Line of Duty’s Vicky McClure rules herself out of replacing Jodie Whittaker on Doctor Who: ‘It’s not for me’Vicky won’t be swapping AC-12 for the Tardis any time soon (Picture: BBC)Sorry Vicky McClure fans – it looks like there’s no chance that the Line of Duty star will be filling Jodie Whittaker’s shoes on Doctor Who when a new lead is found.Ever since it was announced that Jodie will soon be taking her final bow as the Time Lord, Whovians have been speculating who will be announced as her replacement.From Olly Alexander to Michaela Coel, several names have been thrown into t
- Are these furry friends at risk? (Picture: Getty)The UK is a nation of animal lovers, and so it is only natural that many are concerned that our beloved pets could catch Covid-19.Some experts have been calling for cats and dogs to receive the vaccine for over a year.So can our furry friends contract the disease, and what are the symptoms to look out for?Here is all you need to know.Can pets catch Covid?DogsResearch suggests that Covid-19 is possible in cats and dogs whose owners have the disease
- Video showed how recycling and general rubbish were not kept separate (Picture: Paride Lunazzi)Footage shows how bags of recycling were repeatedly thrown into a refuse lorry alongside general waste in a street in London.
Fulham resident Paride Lunazzi took the videos while working from home, saying he had noticed this happening for years and was fed up.The videos, taken on January 6 and January 13, show how black bags were thrown into the same sections of a split lorry as clear bags of recycling
- People in York are not happy that Prince Andrew is named after it (Picture: Getty)Calls for Prince Andrew to be stripped of his Duke of York title are growing with a local MP taking the battle to Parliament.
Labour’s Rachael Maskell submitted an Early Day Motion on the matter after receiving ‘many emails’ from residents unhappy that the scandal-hit royal is still named after the city.
The motion says that ‘geographically based titles can become an affront when an individu
- A fugitive who faked his own death to escape sex and fraud charges in the US - only to be nabbed after catching Covid and nearly dying in a Scotland hospital - is on the lam again after skipping a court hearing.
- Rachael Maskell, 49, the Labour MP for York Central said the case of Andrew showed that there needs to be a debate on how aristocratic titles are assigned.
- Billionaire financier Leon Black has named his former Apollo Global Management partner Josh Harris as the one who forged the 'malicious campaign' to take him down.
- Westchester DA Mimi Rocah (inset) cited 'tunnel vision' for investigative shortcomings that failed to produce a charge in Kathleen Durst's 1982 disappearance.
- Squad members attacked Sens. Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema for voting to uphold the filibuster even as the rule stopped voting rights legislation they supported from passing.
- Dembele has been ordered to leave the Camp Nou this month (Picture: Getty)Manchester United are interested in signing Ousmane Dembele from Barcelona this month if they are offered the chance to bring him in on a free transfer.Barcelona have ordered Dembele to leave the club this month after turning down their offer of a new contract, insisting the winger is ‘not committed to the project’.With his contract set to expire at the end of the season, Barcelona are facing a huge loss on the
Footballer breaks down after telling jury he was forced to work in a warehouse after rape allegationBeryly Lubala was giving evidence in his rape trial at Lewes Crown Court where he is accused of attacking a woman in September 2019, an allegation which he denies.
- Ian Black, 61, was driving home from a night shift at the Pirelli factory in Carlisle, Cumbria, when he decided to stop and buy a newspaper from a local shop.
- Side-effect scares have put many women off taking hormone replacement therapy, writes the Mirror's Dr Miriam Stoppard, but new trials are putting its links to dementia into context
- NHS frontline staff in England are required to be fully vaccinated by April 1 meaning they must have their first jab by early February or risk losing their jobs
- A ring with thorns? Yeah, the copycats will be on the market stat (Picture: Emma McIntyre/Getty Images for iHeartMedia)Look, whether he was kidding or not, Machine Gun Kelly suggesting he designed Megan Fox’s engagement ring so that it would ‘hurt’ if it was taken off may be one of the more careless things I’ve heard a celebrity say.
And I’m not alone.
