- via theguardian.comGathering in barns, cafes and bookshops, worshippers are flocking to illegal services around the countryCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageIt sounds like the build-up to an illegal rave. Invitations are passed by word of mouth to trusted people. Minimal information – time, directions – is quietly given with pleas for discretion. Once everyone is assembled in a barn on a remote farm – “away from prying eyes,” says the organiser –
- Kiki has always been adventurous (Picture: My Family Vets)Losing a beloved pet is a devastating experience for any family to go through, and most would give up hope if the animal had been missing more than a year.However one family got the shock of their lives when they were reunited with their adored cat an astounding seven years after she disappeared.Thanks to the miracle of microchipping, Kiki the 13-year-old tortoiseshell cat has finally found her owners after going missing in 2013.Kiki was
- People queue to get into the flagship Debenhams store in London’s Oxford Street (Pictures: EPA/ Rex/ AP)At-risk Debenhams stores have been swamped by bargain-hunters after reopening post-lockdown. The company is set to be liquidated in the new year after rescue talks with JD Sport fell thorough and all 124 stores are now trying to shift the last of their stock before closing for good. More than a million people have tried to access the brand’s website since the news broke y
- Oh dear (Picture: SWNS)A toddler decided to ‘copy Mr Tumble’ and decorate the living room carpet – with a tub of Sudocrem.Mum Crazee Cardy, 21, had only turned her back briefly to wash the dishes but that was all it took for daughter Bleu-Lilly Re to get her hands on a tub.The 18-month-old had been watching TV and decided to copy one of her favourite characters, Mr Tumble, when he started painting a picture.Unfortunately for Crazee, Bleu-Lilly’s paint was the antiseptic c
- via mirror.co.ukThe PM's official spokesman was invited three times to agree with the Health Secretary's claim - but he would not
- Sorry Mark, but there’s no room at the inn for you (Picture: Getty)Wales’ First Minister has been barred from more than 100 pubs after he banned them from serving alcohol and staying open beyond 6pm.Mark Drakeford’s strict new rules to tackle a rise in cases will come into force this Friday.But the measures have sparked fury from business owners in the hospitality industry, with some taking matters into their own hands.The West Conwy Pubwatch group said the First Minister would
- Finley Dye has ran a mile every day during lockdown to raise money for foodbanks (Picture: Matthew Dye)A hero schoolboy who ran a marathon during lockdown has raised over £1,000 for his local foodbank.
Finley Dye, 7, from Watford, wanted to help families in need after learning about child hunger on the news.His parents said he ‘could not understand’ why some people had enough food but others went without and asked about ways he could help.
Despite having little running experien
- Austin Stevens has been charged with murdering 10 month-old daughter Zara Scruggs over claims he killed the infant while sexually assaulting her (Pictures: Black Diamond Construction/Facebook)A father was ‘abnormally calm’ moments after allegedly murdering his 10 month-old daughter while sexually assaulting her, a court heard. Austin Stevens, 29, showed ‘no panic, no emotion’ while an emergency responder tried frantically to save Zara Scruggs at his home in Lower Providen
- John Stones could be offered an escape route of Manchester City by Arsenal (Picture: Getty)Arsenal are reportedly plotting a move to sign out-of-favour Manchester City centre-back John Stones in the January transfer window.The 26-year-old has failed to live up to expectations since swapping Everton for City in 2016 and is struggling for regular minutes this season, with Pep Guardiola favouring Aymeric Laporte and summer arrival Ruben Dias at the heart of his defence.Stones will be desperate to b
Susannah Constantine is a braver woman than the rest of us as she filmed herself taking a dip outdoors in the freezing November weather. The fashion guru, 58, donned a red swimming costume as she told her followers on Instagram about her plans to take a dip in the icy water and go wild swimming. She said on her story: ‘We’re going into the lake and I’m just go
Susannah Constantine is a braver woman than the rest of us as she filmed herself taking a dip outdoors in the freezing December weather. The fashion guru, 58, donned a red swimming costume as she told her followers on Instagram about her plans to take a dip in the icy water and go wild swimming. She said on her story: ‘We’re going into the lake and I’m just go
- Boris Johnson today hit out at anti-vaxxers for being ‘totally wrong’ (Picture: Getty/Reuters)A leading fact checking charity is warning that a surge in vaccine misinformation could cost lives. Full Fact say that ‘wave after wave’ of debunked claims are gaining traction online and urged people to be careful before sharing posts. Revealing a series of bizarre conspiracy theories it has had to debunk – including that vaccines could alter people’s DNA &ndash
