade, you wouldn’t be short of options.From a deadline day dash to sign Marouane Fellaini in 2013 to the £6m loan signing of Radamel Falcao, United have made blunder after blunder since Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement.But while there’s been countless failures, nobody quite symbolises United’s decline quite like Anthony Martial.The Frenchman arrived at Old Trafford in 201
- Johnny Knoxville stunned Sami Zayn on SmackDown (Picture: WWE)Johnny Knoxville brought a taste of Jackass to WWE SmackDown this week as he attacked Sami Zayn with a cattle prod.The legendary stunt performer – who will be part of the 2022 Men’s Royal Rumble match on January 29 – has been feuding with the former Intercontinental Champion in recent weeks, and things got dialed up on Friday night.Sami came out for the second edition of InZayn, his way of trying to match up to the J
- Tyneham in Dorset was inhabited for over 1000 years until the villagers were forced to move in 1943 for the war effort - now the army uses it as a firing range
- Allesha Barnfield, from Highfields, South Yorkshire, could become paralysed or internally decapitated at any moment, due to a rare condition which is pulling her brain into her spinal canal
- Inflation hit a near 30-year-high of 5.4% in December, and insurance, borrowing costs, and food prices are rising. From April, 22 million households will see their energy bills go up
- Emergency crews discovered convicted child killer Heidi Strbak, 38, at the bottom of a flight of stairs at a Gold Coast residence suffering severe head injuries.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!