In case you were living under a rock and missed the news – and if so, can I join? – Machine Gun Kelly p
- Mary Duffy ‘almost burst into tears’ the last time Sofology called to cancel its delivery (Picture: Walter Neilson)Whether it’s last-minute shopping, family politics or painstakingly trying to nail your timings in the kitchen – Christmas can be a stressful time for many.There’s lots of things to consider if you’re having people round, so at the bare minimum you want to be comfortably sat as you vegetate in front of the telly after eating an outrageous amount o
The Queen has sent a message of support to people in Tonga still struggling to contact loved ones cut off by a tsunami.Emergency workers are still battling to reach some remote islands which are feared to have been devastated by huge waves triggered by a volcanic eruption on Saturday.The country’s main underwater communications cable was destroyed during the natural disaster, leavi
- Lauren Perks, from Barking in east London, claims a Disney-themed glass bought at a B&M store exploded as she took a sip from it, leaving her with shards of razor-sharp glass in her mouth and stomach
Strictly champs Rose Ayling-Ellis and Giovanni Pernice join their fellow celebs and pros for glitzy photocall as Live Tour kicks offGet your sequins out, it’s tour time! (Picture: PA)Strictly Come Dancing may have only aired its finale last month, but if you’re anything like us and already in need of another Strictly fix, have no fear.The hit BBC show is taking its Live Tour back on the road again after the 2020 tour was cancelled due to Covid.The cast of 2021 (and some previous contestants) will hit the road to perform in venues across the country, kicking off tonight in Birmingham.Now, it wouldn’t be a St
- Kane Faulkner-Wild was warned to ‘slow down or we’re all going to die’ (Picture: Imogen Halcrow/Essex Police/SWNS)A speeding drink-driver killed the teenage girl he was ‘trying to impress’ and a friend when he smashed his high-powered BMW M3 into a tree. Kane Faulkner-Wild, 23, claimed his crush Sophia Khan, 16, was driving but was sentenced to more than eight years in prison when officials saw through his lies.He had his hand on Sophia’s leg seconds befo
- Motoring association the AA was forced to clarify its position on who it chooses to prioritise when vehicles break down. It drew huge amounts of criticism after a social media gaffe
If you’re a Lord of the Rings fan, the chances are you’ve been on high alert this week after the first teaser trailer for The Lord Of The Rings: The Rings of Power was revealed. However, you might not have realised just how cool the clip really was. The new teaser trailer features the show’s title being forged in steel, but viewers may not have thought that it
- Lloyd says the sunrises are one of his favourite parts of narrowboat living (Picture: Mercury Press)If you’re a renter in London, you’ll be familiar with the frustration of sending a large chunk of your paycheck off to your landlord every month.More frustrating than that, though, are suggestions we should ‘just’ move away or get on the property ladder, as though these are workable solutions for those of us without a financial safety net (or a lottery win).Many have chosen
- Lisa Ridd was just 22 when two planes crashed into the Twin Towers on 11 September 2001 - but for years, she didn't talk about it. But when her eldest child learned about the attacks at school, she faced up to her trauma
- Government dashboard data shows another 107,364 people tested positive across the UK in the past 24 hours, down only slightly on the 109,133 last week.
Alaska doctor, 64, sentenced to three years in prison after five patients died from opioid overdosesDavid Chisholm, 64, of Wasilla, Alaska, has been sentenced to 34 months in prison for illegally prescribing opioids to 350 patients, which resulted in five overdoses.
- Afive-bed home with bathrooms priced at £82.7 million has gone viral on social media, thanks to its incredibly unusual interior, which includes a nightclub and spa
- Aldi is selling its Clevamama Baby Snuggle Nest for £29.99 - it's a soft pillow for your baby to rest on that aims to give your little one "a safe and relaxing environment"
- Darshan Acharya was accused of being a 'creepy sexual predator' by a former colleague who resigned after she was allegedly disciplined for lodging a formal complaint against him.
- Andy Thorn recorded the moment a curious fox he had befriended sits and listens to him play his banjo near the deck outside his Boulder, Colorado home.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!