- Tom Jr (second from right) hinted he may be moving on from the series (Picture: Channel 4)Tom Malone Jr has hinted that his days on Gogglebox could be numbered as he moves in with his girlfriend. The 26-year-old and his family have become favourites on the weekly Channel 4 show, thanks to their cheeky comments on the biggest programmes on telly. However, with the Manchester native getting ready to move in with his girlfriend Bryony Briscoe, Tom may have to choose whether or not he can
- Taylor Swift has given fans the first listen to the re-recorded version of Love Story (Picture: CMT/VIACOMCBS/REX)Taylor Swift has revealed the first official snippet of her new version of hit track Love Story in the best way.The singer is busy working on re-recording all the music from her first six albums after Scooter Braun bought – and then sold – the rights to her masters catalogue.However, when her pal Ryan Reynolds requested to use the new version of the singer’s smash-h
Pat Patterson dead: WWE legend, Royal Rumble creator and wrestling’s ‘first gay superstar’ dies aged 79The wrestling pioneer leaves behind an incredible legacy (Photo: WWE)WWE legend Pat Patterson has died.The Hall of Famer and pioneer – who was the first ever Intercontinental Champion and is credited with inventing the Royal Rumble match – has died aged 79, with the wrestling world mourning his sad death.‘WWE is saddened to learn that Pat Patterson has passed away at the age of 79,’ the company said in a statement. ‘WWE extends its condolences to Patterson&rsqu
- You can get £105 worth of Fenty Beauty products for £30 (Picture: Glossybox X Fenty Beauty)In glorious news for beauty product lovers everywhere, a new collaboration between Glossybox and Fenty Beauty is arriving just in time for Christmas.The monthly beauty subscription service is known for delivering customers the biggest and best products from the world of beauty.This collab is no exception as the brand presents customers with a dream haul of products worth £105, for just &p
- Could tiny changes be the key to unlocking a better new routine? (Picture: Ella Byworth for Metro.co.uk)This has been a time of intense change, leaving many of our old, tried, tested and healthier habits in the dust.The extent to which we’ll be able to ‘get back to normal’ is in doubt, and with different iterations of lockdown and tiers still to grapple with, it’s little wonder that some of us are feeling a bit lost.While it’s important to not put yourself under too
- Water Research Australia microbiologist Dr Dan Deere said traces of the virus in sewage could be an early sign someone in the community has COVID-19 but is not showing symptoms yet.
- Keana Ball, now 20, was attacked by 32-year-old Mark McLean in the driveway of her home in Balcatta, northern Perth, on March 24.
- The Australian Square Kilometre Array Pathfinder (ASKAP), has created an ‘atlas of the universe’ (CSIRO)A telescope in the Australian outback has discovered over a million new galaxies and helped to create an ‘atlas of the universe’.Astronomers behind the Australian Square Kilometre Array Pathfinder (ASKAP) were able to map an astonishing three million galaxies in just 300 hours.The equivalent work would have taken up to a decade using previous generations of telescope.On
- The prime minister posted on the Chinese online platform on Tuesday to defend Australia's response to a report last month that alleged ADF troops had committed war crimes in Afghanistan.
- Amid rising alarm among unionists, the latest research suggests the SNP is on track for a thumping victory at Holyrood elections in May.
- Trading laws will plunge 16 regional areas in Queensland into a four day shutdown over the busiest shopping period of the year.
- Roseville police discovered the bodies of Shana Pringle, 34, and her young son Noah inside a black Dodge Caravan parked in the lot of a movie theatre near Eureka Road at 3am on Sunday.
- The consecutive numbers were drawn on Tuesday night, leaving the 20 winners with 5.7million rand (£279,000) each, while another 79 people won around £300 in the South African lottery.
- The chaotic scenes took place along one of the main streets in Alice Springs in front of dozens of revellers on November 6.
- Gabriel Sterling, a Republican who oversaw the implementation of the state's new voting system, demanded that President Trump step up and be a leader after the threats.
- via mirror.co.ukBut he also wouldn't want to take one if it meant someone higher up the priority list would have their jab delayed
Andrea McLean has spoken about how suffering from a breakdown last year, in addition to the lockdown established due the coronavirus pandemic, influenced her decision to step down from Loose Women.On Monday this week, Andrea announced that she had decided to leave Loose Women after 13 years on the ITV talk show.During Wednesday’s show, Janet Street-Porter – who was not on the
- A huge operation to roll out 'hug in a box' Covid tests to let care home residents see and cuddle their families has begun - with one relative describing finally embracing her loved one as 'overwhelming'.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!