- Hannah Gwillim (pictured), 21, was bottled at the Swansea venue last year by Jodie Edwards, 22, who pleaded guilty to GBH and was handed a 12-month prison sentence, suspended for two years.
- Mohinder Singh, 47, is accused of hitting the four officers with his truck on a freeway in eastern Melbourne after they had pulled over Porsche-driving mortgage broker Richard Pusey, 42.
- Prince Harry today said he had been 'awakened' to the issue of racial discrimination by marrying Meghan Markle as the couple called on Britain to 'end structural racism' in an interview to mark the start of Black History Month.
- Brooklyn Beckham has been defended by fans after he was slammed for playfully holding fiancée Nicola Peltz's neck on social media.
- Darren Twidale ended up in intensive care with coronavirus after going to hospital to get a tumour removed (Picture: Grimsby Telegraph/MEN Media)A father-of-two who went to hospital to have a brain tumour removed was dealt a second blow when he found out he had coronavirus and ended up in intensive care.Darren Twidale, 43, from Scunthorpe, spent 10 days in hospital after doctors discovered his lungs were full of fluid due to Covid-19. The father has been left deaf in one ear and unable to blink
- James Hayman, 17, was swimming at Diamond Beach near Hallidays Point, around 104km south of Port Macquarie, at 1pm on Wednesday when he suddenly disappeared.
- Nocturnal animals could be impacted by the warming pattern (Picture: Getty)Global warming is ‘disproportionately’ heating up nights faster than days in many parts of the world, researchers have found.Scientists said that though both days and nights are warming, night-time temperatures were, on average, more than 0.25C hotter. Warming at night was more common than during the day in over half (54%) of the land surfaces across the planet, according to the first global study of its kind.
- A two-year-old golden retriever called Jax from Iowa saved his tipsy owner Hannah Quintus, 22, from taking a tumble. Incredible footage of the dog was shared online and has been viewed 3m times.
- Downing Street hopes the system will be easy for people to follow (Picture: Getty/AFP/Metro.co.uk)A three-tier lockdown system is expected to be introduced in England amid mass confusion over ever-changing rules in different parts of the country.
It comes after even Boris Johnson had trouble explaining regional restrictions for the North East, mistakenly suggesting the ‘rule of six’ did not apply to gatherings outside.
Now ministers are reportedly considering a simpler system which D
- Timothy Becker accepted he was 'careless' with his language about Deputy District Judge Anitra Hussain, a former human rights barrister, in comments sent in an email.
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex said the issue was holding young people of colour back in an interview following the couple's previous plea for voters to "reject hate speech" in the upcoming US elections
- It is now illegal for businesses to supply plastic straws, drinks stirrers and plastic-stemmed cotton buds to customers
- The cricketing world remains in shock after Jones died from a massive heart attack in his hotel lobby in Mumbai last week aged 59.
- Pub owner and former footman to the Queen Christian Diamant was found with a stash of child sex images was spared community service to make sure his Kent boozer stayed open
- The moronic display by the idiot model trespassers was captured at a level crossing on the line between Cardiff and Swansea, where trains travel up to 85mph.
- EXCLUSIVE: Students who have been told to self-isolate say they have been completely neglected by the university - after being left without access to food, clean clothing and cleaning products
- John Broadhurst looks to be on the cusp of being freed from prison 22 months into a three years and eight months sentence for killing Natalie Connolly with rough sex sessions
- Dangerous Storm Alex is set to hammer the UK from Friday, triggering three days of severe weather warnings, and the Met Office says up to 5ins could fall in less than 40 hours over Saturday and Sunday
- Single-use plastic cotton swabs are so last month (Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto)Popular single-use plastic straws, stirrers and cotton buds are banned in England from today, with new legislation forbidding their sale and distribution on a bid to tackle plastic pollution.From 1 October, it’s illegal for businesses to sell or supply these formerly common items except to people with disabilities or medical conditions who require them.People in England are estimated to use a whopping 1.8
- John Prine’s wife Fiona hit out at President Donald Trump after the debate (Picture: Getty)The wife of country music icon John Prine has hit out at President Donald Trump saying her husband died of coronavirus ‘on his watch’.The country icon, 73, died at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center in April after suffering complications from Covid-19.Fiona Whelan Prine labelled the president an ‘idiot’ in a furious reaction following his first debate with Joe Biden.She
- Graham Norton has backtracked on his ‘throwaway’ comment about same-sex Strictly pairings (Picture: Rex)Graham Norton has apologised for a ‘throwaway’ comment he made in the past about Strictly Come Dancing including same-sex pairings on the show.
The presenter, 57, had previously said that he thinks having same-sex duos on the BBC dancing competition would ‘muddy the waters’ for judges.
His comments re-surfaced, following news boxer Nicola Adams will be the f
- It's understood ministers are considering a 'tier' or 'traffic light' system where your area would be marked red or amber - and then have a standard list of restrictions applied
Sir Chris Hoy has reacted to Great British Bake Off 2020’s Peter Hawkins paying tribute to him with a giant cake bust.The student delighted judges Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith – and many watching on from home – as he was named Star Baker for the sweet treat, showing the Olympian in his iconic Team GB kit.While we’re still not sure exactly what that facial express
- The EU is launching legal action over plans to override the Brexit divorce bill (Picture: Getty Images Europe)The EU is launching legal action against the UK over Boris Johnson’s plan to tear up parts of the Brexit divorce bill.Brussels had given Downing Street until the end of September to scrap the controversial proposals in the UK Internal Market Bill.
Their demands were rejected with the legislation being cleared in the House of Commons on Tuesday as it makes its way through parli
- Wild elephants in Oluvil, Sri Lanka, have been found with non-digestive polythene in their stomachs after eating rubbish at a dump encroaching on their habitat.
- Manchester United have been urged to sign two defenders and Jadon Sancho (Picture: Getty)Manchester United need to sign at least two defenders and Jadon Sancho before the transfer window closes to compete for the Premier League title, according to former Red Devils midfielder Luke Chadwick.It has been a quiet transfer window so far at Old Trafford, with Manchester United only bolstering Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad with the signing of Donny van de Beek from Ajax.There has been criticism ai
- The Chancellor's coronavirus job retentions scheme ends this month, after subsidising the wages of almost 10milion workers - but what's next for those who are yet to return to work? All you need to know
- Arsenal are deep in negotiations with Lyon for Houssem Aouar (Picture: AMA/Getty Images)Arsenal are ready to make another bid for Houssem Aouar as negotiations with Lyon continue.The Gunners have now made the Frenchman their primary midfield target, ahead of Atletico Madrid’s Thomas Partey, and are set to increase their last offer of £32m.The transfer window slams shut on Monday so time is running out for Arsenal to get the deal done for the 22-year-old and price remains the sticking
- Alec Unsgaard , 21, had recently moved to the UK from Sweden to study International Relations and Politics at the University of Bath when he went missing. A body has now been found.
- Carley Louise Stewart, 31, of Preston, was one of thousands who attended a protest organised by Save Our Rights UK in London in August - she believes there's 'no evidence of a killer virus'
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!