- London director of Public Health England, Professor Kevin Fenton, warned that more restrictions may be imposed, including some across the entire capital, to avoid a more stringent lockdown
- Quick Covid tests will be rolled out across the world (Picture: Getty Images)Covid tests that give results in 15 to 30 minutes are set to be rolled out across the globe, in a move that could save thousands of lives and slow the pandemic worldwide.The rapid antigen tests, made by US company Abbott and South Korean company SD BioSensor, will be supplied to low and middle-income countries for a maximum of $5 (£3.90) each.One of the tests has received emergency approval from the World Hea
- A spokesman for the NPCC said the intervention was not for security reasons but to ensure all forces were adhering to the same rules.
- The Office for Students regulator has urged students who feel the quality of their education has been affected to complain, warning universities not to take a 'blanket' no refund policy.
- The couple are believed to have told bosses at the US streaming firm about the homemade material before they signed a deal earlier this month said to be worth 100million dollars, insiders said.
- The mayor of Greater Manchester has demanded an urgent review of the 10pm rule and suggested a 9pm curfew on alcohol sales to curb pubgoers rushing to off-licences at last orders.
- Every borough in the capital has seen a rise in cases (Photo: Getty Images)Coronavirus cases have risen in every London borough as fears of a second national lockdown grow.While all parts of the capital have seen an increase in cases, East London has been hardest hit by covid. Infection rates are still lower in London than the worst-hit areas in northern England, but are steadily rising along with hospital admissions.
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan said the capital was at ‘tipping point’
- A woman in her 80s is fighting for her life in hospital after she was hit by a double decker bus on London's Oxford Street on Monday afternoon, with witnesses claiming she lost a leg.
- Regulations differ according to where we live - a far cry from March when the rule was "Stay at home". Now Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have different rules to England, and there is huge variation between regions
- Former White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney predicted that the only presidential debate of 2020 will be Tuesday night's face-off in Cleveland.
- No President in modern history has openly undermined the public's faith in the electoral system in the way President Trump has
- Stewie is finally being understood by the family (Picture: Fox)Family Guy’s foul-mouthed youngest member Stewie Griffin has never been short of something to say – but the gang have finally started to understand him. Mum Lois was finally able to hear her son’s ‘first’ word on Sunday night’s episode, with Stewie screaming out the word ‘f**k!’ in the middle of church. On the one hand, like Stewie’s official first word was going to be a
- Jon Venables, 38, and his friend Robert Thompson were 10 in 1993, when they killed James, two, after taking him from Bootle, Merseyside.
- Anna Montgomery, was enjoying a night out with her boyfriend Jamie Girvan in Belfast city centre when she says she was 'suddenly hit in the face', leaving her with a bloodied face
- Pub landlords face fines of £1,000 for allowing dancing or singing in their venues (Picture: Getty Images)Pub landlords face fines of £1,000 if they allow dancing or music above 85 decibels on their property, a new coronavirus law now dictates.
The steep fine is just one of several law changes in England that were quietly passed on Sunday night without any prior approval by Parliament.According to Downing Street, the set of laws will ensure that new coronavirus restrictions
- Coyote Peterson, 39, gets stung and bitten by the world's most terrifying creatures is what the man in the leather Crocodile Dundee hat does for a living.
- The phenomenon usually associated with arid, sun-blasted regions hit the wet and windy seaside community of Walcott in Norfolk on Saturday.
- The mum-of-six has been bombarded with phone calls and emails telling her to self isolate, as the Test and Trace system individually get in touch with all of her children's contacts
- Waiter James Kruzelnick says he was working at the Mohawk restaurant in Sparta, New Jersey in 2015 when he met Andrew Napolitano who allegedly groped him in the bathroom.
- Wayne Sherwood filmed his son Max riding down Shellharbour Road in Wollongong, south of Sydney, as the vicious magpie continuously swooped at his head.
- Boris Johnson’s incompetence and lack of leadership is fuelling the renewed spread of the virus while the 10pm pub curfew backfires dangerously across a Disunited Kingdom
- Teenagers have been denied traditional rites of passage such as freshers’ week because of the Covid-19 pandemic
- Adults without an A-Level or equivalent qualification will be offered a free, fully-funded college course from April - and can study at a time and location that suits them
- Greater Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says closing pubs and restaurants early was doing 'more harm than good' as city centres pack with crowds due to the 10pm curfew
- Bars, restaurants and pubs caused just 3% of coronavirus outbreaks before the curfew was introduced (Picture: Getty Images)Boris Johnson is facing further backlash over his 10pm curfew rules after it was revealed that pubs and restaurants caused just 3% of England’s outbreaks in the week prior.
Instead, weekly figures from Public Health England showed that schools and care homes had been responsible for more than two thirds of all positive tests. Only 22 outbreaks were linked to the hospit
- The alleged abuse by Geraldine Cook, a now-former teacher at Harambee Elementary School in Roseville, was outlined in a federal civil rights lawsuit filed by parent Kristen Lindsey.
- Serenity Arrington was allegedly killed as her eight-year-old sister watched through the keyhole. The sister is said to have screamed before pulling her mother off her little sister
- Jurgen Klopp hit back at Roy Keane after Liverpool’s victory over Arsenal (Pictures: Sky Sports)Jurgen Klopp shared a frosty exchange with Manchester United legend Roy Keane after Liverpool maintained their perfect start to the season with a 3-1 victory over Arsenal.Following the Anfield clash, Keane hailed Liverpool’s performances and described the defending Premier League champions as a ‘winning machine’.However, the former Manchester United captain suggested there was
Freddie Flintoff’s ‘raw and honest’ Living With Bulimia hailed as ‘most important documentary of the year’Freddie opened up about his battle with bulimia (Picture: BBC)Freddie Flintoff’s documentary Living With Bulimia has left viewers devastated with the sport’s star’s raw and honest account of the eating disorder.
The Top Gear presenter honestly spoke about how being bulimic has affected his life, including his shame at being ‘proud’ of purging his food, and even now finding it hard to acknowledge the hold that it has on him.
Sparked by comments about his weight as a
- EXCLUSIVE: The rape and murder of Banaz Mahmod has been recreated in ITV true-life drama Honour, but Jasvinder Sanghera, who campaigns against forced marriages, warns a similar case 'could and will happen'
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!