- Fewer than one in five Australians trust China to act responsibly in the world and even fewer endorse the leadership of Xi Jinping, new polling shows.
- Queensland records 10 new cases of Covid-19 as end-of-lockdown deadline approaches. New cases linked to Brisbane schools continue to cause concern.
- The schedules are from gigs The Beatles played in the springs of 1960 and 1963. Each set list is predicted to fetch between £107,000 and £179,000 at Bonhams Auction House.
- The £2 million Marble Arch Mound promised 'an experience of the great outdoors' with sweeping views of central London, but failed to live up to expectations.
- Ms Berejiklian said by August half the state's eligible population would be vaccinated and she would consider easing Sydney's lockdown - which is in place until at least August 28.
FIFTY-FOUR Australians have died of Covid-19 overseas so far - including people wanting to come homeAt least 54 Aussies have died overseas from Covid-19 by mid-May government figures have revealed. Sadly some of those were begging for government help to return home.
Covid-19 Australia: Victoria investigates Maribyrnong man who visited family who left NSW quarantineContact tracers are probing the movements of a man aged in his 20s from Maribyrnong, in north-west Melbourne, after he tested positive to Covid-19.
- A 23-year-old Wollongong man has been charged with fraud after allegedly faking he had Covid-19 on Monday August 2 in order to get out of travelling to work in Newcastle.
- Social media channels will be used to plug the 'Don't Miss Out' and 'Get Your Shot' message, while Heaven nightclub in London will host a pop-up vaccine centre this Sunday.
- Coles shopper Lyn said she was amazed after watching the cashier's reaction when the elderly lady became confused when paying for her items at Coles in Medowie, Port Stephens.
- The BBC comedy, which ran from 1982 to 1992, coined a multitude of catchphrases that proved popular for decades.
- Destined to be the best-selling console of the last generation (pic: Nintendo)The Friday Inbox is convinced that Zelda: Skyward Sword is better on Switch than the Wii, as one reader looks forward to Psychonauts 2.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
Tortoise and the hare
Reading about Nintendo’s latest sales figures is just unreal. By the end of the Wii U era that company was on the ropes. They’d completely squandered their success with the Wii and w
- Residents fear the timeless appeal of the Holy Island of Lindisfarne is under threat from a 'Disney-style' land train that has been approved to transport tourists.
- President Joe Biden praised officers who 'stood in the breach' to protect the Capitol as he praised officers who defended the building, lawmakers, and the peaceful transfer on Jan. 6th.
- The Charity Commission said it had 'serious governance concerns' with Care4Calais, which gives food, shelter, healthcare and legal support to migrants, particularly those sleeping rough.
- The Aussies put everything into their semi-final match against powerhouse team USA and were leading by three points at halftime before ultimately going down 97-78.
- The boy from Norton, County Durham, developed a lump on his arm and after a visit to the doctor and then specialists at Newcastle's RVI hospital, he was given a devastating diagnosis
- Modern combat jets landed on a US civilian road for the first time in history Thursday, when a group of four A-10 Thunderbolt and a pair of transport craft operated off of a highway in Michigan.
- From 4am on Sunday, those returning home from Mexico will have to quarantine in a designated hotel for ten days after the country was added to the travel red list.
Jennifer Aniston urges people to ‘care about more than ourselves’ after revealing she has cut people from her life for being anti-vaxJennifer Aniston has cut people out of her life for being anti-vax (Picture: Getty)Jennifer Aniston was left disappointed by the response to her revealing she has stopped speaking to people who refuse to be vaccinated against Covid-19.The Friends star said in a new interview that she feels the refusal to have the vaccine is ‘based in fear’.‘I feel it’s your moral and professional obligation to inform, since we’re not all podded up and being tested every single day.
- Markeith Loyd (left) is representing himself against murder charges over the death of Lt Debra Clayton (right) (Pictures: Law & Crime)A man who has been convicted of killing his pregnant ex-girlfriend is representing himself against charges that he murdered a police officer. Markeith Loyd, 45, only has his former lawyers as standby counsel in the trial on the death of Lt Debra Clayton.
Loyd was previously convicted and sentenced to life in prison for murdering his girlfriend Sade Dixon.Court
- Cumbria: The final frontier. This appears to be the latest voyage of the Starship Enterprise. Its mission: To seek out a stricken teenager on a hillside in the Lake District.
- Wuhan-based virologist Shi Zhengli is one of the world's top researchers on coronaviruses and has discovered dozens of deadly SARS-like viruses in bat caves
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reveals ‘positive’ Paul Pogba talks and opens up on Manchester United’s transfer plansManchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has held ‘positive’ talks with Paul Pogba (Picture: Getty)Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has revealed he has held ‘positive’ discussions with Paul Pogba over his Manchester United future, while also hinting that more players could follow Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane through the doors at Old Trafford this summer.Pogba’s current contract is due to expire at the end of next season and the Red Devils must decide whether to reluctantl
- Divorce lawyer Charles Zolot, 65, was found in a pool of blood with 'trauma to hisface' and 'puncture wounds to his chest,' at his office in Queens, New York, the NYPD said.
- Trevor Reed, 29, was sentenced by a Moscow court to nine years in July 2020, after a drunken party. U.S. officials say they have no idea where he is being held and are demanding access.
- DailyMail.com photos show Barack Obama hitting the links at the Farm Neck Club in Martha's Vineyard on Thursday, a day after he turned 60 and two days before his birthday celebration.
- An Instagram post promoting her new 40x40 initiative was reportedly only shared around 200 times publicly despite Meghan Markle saying it was her only birthday wish for people to promote it
- President Joe Biden was seated far away from Vice President Kamala Harris and other officials at an indoor White House event Thursday, in the latest sign of new protocols amid the rise of the Delta variant.
- NSW police have identified nine people - including a woman - from CCTV footage who they wish to speak to after they all allegedly protested in Sydney's anti-lockdown march last month.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!