Lockdown will end on December 2 when the tiered system will come back (Picture: Getty)England will go back into a three-tier system of restrictions when lockdown ends on December 2, but with stricter rules in place.
Downing Street said that while some measures will be the same as those in the previous system, some tiers will be strengthened to safeguard the gains made during the four-week shutdown.
Boris Johnson is expected to lay out his plan for winter, which includes details on how families c
- According to the latest data, 272,254 Americans have died after testing positive for Covid-19, by far the largest number in the world, and infections are not slowing down
- Carl Sayer, a professor at University College London, stumbled on the plant when he went to survey the pond at Heydon, about 24 miles north of Norwich, shortly after the country's first lockdown ended.
- London Mayor Sadiq Khan has told Scotland Yard to double its target for new BAME recruits from 19 per cent to 40 per cent by 2022 to better reflect the capital's population.
- PlayStation 5 – not an impulse purchase (pic: Sony)A reader laments the fact that he can’t afford a PS5 or its games and wonders whether a gaming PC is his only other option.If I’m to judge by the majority of people that have one (those that didn’t have them stolen by delivery drivers), the PlayStation 5 is a really great console, with a ground-breaking controller, and some surprisingly good launch games. Unfortunately though I’ll never know. Certainly not at launch
- A good first impression (pic: Sony)A reader offers his appraisal of the PlayStation 5, its controller, and its games, and explains why he’s glad he pre-ordered it.Having managed to snag a pre-order I’ve been lucky enough to spend some time with the PlayStation 5 and some games. Here’s my initial thoughts.The consoleI don’t actually mind the design of the console or its size (my wife isn’t a fan though!). It also fits in the TV stand, which is good. The only issue is
- JON SOPEL:When Donald Trump flew to meet Kim Jung Un for their historic meeting in June, 2018, the one thing I'm told the president obsessed about was what it would all look like.
- Deborah James has inspired countless patients by sharing her experience of the disease on Radio 5 Live. However, after being told she was disease free in January, further tests showed it has returned.
- Tourists have been ordered to stay away from Queensland's world heritage-listed island as Sydney prepares to swelter through another day of 40C plus temperatures.
- Some students could be given grades with asterisks next to them to indicate to higher education colleges that they should look kindly on certain applicants.
- Sir Philip's Arcadia Group, which is owned by his wife Tina, is expected to call in administrators tomorrow morning, putting the future of up to 500 shops and 13,000 jobs in jeopardy.
- Margaret Newton, 82, was shopping with her grandson Mark when she was stopped by two environmental protection officers in Windsor - now she faces a fine as big as her weekly pension
- Typhoons were launched after two Tu-142 Bear F planes used for anti-submarine warfare and maritime patrol were detected near UK airspace
- The owner of The Ivy brasserie chain and his wife Patricia said their Food From The Heart campaign will help feed children in poverty across the UK in December and into 2021.
- The ban on cruising has had a grave ripple effect on travel agents, tour operators, hotels, food suppliers, bus companies and baggage handlers.
- Staff were heard arguing with officers in the street outside Frog in Covent Garden, run by former MasterChef finalist Adam Handling.
- Joe Joyce showed impressive heart in his win over Daniel Dubois (Getty)Tyson Fury has sent a message of congratulations to Joe Joyce following his KO victory over Daniel Dubois on Saturday evening.In an event contest at London’s Church House, Joyce registered the 12th win of his professional career in surprising circumstances as Dubois felt he could not continue in the 10th round due to an injury to his left eye.Joyce’s jab had been a problem for Dubois throughout the fight and anoth
- Chris Pinto, 32, suffered critical head injuries at Mudjimba skate park, on Queensland's Sunshine coast, on Tuesday
- A second man has died in Friday's shooting at the Arden Fair Mall in Sacramento, California, after he was rushed to a hospital.
- Mr Ndou grew up in an extremely poor family in the small town of Musina, on the South Africa-Zimbabwe border, in the 1970s under a legislated racial segregation policy known as apartheid.
- Aseel Muthana left Wales for Syria in 2013, aged 17, following his brother Nasser and another friend in joining the jihadist group. Now, he is saying he should be allowed to return to the UK.
- Daniel Dubois’ eye had completely closed by the 10th round of his loss to Joe Joyce (BT Sport)Frank Warren has revealed that Daniel Dubois complained about nerve damage to his eye after his loss to Joe Joyce.Dubois’ left eye had completely closed by the 10th round when he was caught by a left jab from Joyce. After a few seconds, Dubois winced and touched his eye before taking a knee for the full 10 count.The defeat is the first of Dubois’ short career, with the 23-year-old winn
- Curtis Pritchard (left) spoke out on Maura Higgins’s new relationship with Chris Taylor (right) (Picture: REX)Curtis Pritchard has shared his thoughts on ex Maura Higgins’ relationship with Chris Taylor, admitting he felt ‘betrayed’ as he was close to both of them. The Love Island star, 24, spoke out after his ex Maura and Chris went public with their relationship last week, admitting it hurt to see them together. He told The Sun: ‘I feel betrayed by them
- There could be trouble down the road for Carla and Peter (Picture: Rex)Coronation Street star Alison King has warned of trouble in store for Carla Connor and Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne).Carla has been filled with guilt since she slept with Adam Barlow (Sam Robertson), and the pair are keen to keep things quiet – especially after Daniel Osbourne (Rob Mallard) found out.
However, on the cobbles, secrets have a habit of getting out.Alison explained that, while Carla and Peter have both made
- The Prince is supporting the BBC Countryfile's two-year initiative to plant 750,000 trees, called Plant Britain, alongside Dame Judi Dench hand will appear on the programme on Sunday
- Will Knowland, who taught English at the £42,500-a-year school in Berkshire for nine years, was dismissed over a lesson which questioned current radical feminist orthodoxy.
- 23-year-old Saskia Jones was stabbed to death by convicted terrorist Usman Khan at a prisoner rehabilitation event she helped stage at Fishmongers’ Hall in Borough Market
- Temur Akhmedov, 27, faces a deeply painful showdown with his mother, Tatiana Akhmedova, 52, at the Royal Courts of Justice.
- Daniel Mateola, 49, had to abandon his congregation in the 'sinister' incident at the Kingdom Faith Church in Milton Keynes last week.
- Leome won an astonishing £76,000 in the first episode of Michael McIntyre’s The Wheel (Picture: BBC)The first episode of new gameshow Michael McIntyre’s The Wheel saw a contestant walk away with an incredible £76,000 after taking a huge gamble in the final round.The BBC programme, which began on Saturday November 28, involves three contestants teaming up in a bid to win a huge sum of money, with the assistance of celebrity ‘experts’ who sit around a huge wheel
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!