- Smart devices such as the voice-activated computer assistant Alexa could be star witnesses in court cases, the Director of Public Prosecutions said yesterday.
- A man has been arrested for attacking a guard outside the French embassy in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
The man was said to be carrying a ‘sharp tool’ during the incident, Saudi state TV reports. The guard was taken to hospital, but his condition is not life-threatening.
He has now been arrested.
This is a breaking news story, more to follow soon…Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected]o.uk.For more stories like this, check our news page.
- A knifeman has been shot dead by French police this morning, hours after a terror attack in Nice.Officers in Avignon opened fire at around 11.15am as a suspect threatened them, shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’, according to local reports.It comes after at least three people were left dead and several others injured following a knife attack this morning inside the Notre-Dame Basilica in Nice.
More to follow.
- Social media users took to the Twitter to slam comments made about Father Christmas' weight by Professor Emer Shelley in a tongue-in-cheek section of Good Morning Britain today.
- The attacker was arrested after attacking and injuring the guard in Jeddah, according to the official Saudi Press Agency.
- Larry Krasner threatened the president that if he sent any 'uncertified poll watchers' to the birthplace of American democracy: 'I've got something for you.'
- Jorginho missed another penalty (Picture: Chelsea FC via Getty)Frank Lampard admitted he would be talking to Jorginho after the Italian missed a second penalty of the season on Wednesday against Russian outfit FC Krasnodar.After seeing a penalty stopped by Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson this season, Jorginho sent a spot kick against the post in a 4-0 Champions League win.While it didn’t stop Chelsea getting a vital three points, with Callum Hudson-Odoi, Timo Werner, Hakim Ziyech and Christia
- No… I definitely cleaned the bathroom last week (Picture: Getty/Metro.co.uk)Cleaning can be theraputic. If you have the right soundtrack and the right mindset. But we can probably all agree that cleaning the bathroom is the worst.It’s always a bit gross, you have to use the most intense cleaning products and it, without fail, always takes the longest.If you live with housemates or a partner, you definitely pull the short straw when it’s your week to clean the bathroom.Research
- Kayleigh Taylor, 31, impressed X Factor judges in 2017 and was an early favourite to win, but was forced to drop out after her two eldest children were taken away by social services.
- A spy working for Poland's equivalent of MI5 has been arrested after ploughing his car into a group of women protesting against the country's new abortion laws.
- I’m A Celebrity 2020 unveils new logo ahead of series (Picture: ITV)I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here has unveiled its new logo ahead of the series which airs next month.The logo – just like the upcoming series is going to be very different this year – after TV bosses swapped the Australian jungle for the Welsh countryside.Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the series will be filmed at the Grade-I listed Gwrych Castle in Conwy, North Wales.The 2020 logo is very simi
- The London-based retail giant will concentrate its festive TV adverts solely on food this year instead, and still plans to use social media influencers to market clothing and homeware.
Care home manager gets ‘stool scale’ birthday cake from staff because she’s always talking about pooThe cake, and Louise cutting it (Picture: SWNS)Care home manager Louise Lambert is always asking residents how regular they are.She uses the ‘Bristol stool scale’ – something most people who have worked in care and nursing will have come across.The chart is used to classify human faeces into one of seven categories, which can then diagnose other health issues.It was developed at the Bristol Royal Infirmary in 1997 as a clinical assessment tool and is now use
Hugh Dennis has offered fans of Outnumbered a dash of hope, telling ITV’s Lorraine that he’d be up for the show making a comeback in the future.Critically acclaimed sitcom Outnumbered, which followed parents Pete (Hugh) and Sue (Claire Skinner) as they navigated being outnumbered by their three children in their household, ran from 2007 to 2014, with a Christmas special relea
- (Picture: ITV/Getty)Coronation Street star Lucy Fallon has landed a new acting role in a radio play called Sour Hall which will debut next year.
She is currently filming the play which will see her character and her girlfriend move into a new farm – only to be tormented by ghosts.
Spooky!Lucy will appear opposite Doctor Who star Pearl Mackie, and former Corrie actor Graeme Hawley, who appeared in the ITV soap as hapless serial killer John Stape.Writer Laura Kirwan-Ashman recently revealed
- Video shows the Met raiding the Afrikiko club in Peckham where they found 45 revellers in the club's basement dancing to music and not following Covid rules sparking a review of its licence
- Claire Poche, a senior member of Oregon Health Authority, had a big red smile painted across her face and wore bright yellow trousers for the solemn announcement.
- The Pfizer-backed vaccine being developed by German firm Biontech could be ready for distribution in the coming weeks (Picture: Reuters / PA)A German coronavirus vaccine may be ready before Christmas, beating Oxford University’s AstraZeneca jab, according to reports.UK government officials believe a verdict on whether the Pfizer-backed vaccine, being developed by German firm Biontech, works is expected in the coming weeks, The Times reported.
The government has bought up 30 million doses o
- The Girl Scouts of America posted a message of congratulations (right) on its social media pages featuring Amy Coney Barrett (left) and the four other female Supreme Court Justices.
- Microsoft says there’ll be no price hike (pic: Microsoft)Phil Spencer has shot down rumours that Game Pass is to get a major price increase next year and insisted it’s here to stay.The Xbox Series X/S may not have any major exclusives at launch but that doesn’t really matter when subscription service Game Pass has become the console’s killer app.But with so many first and third party games available to play for just £7.99 a month many have questioned whether Microso
- Estimates from Imperial College London's REACT study suggest the R in the capital is 2.86, compared to an England average of 1.6, and that more than 80,000 people in the city currently have the virus.
- Boris Johnson was warnedtoday he needed to get a grip on lockdown plans for Christmas and deliver 'clarity not chaos' by the Northumbria Police and Crime Commissioner Kim McGuinness
The journey to work would be a little different if your car could unfurl a pair of wings and glide over all the stationary traffic.While this dream is still some way off for most of us, there’s a promising development coming out of….Slovakia.Over there is a research and development company called Klein Vision, run by a chap called Professor Stefan Klein.
For the last 30 year
- (Picture: PA)Birmingham and the West Midlands will become the latest areas plunged into a tier three lockdown, following a ‘very worrying’ surge in Covid-19 cases.They are set to move up to the most severe restrictions ‘imminently’, as intensive care beds are filling up in hospitals.Birmingham and West Midlands to move into Tier 3 (Picture: Metro.co.uk)Visit our live blog for the latest updates Coronavirus news live
This is a breaking news story, more to follow…
- via mirror.co.ukChristian Estrosi, the Mayor of Nice, said the attacker was heard to shout the phrase – which translates from Arabic to ‘God is the Greatest’ before being shot by police
- Marcellis Stinnette, 19, was fatally shot and his girlfriend, Tafara Williams, 20, was wounded after a Waukegan police officer shot them on October 20. The couple shared a seven-month-old son.
- Lauren Statham assaulted two key workers as they treated her at Coventry's University Hospital before then turning on an officer, who was called during the booze-fuelled attack.
- Professor Jean-Francois Delfraissy said France would 'need more time' to bring infections down from their current rate of nearly 40,000 a day, meaning lockdown may extend beyond December 1.
- via mirror.co.ukA devastating report by the Equality and Human Rights Commission has found Jeremy Corbyn's office unlawfully interfered with dozens of complaints, there were 'serious failings of leadership', and three breaches of the Equality Act
- Ian Johnson says this year has been ‘hell’ for families like his (Picture: PA)The father of a five-year-old girl battling cancer has described 2020 as ‘hell’ after the Covid-19 pandemic has seen her treatment repeatedly being stalled.Scarlett Coleman, from Middlesbrough, was diagnosed with lymphoma at the start of this year – a side-effect of the heart transplant she received in 2015, when she was aged just five months.She has been in and out of hospital since, but
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!